Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 154 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
omg what is this 700+ pages thread :eek:

really looking forward for Yuzuru's Opera program! I wonder if he and Kana are using the same music?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm trying not to get my hopes up while looking forward to seeing the program, while at the same time dreading the costume and hoping it will not be terrible...and at this point my brain overloads and I look at some pictures of cats to make me feel calm. :biggrin:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I'm trying not to get my hopes up while looking forward to seeing the program, while at the same time dreading the costume and hoping it will not be terrible...and at this point my brain overloads and I look at some pictures of cats to make me feel calm. :biggrin:

I know how you feel. I will be flying to Shanghai on Friday morning and I am so excited! :eek::

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
I know how you feel. I will be flying to Shanghai on Friday morning and I am so excited! :eek::

I second! Fuji TV and J Sports were on airing Figure Skating competitions the whole afternoon today including the epic LP in WC this year, and it just reminded me of the excitement of watching it live! For me it's better than 10 ice shows, and I think I have a serious problem to control my excitement at work in the next 3 days before I fly to Shanghai.

BTW, I know at least 4 GSer are going. Maybe more than that?

alia jackson

Record Breaker

zeldaindisguise

Rinkside
Here is another description of Ballade 1 program I favorite.

"When I see Yuzu skate this piece with that light (in both color and material) outfit,
I can't help but see the image of a doll. Delicate, flowing, quiet...
A calm and almost lonely sort of emotion from a life-sized doll—
Then put into frenzy like a marionette tugged by the strings of music.
The beauty is in the details. "
By zeldaindisguise

It's only been a few months, but it feels like such a long time ago that I wrote that! I'm actually a bit touched that someone enjoys my description... My feelings toward the program still haven't changed and I'm still super excited to see the final version. Not to mention how I look forward to POTO because of the very fond memories I hold for the music.

I'm not posting very regularly on this forum... but you can bet I'll be here spazzing out with everyone else on the day of the competition! I'll be clutching my Pooh hand towel to try to transmit good luck vibes across the ocean to him. At least the week will seem to move quickly since I have a ton of projects/homework...

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Gabrielle Daleman
‏@gabby_daleman
Bye Toronto!!!! China here we come so excited lets do this @namnamnoodle #YuzuruHanyu

:yay:

Geo1

On the Ice
As Yuzuru commences a new season of competitive skating, my hope, wish and prayer for him is that he is in an excellent state of mind and physical health. That he has clean short and long programs in each of his competitions, successfully landing all of the scheduled jumps and completing all of the program elements. If he is able to do this, the scores will take care of themselves. And above all that he be protected from injury.

ayarose

On the Ice

So Nobu might have the cat's landing ability but Yuzu has the flexibility and cuteness of a cat? No wonder they get along so well. This made the day better.

As Yuzuru commences a new season of competitive skating, my hope, wish and prayer for him is that he is in an excellent state of mind and physical health. That he has clean short and long programs in each of his competitions, successfully landing all of the scheduled jumps and completing all of the program elements. If he is able to do this, the scores will take care of themselves. And above all that he be protected from injury.

Amen to that. I'll be wishing the same thing this weekend.

firal

Record Breaker
Always love it when Japanese TV program does a "simulation cartoon" of what the interviewee is saying; totally adds to the mental image of him banging into the wall. He also mentioned that he doesn't wake up until noon-ish and always just before he is getting ready to go.

Coach Orser sure is a busy man! Two students at this event and one to console(scold?:laugh:)back in Toronto. Curious as to what kind of things he said to Javi.

bibi1899

Rinkside
His mother thinks he is too talkative and speaks too much. When she couldn't stand, she will say "enough!" to him.
When he does the image training at night, he often hits the wall, making loud noise. His mother will come to him and say "what on earth are you doing now!"
He is really an annoying boy.....