Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 276 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Alba

Record Breaker
The spanish ladies were very happy to. I think poor Paloma had lost her voice with Javi. :laugh:

They said after the second lutz? This the best version of the Olympic Champion (well, I think there is room for improvement. Alone, on the planet he owns.:laugh2:) ), and World Champion which is going to win the GPF as well. He is extraordinary, beautiful, precious and on, and on and on. :love:

SuzyQ

Medalist
little Yuzu surely grew up and now he IS a Sempai of those Kouhai skaters :laugh: Impressive!!

:agree:

This is Kanako's tweet:

https://twitter.com/yuzupooh_/status/484356229142040576/photo/1

"Hanyu-kun surely looks a big brother here. Very new to me.

After all, Shoma is younger _:)3」∠)_ (what's this?)

He is the youngest in Team Japan top group, and also in the Cricket Club, the impression I usually get is; being teased or cared by Javi, rather than teaching Nam (LOL)"

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Lindacrow

Final Flight
I am sure they will be the most boring commentaries of all (unless it’s Nobu or Akiko) :laugh2:

from 00:17-00:22 in this video you can hear the Japanese commentators. Doesn't sound like Nobu and Akiko though :frown: but these commentators sound pretty estatic from these 5 seconds and should be after Yuzu's steller skate! :clap:

Last edited:

staccato

Rinkside
I am so happy, so happy, so happy for Yuzuru! I decided to sleep instead of watching the free skate, as I was really jittery after the Ladies' FS. My heart felt that it could not handle having to sit through the program and wait for the results, so I thought that the blow would be softened somewhat. But I needn't have worried after all. Yuzuru was just magnificent out there. I had a feeling he'd land most everything, with maybe the lutzes being a bit suspect, but I definitely wasn't prepared for the 4S. Such a beautiful running edge coming out of it, it's almost as gorgeous as his 4T! And, of course, the 3A combos are just as effortless as ever. I swear there are very few men who can execute such wonderful 3A combos with difficult entries and exits. Biellmann seemed a bit strained, but I'm hoping that means his back pain has eased up a bit. All his other jumps seemed to come out of nowhere, too -- he was just throwing them out so casually, like change from his pocket, that I knew he'd run out of a bit of the energy needed for that last 3Lz. Shame, but it was an otherwise solid skate. I do think that he contained his energy in order to execute the difficult elements of the program, so he wasn't projecting as much, and I prefer his StSq yesterday -- but he gave it his best, he did it, went there and claimed the highest TES. He really is in a league of his own.

Of course, the best thing to come out of this entire performance was his smile and his joy. He's blooming. Maybe someone special? HAHAHA I'm kidding. But really, it was nice to see the smiles after the falls, the efforts, the light-heartedness after. It's nice to hear him not beating himself up so much, to hear him say "almost perfect" instead of "I'm sorry, I was frustrated, my ability is lacking." His love for skating just shows. Honestly, if this could be his mindset for all the competitions to come, I would be very happy and content, no matter what his placement and score may be. Love the hugs with Brian, nice to see Yuzuru be the one to initiate it! For the past competitions, Yuzuru has been a bit of a lone wolf, but the openness with which he embraces Brian moves me. Also, though I am sad about Tatsuki, I really do like the men on the podium and how they all get along. Enjoyed the bromance, the hugs, the congratulations, the smiles on their faces.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot to mention the Ina Bauer! I got chills from watching it, it's so lovely. :cheer2:

Now, I'm curious to see what EX Yuzuru brings to the Gala, and what exactly that blue costume at NHK was for. :cheer2:

Last edited:

yhmafan

Medalist

This is Kanako's tweet:

He is the youngest in Team Japan top group, and also in the Cricket Club, the impression I usually get is; being teased or cared by Javi, rather than teaching Nam (LOL)"

Cute picture :yay: the Cricket boys forever hehe

from 00:17-00:22 in this video you can hear the Japanese commentators. Doesn't sound like Nobu and Akiko though :frown: but these commentators sound pretty estatic from these 5 seconds and should be after Yuzu's steller skate! :clap:

It doesn't work for me, but thanks :D

won0066

On the Ice
it will be broadcast in the evening...and links will be posted here no doubt.

I have a REQUEST...I'd LOVE to hear what the other commentators in Europe said about Hanyu's skate. If anyone could translate Raisport or other channel's commentary I'd be so grateful.
When the Japanese broadcast is out, I'd be happy to translate it to English. That is, if someone doesn't do it first.

Thanks so much in advance.

Just fyi...both CBC and NBC are not showing GPF footage until next weekend...why the week delay, who knows...but you wont get those for another week....

Rinkside

This is Kanako's tweet:

thank you for the translation! LOL thats not Kanako though...
Its a fan with the same name.

This is kanako's real twitter:
https://twitter.com/canyanpy1107

chezzu

On the Ice
little Yuzu surely grew up and now he IS a Sempai of those Kouhai skaters :laugh: Impressive!!

Time is SO FAST!! (And I'm like, his age so I'm feeling old right now lol.) I remember watching JW champ Yuzu and thinking that he was good, but not exactly special (I admit I was/am a BIG Kozuka fan), and that surely he wasn't going to challenge Dai and Kozuka and Oda... and now... :cry: He's grown up so much, he's gotten so much better at figure skating, he really is the best in the world right now. And now he's 20, no longer little Yuzu, now he's the senpai to all his amazing little kouhais.

I hope he continues to love the sport, spread the love of FS to others, and most importantly, I hope he stays humble despite all he's achieved. It really was so great seeing his youthful exuberance come back for this competition. That I think was my favorite part of the GPF.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Just dropping by to say a BIG congratulations to the man of the hour! What a huge comeback :hb::points: I hope he keeps this feeling in mind during future competitions and stays in his good place. The kid has been through so much and achieve all that he achieved while still being barely 20! (Happy belated B-day btw :dance:) And he's still growing and improving everyday. I look forward to the next four years and watching him progress.

sajoya

On the Ice
EDIT: After the press conference of SP, there was a significant crowd outside the hall waiting. A staff member approached him and said, "There is a secret passageway. Would you like to use it?"
Yuzuru shouted "Oh, this is just like NARUTO !!" So cute. :laugh2:

He had me at "Naruto". I love him even more now. (By any chance, is there a video of him saying that? I want to watch it :laugh:)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Is there a video out there of Yuzuru in the kiss and cry when he put that weird red hat thingy on Orser's head? I was *ROTFL*. I loved seeing him so happy to do that to his coach!

Edit: just recorded the tve Spanish telly segment, but it was all about Javier. ;-) Not sure they even mentioned Yuzuru by name, lol, they definitely didn't show him.

When I'm home again I will try and tell you about the Dutch commentators's comments on Yuzu's skating.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Is there a video out there of Yuzuru in the kiss and cry when he put that weird red hat thingy on Orser's head? I was *ROTFL*. I loved seeing him so happy to do that to his coach!
Oh really? After the SP or the LP? Do you mind telling me more details?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Oh really? After the SP or the LP? Do you mind telling me more details?
After the LP, in the kiss 'n cry, Yuzuru had gotten what looked like a small sparkly red hat, like a party hat? and kept trying to put it on Orser's head. It didn't stick, also not sure Orser liked it as much as Yuzuru did, lol.

Lindacrow

Final Flight
My mobile device keeps showing me Yuzuru pictures, but not that one. I'll look up the link again when I have access to a proper computer again. Thanks for sharing, in advance!

Is this one better? Its a photo set, the one with the hat is third from the top.:confused:

Last edited:

Esopian

Final Flight
I don't think I'll ever stop celebrating for Yuzu's win at the GPF this year! :yay: It was just amazing to watch both programs, and his friendship with Javier really adds to their great sportsmanship. Can't wait for what they have in store for the gala!