Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 427 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't know how I feel about this. Urmanov has never had a successful student.

He is knew and has worked with novice mainly, and some juniors. I have no idea about him as a coach either but none of the great coaches was born successful either. Let's see what he can do first.

Amei

Record Breaker
He is knew and has worked with novice mainly, and some juniors. I have no idea about him as a coach either but none of the great coaches was born successful either. Let's see what he can do first.

And Minshin was his coach, so he might get help/advice from him.

Amei

Record Breaker
Good to see yulia was on the same page as me:) I thought I saw a twinkle in her eye when the scores came in after the short. I think she just needed Eteri gone to relieve the pressure. Not to diss Eteri, sometimes a funk just develops between teacher & pupil, especially when the pupil is growing so fast. My guess is that Yulia will be back with a vengeance we haven't seen from her.

I think some of the visible lightness probably came from not so much that she was leaving Eteri, but that she was finally getting to do what she felt she needed to do almost a year ago. At Nationals it was mentioned that the Fed higher-ups intervened and prevented Yulia from leaving. it's had to be rough for both Eteri and Yulia to spend almost another year in that situation, Eteri because she knew Yulia didn't want to be there (perhaps that interfered with Yulia getting the attention she needed) and Yulia for wanting to get a different coach but being prevented and basically having to have multiple more 'poor' finishes for them to say okay.

Aestheticprawn

On the Ice
So I was watching Morris's Periscope stream when Yulia decided to join them. Of course, I was freaking out because YULIA WAS THERE. They talked to her a bit then I commented "I love Yulia" in Russian. Do you know what Morris did? He FRICKEN READ IT TO HER AND SHE SMILED. I MADE YULIA SMILE. What else is there to desire? ;):drama:

witcher

Match Penalty
So I was watching Morris's Periscope stream when Yulia decided to join them. Of course, I was freaking out because YULIA WAS THERE. They talked to her a bit then I commented "I love Yulia" in Russian. Do you know what Morris did? He FRICKEN READ IT TO HER AND SHE SMILED. I MADE YULIA SMILE. What else is there to desire? ;):drama:
Wait WHAT!? :jaw:
Julia was on Periscope!?:eeking:

Are you making fun now? :biggrin:

adelia

Record Breaker
She's appeared on Periscope before, on Kovtun's. I didn't watch it live but there are screenshots on vk.

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
I just started watching some of the videos from ladies FS in CoR, & I noticed Yulia sitting in the audience with a cute looking boy! :luv17: Does anyone know who he is? :scratch2:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I think Urmanov is a good choice for Yulia, because of the fact that she is his top student now and he will ultimately spend most of the time with her. He can prove himself. I think she needs that attention and he should be a very good technical coach, that's also exactly what she needs at this point in time, because getting those jumps consistent again is crucial. And I think she is a talented jumper, it's just her technique that's causing the problems.

Agree. She NEEDS to be someone's one and only:)