Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 531 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
hello! :) this is actually my first time posting...i just had to come out of my cave cause what yuzuru did today was so admirable...he fought so well and even though he didn't win i'm still so proud of him and so thankful for all his efforts despite all his hardships...he also showed really great sportsmanship as he was genuinely happy for javi..i really love their relationship! i just hope he has a long rest after that and comes back even stronger next season because i'm sure todays defeat has awakened his fighting spirit even more! congrats to javi again! ^^
welcome to the crazy house :yay: take a chair and get comfy

Elaine666

Final Flight
Oh my goodness! Why would the Japanese press blame him for this? It's nobody's fault, if they were to blame someone, it'd be luck....

If Machida was competiting, the three spots might still be intact though.... such a pity! (sorry i didn't mean anything, I just thought that it was a pity that Machida had to retire right before the season ends....)

You know about press. But actually, I was quite impressed by JSF this time for trying to give yuzu a fair public environment.

annca

On the Ice
Still feeling kind of bittersweet about today. Javi was great and im happy that he won and that it was him that won over yuzuru but im feeling a bit sad about yuzuru knowing that he wanted to skate perfectly for his free program but was not able to.

I want him to know that what he had shown us was enough and that he did so so much better than what i expected after undergoing so many trials this season. I hope he wont beat himself up on what happened and thank you for the wonderful performances especially the short program! Sublime!

YUZU! I am very proud of you!

Now please take a nice rest that has been long overdue!

ahkeekee

Medalist
You know about press. But actually, I was quite impressed by JSF this time for trying to give yuzu a fair public environment.

I'll just wish that he doesn't watch or read the news if that truly happens.... he's putting responsibilities on himself enough already and stop pressurizing him please!!!
But actually (sorry if it sounds offensive), if he had won back-to-back gold medals, I'm afraid JSF won't ever let him go and make him attend lots of ice shows (since obviously his popularity will soar even higher...) :drama::slink:

Anyway, all the best for him for the years to come~:cheer:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Well, Javi said in his interview that Yuzu cried for him (out of happiness, it was implied).

I like this version better... :laugh: Isn't it a great thing that there's every reason to believe that the "loser" was genuinely happy for the winner? The way Yuzuru was nodding at his score and then shouted before Javi's skate was all, "all right Javi, I f****d up so you go there and take it!" Aww.

Elaine666

Final Flight
I'll just wish that he doesn't watch or read the news if that truly happens.... he's putting responsibilities on himself enough already and stop pressurizing him please!!!
But actually (sorry if it sounds offensive), if he had won back-to-back gold medals, I'm afraid JSF won't ever let him go and make him attend lots of ice shows (since obviously his popularity will soar even higher...) :drama::slink:

Anyway, all the best for him for the years to come~:cheer:

Somehow I feel relieved for yuzu now.