Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 207 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
The kid went back to Canada, according to this article (I am terrible at Japanese, so google translate is friend)
Here is the link, anyone in Japan mind double-checking it for me.:) Thank you very much:

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20140514-00000292-sph-spo

According to this article, the kid went home right after PIW in Hachinohe and left for Toronto on 14th. He will come back to Japan in 2 or 3 weeks. I hope it will be longer, though. :biggrin:

I'm confused. He still has like 2 events in May right? The medal thing and another (Can't remember well)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
:think: Well, no wonder Asahi News reporter who covers the Royal news posted a tweet yesterday, especially mentioned that Yuzu “didn’t confirm” his attendance to the ceremony. They should have known Yuzu’s absence in advance.

https://twitter.com/shimaykkkt/status/466483200332550144

Well that would explain things. Honestly I'm glad he is back to Canada to rest from the media and focus on his new programs

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Isn't in this article about Yuzu coming to Canada wrote that he will have 4 quads in program ? :laugh: Or Maybe they mean 4 quads overall in 2 programs ( 2 SP and 2 LP ), ... or 3 in LP and 1 in SP :confused:

Maybe Orser knows already something about the rules changes in terms of jump passes limitation in program. I don't know :unsure:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I hope they have changed the cerimony date, he would
Have never missed it Imo.it's not Yuzu's style.

I also wouldn't want Yuzuru to be absent in those awarding/honor ceremonies after working so hard and sacrificing so much:(. I want him to be able to look back on those moments (and to have as many of them as possible) to give him the lift needed to overcome the inevitable valleys and trials in life.

PS. I also feel like a proud auntie seeing him receive honors and awards at such a young age. :) At the Emperor's spring garden party, he looked like the flower of Japanese youth, its best and brightest.

mikaboo

Medalist
Isn't in this article about Yuzu coming to Canada wrote that he will have 4 quads in program ? :laugh: Or Maybe they mean 4 quads overall in 2 programs ( 2 SP and 2 LP ), ... or 3 in LP and 1 in SP :confused:

Maybe Orser knows already something about the rules changes in terms of jump passes limitation in program. I don't know :unsure:

I think this article is just about him going back to Toronto and the rest is just mumbo jumbo. It says that we can look forward to the new program/s to have 4 different types of quads with the new rules:confused: and music with lyrics. Obviously, the writer doesn't know what Yuzuru has been saying in other interviews (or doesn't care). The article is from Sports Houchi which is a sports newspaper and sports newspapers are known for their unreliability. I think most readers are baseball/soccer fans and don't care that much about FS.

I'm kind of glad that he went back earlier than expected. He is so unpredictable:eek:
It's too bad he'll miss the real medal ceremony which is scheduled for tomorrow I believe. Maybe they can have a small one when he returns.

echotpe

On the Ice
【photo】Japanese figure skaters 2013-2014 season shots special edition

Goo.net produces a high quality shots special edition for major figure skaters, classified into competitions, female, male and etc.

Viewing these shots in reverse timeline, it is a worthy collection to trace back this amazing young man from past to now. Really look forward to see what surprises he will bring to us five months later, when new season competition starts.

Yuzu’s section (with 58 shots)

Home page of special edition

annca

On the Ice
he said in an interview after his parade on how honored he was to be receiving the purple ribbon so it kinda strange??:confused: that he wont be attending the ceremony...:unsure:

and does anybody know when will the tea party with the emperor and the rest of team japan be held? will he miss out on that one too?:cry:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Honestly, I would be tired a lot If I wuld be him about all that hype for last weeks. I know that he is now number 1 name in Japan, but it is just too much. Ceremony here, ceremony there, medal here, medal there, show here, show there, TV show here, Tv show there and there..... and there. He is not a machine to handle everything, and he still needs to have a time to work for next season ;)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Well, Yuzu was asked to take a shot in the flight to Torodo.

http://instagram.com/p/oAOWbnRZ0E/
the hashtags are adorable :laugh:
the picture says "OMG, look who I met!" and the first answer under the pic is "Who is it??" :laugh: it's kinda cute

Honestly, I would be tired a lot If I wuld be him about all that hype for last weeks. I know that he is now number 1 name in Japan, but it is just too much. Ceremony here, ceremony there, medal here, medal there, show here, show there, TV show here, Tv show there and there..... and there. He is not a machine to handle everything, and he still needs to have a time to work for next season ;)
I thought pretty much the same thing... but then again :slink: there's this whole gratitude thing with him and showing how much he appreciates all the support and honors and all that... I mean, it's great and all that he gets the much deserved rewards for his hard work, but it also puts a lot of extra pressure on him...
but I agree, the kid deserves a break from all that media stuff. and probably needs one, too.

mikaboo

Medalist
I also wouldn't want Yuzuru to be absent in those awarding/honor ceremonies after working so hard and sacrificing so much:(. I want him to be able to look back on those moments (and to have as many of them as possible) to give him the lift needed to overcome the inevitable valleys and trials in life.

He can be awarded another purple ribbon in 2018 if he gets another OGM! :cool:

Honestly, I would be tired a lot If I wuld be him about all that hype for last weeks. I know that he is now number 1 name in Japan, but it is just too much. Ceremony here, ceremony there, medal here, medal there, show here, show there, TV show here, Tv show there and there..... and there. He is not a machine to handle everything, and he still needs to work for next season ;)

I agree. Working with his coaching team in preparation for next season should be his number 1 priority right now. Besides, there is only so much he can talk to the emperor about :biggrin:

Thanks for the great links echotpe! The instagram lady is very lucky.

mikaboo

Medalist
I wouldn't be too sure about that :laugh: I believe we already had the talking-machine-gun discussion :laugh:

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. I think the emperor would be happy and amused if he actually does his machine-gun talk with him :laugh:

annca

On the Ice

well i was just curious.. but yes, he's not obliged to attend every ceremonies out there and he deserves all the rest he can get but what i meant that amidst the ceremonies and awards he's been given why would he miss the most important one? i dont think there's anything higher than having the privilege to be given a medal of honor(purple ribbon) in japan. :)

He can be awarded another purple ribbon in 2018 if he gets another OGM! :cool:

that could work :agree:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
【photo】Japanese figure skaters 2013-2014 season shots special edition

Goo.net produces a high quality shots special edition for major figure skaters, classified into competitions, female, male and etc.

Viewing these shots in reverse timeline, it is a worthy collection to trace back this amazing young man from past to now. Really look forward to see what surprises he will bring to us five months later, when new season competition starts.

Yuzu’s section (with 58 shots)

Home page of special edition

Wow, thanks echotpe for informing us of this website that we nonJapanese fans would have a difficult time finding. Lovely shots of Yuzuru, and I specially like the one where Tatsuki was looking at him with (just) a hint of a smile; and the close-up one of Yuzuru, obviously tired but pleased, holding up his Worlds gold medal, the colors of the flowers in the bouquet he was holding in his other hand matching the colors of the stones of his costume.

Well, Yuzu was asked to take a shot in the flight to Torodo.

http://instagram.com/p/oAOWbnRZ0E/

Ahh, Yuzuru looked tired in the shot! Noticed that both Yuzuru and the poster kept their hands behind their back ;).

I think there is some information worth to acknowledge in this TV program. For example, they calculate how much spending that a competing skater from 5 to 20 years old if he/she can attend to Olympics. The amount is 135 millions yen (around US$ 1.3 million).

They also mention that a skater assigned by JSF to a competition will get budge for his fights and accommodation. But the skater needs to afford his coach’s expenses.

Thanks echotpe for the information. So besides being the Golden Boy, Yuzuru can also be called the Million Dollar (plus) Boy. :) I think though the joy he has brought to many people because of his skating is priceless!

well i was just curious.. but yes, he's not obliged to attend every ceremonies out there and he deserves all the rest he can get but what i meant that amidst the ceremonies and awards he's been given why would he miss the most important one? i dont think there's anything higher than having the privilege to be given a medal of honor(purple ribbon) in japan. :)

that could work :agree:

Yes, I thought also the Medal of Honor awarding ceremony and the Emperor's tea party were pretty important events to miss, specially since Yuzuru was regretful at not being able to show the Emperor and Empress his Sochi Olympic gold medal at the Emperor's spring garden party and the tea party would have been an opportunity to rectify that. But, as mikaboo noted, he will have another chance if he wins in Pyeongchang. I certainly hope so. :)

echotpe

On the Ice
@Maria Victoria,

I believe the reason that Yuzu’s absent of ceremony tomorrow will be release somewhere in the future, as it is so unusual against his harmonious and well-rounded way.

By the way, the lady taking shot with Yuzu is a stewardess of Air Canada. She praised Yuzu is a good and refreshing boy with smile in her tweet. She must be another auntie fan!:yay:

ANA has code sharing with Air Canada in flight of Canada.