Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Good luck yuzu !! Go and show them what you have :rock:

:agree: I want him to enjoy himself and skate his best. And his best should be more than enough.

If Yuzuru skates his LP to perfection and breaks the LP and TP record, even with Patrick's absence, I think no one can dispute who is now men's figure skating's sovereign.

Esopian

Final Flight
I think whichever song he's going to chose for next season will have reason behind it and we'll love/enjoy it no matter what. As someone wrote earlier, I also can't help to think of how Hanyu will skate to songs I come across. :laugh: Can't wait until Wednesday when Worlds start!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I want to thank to "thank you" from everyone for my linking of the anime, and I would like to send all the "thank you" including mine to the creator, riofabrique. I really hope she (maybe) will make another one :)

Well, the Worlds is just around the corner :yay:

I'm hoping to see his R&J No. 1 even as EX Encore, although we don't know what he will perform at the gala yet :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcKbQbWIofQ

This would be great:agree: But I think he'll choose Story, like at the GPF because he is at home:think:

Anyway, I'm quite sad that we're going to see the PW program for the last time.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
This would be great:agree: But I think he'll choose Story, like at the GPF because he is at home:think:

:cry: At least we'll have the videos to watch them again and again and also I'm excited for the programs for the next season :yay:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

:cry: At least we'll have the videos to watch them again and again and also I'm excited for the programs for the next season :yay:

Cheer up. :) I think Yuzuru might still bring out PW in future gala performances as he has done with past competition programs (Etude, White Legend, Notre Dame de Paris, the 2011-2012 Romeo and Juliet, albeit a truncated version of the last two programs). I wonder whether the PW choreography will still be tweaked though in case of it being an exhibition number.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'm not sad... after World's it will be time for a change, and I think he's squeezing as much out of PW as he ever will (It took two years to do it though... I think there's a lesson there). I'm more excited to see what new SP he will bring next season.

Other male skaters must be relieved at the prospect...! I think Hanyu's PW must be a terrifying prospect to go up against, in competition. Even on a "bad" day, it's likely to put Hanyu 10 points ahead of most others going into the free skate!

giulia95

Medalist
If Yuzu doesn't skate to R&J n°1, I will like to see True Love.

I expecially love Yuzu's very soft arm movemnts, emphasized by the beautiful white/ light gray shirtsleeves and that stunning spin , one of the best I've ever seen from him. A fluent and gentle choreo, a lyrical interpretation and a perfect match to the music.

True love was Yuzu's first appearance of the season and it will be nice if it is the very end too :)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm not sad... after World's it will be time for a change, and I think he's squeezing as much out of PW as he ever will (It took two years to do it though... I think there's a lesson there). I'm more excited to see what new SP he will bring next season.

Other male skaters must be relieved at the prospect...! I think Hanyu's PW must be a terrifying prospect to go up against, in competition. Even on a "bad" day, it's likely to put Hanyu 10 points ahead of most others going into the free skate!

Yeah, I know the program is perfect right now and there's nothing more to improve (+most people got bored to watch PW two seasons), but I'll still miss it. Hopefully the new SP is going to be as exciting as this one.
And I don't think the other skaters are relieved that the kid will have a new SP, probably the new one will be even more difficult technically.:laugh:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Yeah, I know the program is perfect right now and there's nothing more to improve (+most people got bored to watch PW two seasons), but I'll still miss it. Hopefully the new SP is going to be as exciting as this one.
And I don't think the other skaters are relieved that the kid will have a new SP, probably the new one will be even more difficult technically.:laugh:

Well there is still a room for more technical points : ) If he will master quad salchow, then why not put 4S +2nd half 4T3T , 3A ? :biggrin:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Sure, his SP next season might be even more devastating... but it may take a while for him to master it, just like it did for PW. (Especially if he continues to push his technical limits, and adds more difficulty).

If so, then for while at least... other skaters might actually feel like they have a chance... :-D

Esopian

Final Flight
Sure, his SP next season might be even more devastating... but it may take a while for him to master it, just like it did for PW. (Especially if he continues to push his technical limits, and adds more difficulty).

If so, then for while at least... other skaters might actually feel like they have a chance... :-D

Yeah, that might be true due to his strive for perfection in both areas (technical and component), but mostly technical. :agree: I hope that next season he'll tone down the SP and have more amazing FS, though we wish for both to be moving and obtain great scores at the same time.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Yeah, that might be true due to his strive for perfection in both areas (technical and component), but mostly technical. :agree: I hope that next season he'll tone down the SP and have more amazing FS, though we wish for both to be moving and obtain great scores at the same time.

I think he will try harder elements, he always likes to challenge himself.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

littlexflower

Rinkside
I just ran into it on tumblr. Such a good translation with many interesting pieces of information about Yuzu's character. I always love the gap between his on and off the ice personality.

http://youtu.be/2aUsqN1e0Jk
Here is another video about Yuzu's practice today. Although this is an informal practice, the number of fans attended is just incredible! And good to see Pooh-san coming back on the rink side :love: