Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 152 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Esopian

Final Flight
^ I would guess he always felt the pressure after he became the Olympic Champion, but I wouldn't worry too much. What could be the worst case scenario that can happen at CoC?

All fans want him to win and do well, but even if he doesn't win and does well ... we would all probably still be satisfied. Yuzu most likely already has a plan written out in his notebook about the possible scenarios of when he triples a quad jump, or etc. He seems like a very well planned and organized person.

Anyway, looking forward to the CoC next week! :clap:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yup. He doesn't have to worry about Zayaking if he triples the 4T. Like you said, it will be like last year's layout except he does 2 3Ts instead of 2 3Lz.
Wonder if Hanyu is feeling the pressure to deliver now that Machida and Mura won their GP assignments with great skates.
I think the pressure from Machida and Mura is not that much to compare with the amount of stress and pressure he had to cope up with during the Olympic season and especially at Saitama.
I remember he looked like he's about to faint before his SP there.

So I do believe he will do quite decently. Just worried about his body's condition. If he's healthy then no problem, but is he?

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Yup. He doesn't have to worry about Zayaking if he triples the 4T. Like you said, it will be like last year's layout except he does 2 3Ts instead of 2 3Lz.

Wonder if Hanyu is feeling the pressure to deliver now that Machida and Mura won their GP assignments with great skates.

I'm expecting him to not do so well to be perfectly honest. Apparently its a pattern with him to not have a good early start to the season, but none the less, I am expecting him to make it to GPF as usual ;)

And he has been feeling pressure ever since his WC bronze in '12. Especially in his home country and when he was up against Dai lol

Elaine666

Final Flight
The pressure is always on and somehow he could always find a way to handle that. It would be lying if I say I am not worried about his body condition or the layout of the program, even the costume(god every season), but after the whole dramatic OG season, I figured there is no way to comfort myself but to trust him. I will just wait to see the magic moment.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
The pressure is always on and somehow he could always find a way to handle that. It would be lying if I say I am not worried about his body condition or the layout of the program, even the costume(god every season), but after the whole dramatic OG season, I figured there is no way to comfort myself but to trust him. I will just wait to see the magic moment.

Well said! :agree:

Sparklyskating10

Spectator
Aw, I made that Hall of fame video :) Thank you so much for posting it, Maria Victoria, I'm so happy you guys liked it.

I've been lurking here for months, but I've never posted before. I'm Ana and I'm from Bucharest, Romania. I'm 26 so I guess I'm pretty much a yuzuntie (or Yuzu auntie? :) ).

I always love reading what you guys write, it's touching to see how much Yuzu is loved.

Hi Whateverhime, I recognized your tag from youtube videos of Yuzu. Just wanted to say thanks for making and sharing them. I loved watching all of them. This is my first time posting as well.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Another translation by user Yude from other forum

Orser said,

Winning at the Olympics and being the Olympic Champion has motivated Yuzuru. Yuzuru has been working on his new programs positively and nothing has done yet on his mind. Yuzuru has been skating at very high level for these three years, but he is very young, he(Brian) wants Yuzuru to explore the creative side from now on. About new SP, it is totally opposite direction from PW, and it is another masterpiece which can show Yuzuru's other point of beauty. Yuzuru wants to keep challenging himself, he is a skater who has the best technic at the present but he still wants to challenge. That's the champion's attitude. Having one more 4T in the second half of the program is the most challenging. Yuzuru had been trying to do 4T in the finale of the ice shows this summer where he must have been exhausted. It could have been exciting to the viewers, but in fact, he had been trying to prove if he actually could do it.

Rinkside
He only really has to remember to only do two 2t for combo. Ie 3a2t and 2t on another jump. Thats pretty easy since hes doing loop sal combo.
If he accidently does 3t3t , then he just has to go through rest of program as planned.
Actually last season was more tricky, if he tripled 4t then, and forgot and did 3a3t, he would have had to change last lutz to 2a. Same for 4s if he didnt take out the loopsal combo and to 2t 2t instead. This season is more tricky, if he triples 4s since he cant repeat 2t more than twice to do that. He has to leave out the loop sal combo and do lo combo or a 2t instead(and remembering only two 2ts, ie if he only does 3a2t and 4t2t he has to do 3t (third times the charm?)or 1lo). Or he can leave the combo on the table like artur had to do. He could also replace one 4t or 3a with 2a but thats unlikely

Eta this is assuming he plans 4t3t if he can, then 3a2t or if he cant then 4t2t 3a3t
And assuming he cant 2Lo
Tldr 4s tripling is probably more of a problem than 4 tripling. Doubling 4t he just has to make sure to get a 3t off somewhere.
Omg this all so confusing! 😑 how do skaters remember all these rules under all that pressure??

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Another translation by user Yude from other forum

Orser said,...Yuzuru had been trying to do 4T in the finale of the ice shows this summer where he must have been exhausted. It could have been exciting to the viewers, but in fact, he had been trying to prove if he actually could do it.

Thanks HanDomi and yude. Confirms that those ice shows also serve as a "practice" for Yuzuru.

Echoing Newbiespectator's welcome to Elaine666 and Sparklyskating10. We will all have fun cheering for Yuzuru together.:)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Another translation from Yude :clap:

post #4

Bourne said,

At the time around the Worlds in March, Bourne received e-mail from Orser saying "Yuzuru wants to do "Phantom of the Opera", could you choreograph his free program?", she of course answered "Sure". She and Yuzuru could only have four days at the first meeting, but she had really fun working with Yuzuru who was fully talented, he was the true champion. She aimed for the original arrangement of the music which didn't resemble any other POTO, she liked the finished piece. Her primary concern was to be careful not to get rid of Yuzuru's congenital lightness. He is light as feather and beautiful. However, she thought she needed to put gravity on as for this program. She hopes that Yuzuru will be able to draw more mature side and quiet side from his inside, and that he'll be able to skate with being a litte relaxed or stopping moves and giving an extra timing, which enables him to skate more dynamically. The program highlights the strength and manliness, but it also includes the silence, control, power, to be able to being himself on the ice. She was shocked to hear Yuzuru was plannning to have three quads, but the surprise was gone right away because she knew that he always wanted to try going forward.

HanDomi

Record Breaker