Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 208 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

SuzyQ

Medalist
My guess: "Shimi hitotsu nai hada" means "perfect skin without even a single spot." ;)

:points:

This is a praise or compliment used for a beauty who has beautiful skin. But, as you know, women have a magic tool named "make-up" :laugh: And even though it looks perfect from a distance, it is very likely that you will find something like a little mole, spot, acne or other. But, that boy!! Someone said even the God uses Photoshop. I may believe that.

I want to stop the time passing (sigh). I really want to keep watching that beauty as long as possible :eek::

I like the music pieces introduced by Dahlia-san, a creater of MAD movies of Yuzuru.

Same Ol' by The Heavy (used for a commercial of Pepsi NEX Zero in Japan featuring Shun Oguri)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fLxAK_KGhM

Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair by Arctic Monkeys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1vYbHHhqYE

I want to see Yuzuru perform in dark costume, maybe with silver accessories, to either of the above. It must be very cool :yay:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
@Maria Victoria,

I believe the reason that Yuzu’s absent of ceremony tomorrow will be release somewhere in the future, as it is so unusual against his harmonious and well-rounded way.

Yes, I agree with you that a plain no-show is not Yuzuru's style, and I'm sure he has good reasons, some possible ones of which have been pointed out here.

By the way, the lady taking shot with Yuzu is a stewardess of Air Canada. She praised Yuzu is a good and refreshing boy with smile in her tweet. She must be another auntie fan!:yay:

Yup. As she posted, she usually doesn't take celebrity pictures so she must be. :) And she appeared respectful of Yuzuru's personal space.

Yay for Yuzuru's fan aunties! And also his fan uncles (e.g., the B. Esp. guys, Evgeni Plushenko ;)); fangirls (little girls included), and fanboys (e.g., Nam Nguyen and Nathan Chen)! Goes to show Yuzuru's transcendental appeal. Now I am wondering if he has fans in Africa, as he has in South America and Southeast Asia.

mikaboo

Medalist
I like the music pieces introduced by Dahlia-san, a creater of MAD movies of Yuzuru.

Same Ol' by The Heavy (used for a commercial of Pepsi NEX Zero in Japan featuring Shun Oguri)

I want to see Yuzuru perform in dark costume, maybe with silver accessories, to either of the above. It must be very cool :yay:

I like Dahlia-san's works too. She's so creative.
When I heard the Pepsi CM, I thought it sounded familiar. Now I know why :laugh:
Yes, I think the music would work with his skating style.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Someone said even the God uses Photoshop. I may believe that.
And I'm sticking to that! :biggrin: the living proof if running around, skating, jumping and looking ridiculously smooth at the same time
(yes, I keep harping on, I'm bored too)

I want to see Yuzuru perform in dark costume, maybe with silver accessories, to either of the above. It must be very cool
I was also bored last night and the internet exists, so...I've made up my mind about his costume.
I just want him to wear his friggin training clothes for absolutely everything :biggrin:
(unless it makes his upper body look like that :laugh: then maybe not)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Because he has many fans? ;) Kidding aside, I see what you mean. "Cool" has often been used to describe Yuzuru's skating style and not without reason. I think he can rock the house with this music and that dark costume with silver thingies.

mikaboo

Medalist
I was also bored last night and the internet exists, so...I've made up my mind about his costume.
I just want him to wear his friggin training clothes for absolutely everything :biggrin:

That's what I've been saying (to myself) all along! Just wear your training clothes and everyone will shut up. :biggrin:
But then, he seems to be very calculating so maybe he does it on purpose to get people to talk.
The last picture cracks me up! :laugh: How do you find these pictures!?

SuzyQ

Medalist

Yes, there are a certain number of Yuzuru-in-exercise-clothes freaks :laugh:

It can be described by a Japanese word difficult to tranlate, "Moe", from Otaku culture :rofl:

Oh, I was astonished that it is described in Wikipedia in many languages :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)

The best Moe to the best of my knowledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahTBC5V1iZU

Pamigena

Record Breaker
The last picture cracks me up! :laugh: How do you find these pictures!?
Once upon a time, someone introduced me to this magical tool that allows you to delve into the deepest darkest corners of the internet. It takes you to places you sometimes wish you had never seen, and sometimes to marvelous places full of wondrous artifacts... it's called google :biggrin: also, I apparently don't have a life and too much time on my hands, so there's that :laugh:

Oh, I was astonished that it is described in Wikipedia in many languages
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)
I read the wikipedia explanation and was offended by the term "pseudo-love"... my love for those pants is very much real, I can tell you that :biggrin:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I was listening to Carmina Burana O Fortuna yesterday, and remembering how it was posted that it was considered for Yuzuru´s long program and I remembered this song fro one of my favorites programs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ combined with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv50DzU2l4s .I think is pretty epic.

I am actually sad that Yuzuru´s not gonna be in the events, I like seeing him acting like a perfect prince and charming everyone around. And I always like seening more interaction between him and the rest of team Japan. But maybe is for the best and was planned long ago he was invited for the Purple Medal Ceremony and Tea.

Shizuka retired after the Olympics, so I guess she didn´t need to worry more about training and could go to every ceremony and show without a problem.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Once upon a time, someone introduced me to this magical tool that allows you to delve into the deepest darkest corners of the internet. It takes you to places you sometimes wish you had never seen, and sometimes to marvelous places full of wondrous artifacts... it's called google :biggrin: also, I apparently don't have a life and too much time on my hands, so there's that :laugh:

I read the wikipedia explanation and was offended by the term "pseudo-love"... my love for those pants is very much real, I can tell you that :biggrin:

:laugh: you are hilarious

mikaboo

Medalist

Oooh, google. I must yahoo it to find more about it. Thank you for the tip.;)

Don't give up on the tea party yet everyone! I don't think the schedule hasn't been released yet and he's the only Gold Medalist for Sochi Olympics so they might try to work around his schedule. Just a heads up though, that Kanako probably won't be invited since she didn't place in the top 8.:cry:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Interview with Borser published today, the interview was held before worlds
http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2014brianorser
Was Sochi a bittersweet moment for you with Yuzuru’s gold and Javi’s 4th place?

To have students at the Olympics is awesome. We were in the kiss and cry area, but Yuzuru did not have his best skate and we had to wait for the results. And then Patrick Chan did not have his best skate either, so Yuzuru won. He was the best the whole week; there is no question about that. He was the best and finished the week as an Olympic champion. Now is a special moment for him and he is happy. So he wants to go to Worlds and skate again, to focus on the long program. It was bitter with Javi. There was a technical problem; he made a bad decision in the free program. As much as you try to understand the rules, it’s still confusing and there are many variables. If the quad toe is a triple and you have many triple toes, and the Salchow, combinations, many things and it was confusing for him. Unfortunately the 3rd best skater came 4th. I was really proud of both these guys. They stayed in Sochi and performed in the gala, were practicing one week there and came back to Toronto. Yuzuru went to Japan to do the media celebration and it was exciting. But the last ten days, they will both be in Toronto and work hard. They still have some energy left. I know as a skater how difficult is to prepare for Worlds after the Olympics.

Was it difficult for you to be at the Olympics with these 2 guys and their main rivals that came from Canada?

I’m happy if the best person wins, the best skater. If the best man wins it’s ok, whether it’s Patrick, or Yuzuru or Javi. I’m just doing my job. I have been asked by these skaters and their federations to work with them and that’s my job. And I don’t have invitations from Canadian athletes. I only have Nam.

All of your guys – Yuzuru, Javi and Nam have something special about them. Can you describe it?

It’s difficult to put it in words. Any Olympic or World champion must have something special. Yuzuru and Javi are so different. Yuzuru lives with his mother, they have very strict disciplined routines and he is still in school; for them education is very important. He keeps to himself, he is not very social. Javier is the opposite. He lives alone; he has an apartment, a girlfriend. He cooks for himself, he cleans for himself and he is quite social. It works for him. The Japanese culture is different than the Spanish. My job is easy because they help each other; they admire and respect each other. Who can ask for more? Me as a coach just have to be careful and read their body language. I’m available for both. Sometime I feel I need to spend more time with Javi, sometimes with Yuzuru. And they understand that.

We used to always see Yuzuru with his Winnie the Pooh tissue box, Javi has Mickey Mouse. What is the story behind the toys?

I don’t know! I know that Yuzuru is very, very superstitious, and I believe it’s part of the superstition. However it was not with him at the Olympics and I didn’t ask, I just let it go.

Will we see a different Javi and Yuzuru next season? Do you plan to change their style?

Yeah. We will get to use vocals. We already chose the music for Javi’s short program, for the free we will see. It’s always easy for him to find music. Yuzuru is different. We are trying to get him out of the comfort zone because I don’t want him to be stereotyped. He is too young for that. We have kept his short program for 2 seasons and must change it now. We will also experiment with the free.

As always... enjoy and have fun ;)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
There is mention about Tracy Wilson working also on perfecting programs. She is also Javier and Yuzu coach. I am always quite surprised how calm and objective she stays when commentating Javier or Yuzuru's program. :yes:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
So Yuzuru tends to keep to himself in Canada, what is a nice way to relax from all the attention he gets outside of Canada. It's like Japanese Yuzu is very social and outgoing having fun with fans, JT and talking freely with them while Canadian Yuzu is not. Because I hope that it's not because of language barrier, that he's not lonely in Canada. To live in a foreign country with friends and family left in Japan is probably pretty difficult.

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Yuzuru is a full-time student at a prestigious Japanese university (e-program) so it's not surprising he keeps to a disciplined schedule while in Canada. In Japan, he's doing ice shows, parades, award ceremonies which are by nature very social. Yuzuru has said in interviews that he's enjoying his time in Canada. He's extremely competitive and driven, and apparently compartmentalizing his life works for him.

After the Olympics, an interviewer in Japan asked him what he'd like to do after winning the gold medal (presumably celebrate? :hb:) and Yuzu said he wanted to return to Toronto and practice his quad Salkow :)

So Yuzuru tends to keep to himself in Canada, what is a nice way to relax from all the attention he gets outside of Canada. It's like Japanese Yuzu is very social and outgoing having fun with fans, JT and talking freely with them while Canadian Yuzu is not. Because I hope that it's not because of language barrier, that he's not lonely in Canada. To live in a foreign country with friends and family left in Japan is probably pretty difficult.

winterbell

Rinkside
Language may be part of the thing since he is described as kind of over-talkative type when he is in Japan ("machine-gun talk" by Kasai and "Shut up and skate!" by Yoshida XDDD ). But I think that actually helps him to keep focused on skating while being able to study at the same time. And I would assume that was part of the reason he once wanted to go back to Japan very badly. Not totally a bad thing.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Well, he did have the "boob skirt," so that must be the "boob training shirt" ;). Thanks Pamina! Your picture posts really brighten up this thread. :)

I like seeing him acting like a perfect prince and charming everyone around. And I always like seening more interaction between him and the rest of team Japan.

Well-said!

Thanks also for sharing that interview with Brian Orser who seems to be quite clear-eyed about his star pupils. Can't understand why except for Nam, the Canadian male skaters don't go to him; he's like the prophet who's not appreciated in his own land.

Now that the Olympic season is over and with the start of the new Olympic cycle, it is really the perfect time to stretch Yuzuru's artistic boundaries, and I'm happy that Brian Orser recognizes that. Maybe for a change we'll see Yuzuru skate a light and sparkling LP as opposed to his dark and dramatic LPs for the last couple of seasons.

Don't give up on the tea party yet everyone! I don't think the schedule hasn't been released yet and he's the only Gold Medalist for Sochi Olympics so they might try to work around his schedule. Just a heads up though, that Kanako probably won't be invited since she didn't place in the top 8.:cry:

That's great if Yuzuru could attend! On the other hand, I'm sad about Kanako if she doesn't get to go. Really hoping she works hard this coming season and wins the Japan nationals, along with Yuzuru, so I'll see them skate together in the gala.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Well, he did have the "boob skirt," so that must be the "boob training shirt" ;). Thanks Pamina! Your picture posts really brightens up this thread. :)
My pleasure entirely :)
you just had to mention the boob skirt, now I won't be able to stop laughing for an hour :laugh: like it wasn't bad enough that I was already thinking all the time "he could have just gone with the sports bra instead of the underwire..."

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I agree with winterbell in that Yuzuru keep to himself in Canada at least in a little part because of the idiom barrier. Time was also in question. Maybe now that the cycle for Olympic Games has restarted he will have more time to enjoy and have fun, balancing figure skating and university. I remember in the Waseda article how he said he would like to go to the University Festival or to go out a little since he hasn´t don´t it in ages.

I found this image in tumblr, Yuzuru, Mao, Dai, Machida and Akiko with a weird mascot girl.