Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I just ran into it on tumblr. Such a good translation with many interesting pieces of information about Yuzu's character. I always love the gap between his on and off the ice personality.

http://youtu.be/2aUsqN1e0Jk
Here is another video about Yuzu's practice today. Although this is an informal practice, the number of fans attended is just incredible! And good to see Pooh-san coming back on the rink side :love:

Thanks for posting the video:biggrin:
Pooh!:clap:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
As Twitter said, Yuzuru has missed the evening practice. Boy decided to have a short rest?
Also, Kovtun has missed both morning and evening practices. What a confident guy. Nam and Javi have attended both practices.

channah

Rinkside
Hello.
He said that he was so happy that the rink was re-opened. (The rink closed down but after Shizuka Arakawa won the gold in Torino it reopened again as she pleaded with the govenor for the skaters of the area that they had nowhere to train).

Can anyone tell me what this video is about?
It seems as if Yuzu is about to cry :( (but he seems more lovelier than ever, I feel guilty for that)
And though I cannot understand his words, guess his interview skill was so polished even in his younger ages.
The interview starts at 1:10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJcMlkl5Vlk&feature=youtu.be

channah

Rinkside
I saw on the news tonight in Japan that Yuzu is in Japan and had a practic in Saitama super arena where worlds will be held.
He lookedin good shape at the practice but in his interview after he said that he feels under great pressure to perform well as he is now OGM.
(He was kind of smiling when he said it though.)

On other forum I've read that team Orser (Nam, Javier and Juzu) is leaving today to Japan

BusyMom

Medalist
I just ran into it on tumblr. Such a good translation with many interesting pieces of information about Yuzu's character. I always love the gap between his on and off the ice personality.

Here is another video about Yuzu's practice today. Although this is an informal practice, the number of fans attended is just incredible! And good to see Pooh-san coming back on the rink side :love:
That's amazing. More attendants than Sochi for sure. The Japanese fan's passion run deep. No wonder they call Japan the FS' capital.

channah

Rinkside
Hello Meoima
I had a look at the photo and I don't thnk it is accupuncture related.
The round things you can see on his neck are known as PHITEN in Japan.
They are reated with circulation improvement.
It is over the counter stuff here in Japan and lots of athletes (marathon runners and fun runners) use them. Of course Yuzuru might be using some professional versions but this is just a general fitness piece of equipment. In the centre of the tape there are pieces of Titanium which help the general circulation of the body. (I am a marathon runner (living in Japan and actually use them). Yuzuru, does use accupuncure (according to things I have seen on TV, but the circles on his neck are not needles.)

http://www.phitenusa.com/

A blogger has pointed out the acupuncture needles on Hanyu's neck that he has used to deal with asthma. It's skin-color so it's hard to notice the needles: http://a-m-n-o-s.tumblr.com/post/80474395589

Kalina

On the Ice
Hello Meoima
I had a look at the photo and I don't thnk it is accupuncture related.
The round things you can see on his neck are known as PHITEN in Japan.
They are reated with circulation improvement.
It is over the counter stuff here in Japan and lots of athletes (marathon runners and fun runners) use them. Of course Yuzuru might be using some professional versions but this is just a general fitness piece of equipment. In the centre of the tape there are pieces of Titanium which help the general circulation of the body. (I am a marathon runner (living in Japan and actually use them). Yuzuru, does use accupuncure (according to things I have seen on TV, but the circles on his neck are not needles.)

http://www.phitenusa.com/

Hello channah,
this is actually the original post with a picture of what okibari look like, and the article which explains how he uses it. I thought it was some kind of fitness related thing as well, before :)

usethis2

Medalist

There is no translation for me.. :confused:

It's unbelievable how quickly Brian fattened up. :biggrin:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
I'm sorry I'm out of the topic!
Hello everyone! I love Yuzuru so much and this awesome forum as well! :love::laugh: And I'd like to ask you for some help so I could understand Yuzuru and his behaviour better.
When I found out about him I was shocked by how outgoing, kind, honest, modest and, what is the most important for me, how sincere he is (and in his behavioiur). But recently my friends have denied Yuzu and his personality. They said that he is too good to be true. They said his personality is too nice to be true. They said something like "He's too perfect to be a human who acts sincerely. He must have affectedness in his actions, behaviour and his personality." So they insisted that his actions and behaviour are affected. And their arguments were like "He's mathematician. His mind is that of a mathematician, analytical mind. He can't act like a girl or little baby. He's very smart and artistic. He may act like that in order to appeal to the audience. And his 'love' towards children, Pooh, his cheerful personality, childish pureness can be affected, "handmade". They mentioned his friendship with other skaters. "His friendship with Javi is strange. Why don't they go out together or make photos together and we rarely see them together? Maybe his sincere character that videos and articles show us is mere fake." They also mentioned his words when his classmates told the interviewer about him in the interview: "Please don't destroy the image of Yuzuru Hanyu!"
Please help me handle that. I can't reply anything against that, I don't want to be mistaken either. I've always thought that Hanyu is a person that has these qualities as his natural qualities and is always natural and organic, sincere with people, audience and himself. I really want to understand Hanyu, not have any doubts about him and tell people true things about him. :cry::bow:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Hello everyone! I love Yuzuru so much and this awesome forum as well! :love::laugh: And I'd like to ask you for some help so I could understand Yuzuru and his behaviour better.
When I found out about him I was shocked by how outgoing, kind, honest, modest and, what is the most important for me, how sincere he is (and in his behavioiur). But recently my friends have denied Yuzu and his personality. They said that he is too good to be true. They said his personality is too nice to be true. They said something like "He's too perfect to be a human who acts sincerely. He must have affectedness in his actions, behaviour and his personality." So they insisted that his actions and behaviour are affected. And their arguments were like "He's mathematician. His mind is that of a mathematician, analytical mind. He can't act like a girl or little baby. He's very smart and artistic. He may act like that in order to appeal to the audience. And his 'love' towards children, Pooh, his cheerful personality, childish pureness can be affected, "handmade". They mentioned his friendship with other skaters. "His friendship with Javi is strange. Why don't they go out together or make photos together and we rarely see them together? Maybe his sincere character that videos and articles show us is mere fake." They also mentioned his words when his classmates told the interviewer about him in the interview: "Please don't destroy the image of Yuzuru Hanyu!"
Please help me handle that. I can't reply anything against that, I don't want to be mistaken either. I've always thought that Hanyu is a person that has these qualities as his natural qualities and is always natural and organic, sincere with people, audience and himself. I really want to understand Hanyu, not have any doubts about him and tell people true things about him. :cry::bow:

Hello and welcome!:biggrin:
I love your post and I understand your concern. I agree sometimes the kid seems to good to be true, but there are no chances we can figure this out. However, it is very very hard to believe that his image is made up, it would have been too much work.

I mean, look at the level of cuteness in this photo. You can't fake something like this, so I don't think we have reasons to worry.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/928036b682eb6e2d17f522bd05fe0303/tumblr_mpk77eKqV51rm6ftfo1_500.jpg

However, as a fan who admires him also as a person, I prefer, no matter what, to keep in mind the image of him I have. And I also see him as a good kid, very honest, modest and respectful. Sometimes childish, always adorable, most of the time innocent and very mature and committed when it comes to skating.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
So they insisted that his actions and behaviour are affected.
I'm sorry to have to tell you this... but your friends sound like mean-spirited, hateful people. They are SO wrong.

Have they seen Yuzuru's behaviour with their own eyes? Have they met Yuzuru? Have they spoken to him? I am willing to bet they have not, and they are making that stuff up for... I don't know, whatever reason suits them.

My wife and I HAVE seen Yuzuru many times. We also MET him - at Finlandia 2012. He was already becoming popular by then, but nowhere near as famous as now (you could tell by how few Japanese fans were there that year!). So he was quite "approachable" at that time... and several times we found him loitering in the hotel lobby, in the lift etc... goofing off with other skaters like Javier, Richard Dornbush and Kento Nakamura. We were able to say hello and chat a little, a couple of times. He really is a well-mannered, cheerful, and sincere young man.

He was clearly good friends with Javier, it's ridiculous to claim otherwise - hasn't everybody seen them clowning around together? We have seen how well he gets along with other skaters too, and has fun with them.

He put in a great deal of effort for his fans at that competition... and the following year at Finlandia 2013 - even though he was a lot more popular by then, and there were a lot more fans there. Basically, I could go on and on about what I have personally witnessed of his behaviour, but all I'll say is: He IS a great kid! I am confident that anybody who has seen/met Yuzuru in person will say the same. That image you see on TV? That IS him.

And I simply do not believe anybody could "fake it" so elaborately, every hour of every day, for so long...!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
+he seems to be the same for many years, there was no change in the way he acts...he can't have thought about creating a perfect image since he was 15:laugh:

BusyMom

Medalist
All the Japanese skaters are very nice. It is in their culture. Look at Takahashi or Oda for example. They all have a very good loving personalities. They took their duties towards skating fan seriously.

Hanyu is just a kid with so much responsibilities. All the travelling and media frenzy must take a toll on him. Sometimes when you had a bad day, you still need to put up a smile for people around you( family, friends and in his case his fan). That's not fake, it is love.

At the end, all speculations about Asian skaters is always misinterpreted just because the differences in cultures and upbringing.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

I have seen this kind of "conspirancy" that people create when someone becomes very succesful and without scandals, people can't believe someone like that exists. Of course Yuzuru it's not perfect and we don't see how he behaves off cameras, but to say that Everything he does is fake and planned it's just ridiculous. Just because we don't see him that doesn't mean he never gets mad, cries, etc. He is a human after all.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Interesting thing I spotted looking at his previous attempts to quad salchow and from practice videos...

He is landing without problem when he is entering it with lower speed. Every attempt that was fall, he was too fast on the entrance, but it is ok when he is slowing down just before the jump and focusing on the power to reach height .. :think:

Look here 0:14 from practice today:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1jilod_0325ネオ_sport

He slowed down before jump, and reached HUGE height :unsure: , easy

makaihime

Final Flight
Hello everyone!

Well honestly...he's been the same since he was 11-12 so.. :unsure: I mean unless your friends really think a kid could be so conniving and keep up the "act" for a decade, then sure why not? Borser and his Pooh might be in on it too :laugh: He could even be using his straight A student status just to keep that facade rolling :rolleye:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Interesting thing I spotted looking at his previous attempts to quad salchow and from practice videos...

He is landing without problem when he is entering it with lower speed. Every attempt that was fall, he was too fast on the entrance, but it is ok when he is slowing down just before the jump and focusing on the power to reach height .. :think:

Look here 0:14 from practice today:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1jilod_0325ネオ_sport

He slowed down before jump, and reached HUGE height :unsure: , easy

Thanks for the update :). I am praying that Yuzuru lands the quad salchow and finishes this "golden" season on a high note. For all his hard work, sacrifice, and dedication, he deserves such an ending. Come what may, I am just so proud of and happy for him for what he has already accomplished so far.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm sorry to have to tell you this... but your friends sound like mean-spirited, hateful people. They are SO wrong.

Have they seen Yuzuru's behaviour with their own eyes? Have they met Yuzuru? Have they spoken to him? I am willing to bet they have not, and they are making that stuff up for... I don't know, whatever reason suits them.

My wife and I HAVE seen Yuzuru many times. We also MET him - at Finlandia 2012. He was already becoming popular by then, but nowhere near as famous as now (you could tell by how few Japanese fans were there that year!). So he was quite "approachable" at that time... and several times we found him loitering in the hotel lobby, in the lift etc... goofing off with other skaters like Javier, Richard Dornbush and Kento Nakamura. We were able to say hello and chat a little, a couple of times. He really is a well-mannered, cheerful, and sincere young man.

He was clearly good friends with Javier, it's ridiculous to claim otherwise - hasn't everybody seen them clowning around together? We have seen how well he gets along with other skaters too, and has fun with them.

He put in a great deal of effort for his fans at that competition... and the following year at Finlandia 2013 - even though he was a lot more popular by then, and there were a lot more fans there. Basically, I could go on and on about what I have personally witnessed of his behaviour, but all I'll say is: He IS a great kid! I am confident that anybody who has seen/met Yuzuru in person will say the same. That image you see on TV? That IS him.

And I simply do not believe anybody could "fake it" so elaborately, every hour of every day, for so long...!
His father is a teacher, I do believe they taught him well. He is still a kid, after all, especially in Japan, when children and young aldults are more dependent on family than in Western country. I have no doubt that he is still a carefree kid at heart. Even some veterans like PChan, is still a young man after all. They have been practicing and training their whole life, how could they have time and strength to fake their feelings and expressions? That is just too much exhausting, isn't it? People are thinking too much.