Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 532 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Seeing him holding back tears on podium makes me sad. Honestly, I am not happy bc he is not happy.

mmm it's normal to be sad after not doing as you expected or wanted, but that doesn't mean you can't be happy at the same time for the person who won, Yuzuru is a great athlete and he knows that :)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Congratulations Yuzuru on your silver medal! After all the struggles this season, for me it is as good as gold. Now rest and get recharged for next season.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'll just wish that he doesn't watch or read the news if that truly happens.... he's putting responsibilities on himself enough already and stop pressurizing him please!!!
But actually (sorry if it sounds offensive), if he had won back-to-back gold medals, I'm afraid JSF won't ever let him go and make him attend lots of ice shows (since obviously his popularity will soar even higher...) :drama::slink:
Anyway, all the best for him for the years to come~:cheer:
Take my word: JSF will not care for Yuzuru now that he is unhealthy so often and could not win another god back to back for them. They will push young stars.

Yuzuru is on his own from now on.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Seeing him holding back tears on podium makes me sad. Honestly, I am not happy bc he is not happy.

Its probably easier for him to swallow since its Javi who won, but the pressure he puts on himself (and the media puts on him) is insane. Seriously hurts my heart to see him like that. I hope someone tells him what he did out there was already amazing and its okay.

He might be more upset about losing the 3 spots than the gold.....he was so heartbroken in 2013 over the possibility of it and this time it happened. Its not his fault at all, you can't expect someone to always win Gold. He more than did his part .....unfortunately luck was not on Japans side this time around.

ahkeekee

Medalist

I guess he's feeling very complicated at that time, on one hand his best friend won a gold medal (which he is happy for), on the other hand, he himself skated far from perfect (and that obviously frustrated him a lot)..... but in general, he was matured enough to handle his emotions, hope he'll cheer up since he's really achieved a lot considering his imperfect health and training conditions coming into worlds. I kinda feel unhappy at first, but I had the feeling that if he could overcome his frustration in NHK this year and achieve so much in GPF and Nats later, I believe he'd be able to overcome his frustration this time around and train (carefully and patiently) for the coming seasons! (sorry for the long post)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Take my word: JSF will not care for Yuzuru now that he is unhealthy so often and could not win another god back to back for them.
Is winning Gods a Shinto thing? Do Gods skate?

(I know it was a typo but I couldn't resist ;) forgive me)

Caustica

Final Flight
Its probably easier for him to swallow since its Javi who won, but the pressure he puts on himself (and the media puts on him) is insane. Seriously hurts my heart to see him like that. I hope someone tells him what he did out there was already amazing and its okay.

He might be more upset about losing the 3 spots than the gold.....he was so heartbroken in 2013 over the possibility of it and this time it happened. Its not his fault at all, you can't expect someone to always win Gold. He more than did his part .....unfortunately luck was not on Japans side this time around.

Yeah, it was really rotten luck. Kozuka's 222 would have gotten 11th place at last year's Worlds. :(

Elaine666

Final Flight
Take my word: JSF will not care for Yuzuru now that he is unhealthy so often and could not win another god back to back for them. They will push young stars.

Yuzuru is on his own from now on.

So I guess he does not have to go to too many ice shows this off season? Which would be great!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
My wishes for next season:

1) New LP by Buttle
2) Keep Chopin
3 ) Take rest
4) Get rid of quad salchow for quad loop :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
So I guess he does not have to go to too many ice shows this off season? Which would be great!
No, he will have to go through 50 ice shows like every years, but I am afraid JSF will not care a bit about his health and training schedule unless he says NO.
JSF has young stars, healthier and more obedient to push.

Lambari

Final Flight
I couldn't ask for a better result giving Yuzuru's current condition. And I hope I doesn't sound crazy but doesn't this performance looks absolutely better than any FP he did his season?

I'll try to explain with I think so. I mean, I admit I never really liked too much or loved his free program during the whole season because despite the jumps everything else and how he represents always make such a huge impact for me when I decide if I like something or not and I never felt it was quite there as a program. At GPF I was very pleased that he landed almost everything and was very fired up, won rightfully and etc but I couldn't bring myself to like his free program. I thought there was skating quality, beautiful jumps, but he wasn't really into the music or making it feel right, or to better put it, the music was there but it was a bit forced the performance, I agree with the people that thought it was empty. My opinion was that the performance was more about him winning and landing all things, doing the rest just for the sake of doing it and that's it. He was too focused and waved out most of the choreography. (don't kill me!) Still brilliant but something was missing. Not to say that the performance today was flawless because obviously it wasn't, but he was much more poised during step and choreo sequence, he was more in control and didn't waved everything else, there was some good arm movements after the jumps and I got the a bit of the 'wow' feeling and impression that I usually get lots from Chopin sp, there was some of that command from him at the performance, not counting the jumps. I can watch peacefully and not pick on too much at the details he's usually leaving behind at free skates. There was some elegance there, well as much as it is possible since he was skating to POTO :laugh: I feel the program finally came together a bit and I hope i'm not seeing things... I gotta love peak Hanyu

As for Javi I was screaming and jumping in my seat for him to do great, and I sighted in relief that Yuzuru didn't win worlds with a flawed performance and no clean quad landed. I mean, Yuzuru is still first in my heart even if he fails all his jumps (not at the competition but as my preference) but goddam imagine the backlash, I wouldn't wish such nuisance for Yuzuru, no one deserves titles like this and it can mess up a skater's mind. Judges you got it right and Javier won fair and square. :agree: