Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 277 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

channah

Rinkside
from 00:17-00:22 in this video you can hear the Japanese commentators. Doesn't sound like Nobu and Akiko though :frown: but these commentators sound pretty estatic from these 5 seconds and should be after Yuzu's steller skate! :clap:

One of the commentators for the Japanese feed is Sano Minoru.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoru_Sano

He is an ex-skater himself and often does the commentary for the Japanese audiences.
He is regarded as an expert on the sport and is often on TV talking about the skaters.
I don't know who the other guy is - sorry.
If I catch is name when I re-watch I'll let you know.

Last edited:

Lindacrow

Final Flight
One of the commentators for the Japanese feed is Sano Minoru.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoru_Sano

He is an ex-skater himself and often does the commentary for the Japanese audiences.
He is regarded as an expert on the sport and is often on TV talking about the skaters.
I don't know who the other guy is - sorry.
If I catch is name when I re-watch I'll let you know.

Oh thanks! I didn't know that guy was a retired skater! I've only seen him commentate and interview so far. :agree:

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I made recordings of two different short sports segments on tve, as a memory of this week. Yuzuru was at least mentioned by name in the second, lol, but it's all about Javi. ;-)
Gala in two hours, yay!!! Cannot wait to see Hanyu again, I hope last night's happiness is still there on his face, sigh

Warwick360

Medalist
I made recordings of two different short sports segments on tve, as a memory of this week. Yuzuru was at least mentioned by name in the second, lol, but it's all about Javi. ;-)
Gala in two hours, yay!!! Cannot wait to see Hanyu again, I hope last night's happiness is still there on his face, sigh

Has someone here got the link for the live gala? Unfortunately Eurosport is only going to show a taped recording. :/

HanDomi

Record Breaker
From icenetwork quoting Yuzuru:

"I felt really happy to skate here today. I'm not fully recovered yet, but I did it and it was almost perfect," Hanyu said. "I still need to add a quad toe in the second half of my program, but for tonight, I'm really happy. I also managed to make full use of my body, and I owe this to my team, with the energy from my fans. I want to thank them tonight."

I am afraid he will comeback to 3 quads idea for Worlds :drama:
But If he will skate with such confidence like yesterday I have no doubt he can do it

Last edited:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Omg...it was just amazing. Like the British commentators said...inspirational. After a difficult start of the season, he's smiling again.
That 4S :love:

(to quote some of you after Sochi) Long live the kid!

Warwick360

Medalist
Has anyone got another link to Gala? The ISU doesn't seem to work on mine, after waiting for two hours of it's countdown. :laugh:

roxella

On the Ice
Has anyone got another link to Gala? The ISU doesn't seem to work on mine, after waiting for two hours of it's countdown. :laugh:
I am looking for the same thing,but I guess ISU channel is the only one broadcasting live the gala...unfortunately :bang:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was SO happy yesterday!!!! I was yelling and dancing in my room like crazy and singing parts of "Happy" and "Ready to Run" on repeat lol.