Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 740 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Here's a fancam version of the Pooh Rain :biggrin: I also remember seeing a picture of all the poohs/items that didn't make it onto the rink :laugh:

All shows tickets that Yuzu participates are sold out.
Addtioanl tickets for FaOI makuhari, DOI are sold out in minutes. The most crazy one is FaOI Kobe sold out in seconds....
All tickets selling websites crashed down at the 1st second.
As my personal experience, compared to last year, it is more difficult to get tickets this year. Anyway, every fan looks forward to seeing him.
Thanks for the update! :cheer:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I finished the hat! There are some big loops from the floats in the back because I misjudged on how big I needed to make the floats so the hat won't be too small to fit his head. Plus the black yarn I used was pretty crinkly because I knitted it into a rectangle so I would know how how much I had left and I joined in more black yarn that was even more crinkly due to the fact that I was making a hat with hit and abandoned it for about 2 1/2 years and then used it so I could finish the hat due to that the first amount of black yarn I had wasn't enough for what I needed to make. So I'm kind of worried that he might get his fingers caught in it. So I'll write in a not warning him about it. And also there are some blips of black showing up on the outside of the hat from carrying floats and I still can't figure out how to avoid the blips.

And also I'm going to have to tell him in some way that he CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES wash it in the washing machine and dry it in the dryer. None of it. Hand wash and lay flat to dry only because the yarn I used was nonsuperwash wool. Superwash wool is wool that has been treated in a way that will make it machine washable and dryable. However the yarn I used is not. Which means if it goes into the washing machine and dryer, it will felt. Felting is when the project will shrink, get stiff, get thick, and the stitch definition will go away. Which we don't want to happen.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
All shows tickets that Yuzu participates are sold out.
Addtioanl tickets for FaOI makuhari, DOI are sold out in minutes. The most crazy one is FaOI Kobe sold out in seconds....
All tickets selling websites crashed down at the 1st second.
As my personal experience, compared to last year, it is more difficult to get tickets this year. Anyway, every fan looks forward to seeing him.

Looks like cut in back in the number of shows was a good commercial idea.

Anyway, haven´t seem this one here before. Yuzuru´s customised AK240 Gold.
Yuzu customised a music player with Astelle & Kern, AK240 GOLD Yuzuru Hanyu edition, which “looks so cool”(quoting his words in the interview). Obviously it’s gold and with the quote “Challenge, Evolve, and Gratitude with All my HEART”. He said because it is something that he always carry with him, he wants to have a constant reminder of what he finds important carved on it.

From the sound of it, it seems to be a very good player with fantastic sound that has “layers” to it and not too heavy weight (185g). (…I’m really not an expert)

For those who are interested, it’s around ¥266,000*

*thats like $2190/£1410.

Go Yuzu.

Lambari

Final Flight
Did anyone post this here yet? (Sorry if it was) Their reaction is very funny, they don't comment much on the performance itself and it seemed that they didn't notice the tripled quad but the selfie time is lols :laugh:

Terrapin

On the Ice
Did anyone post this here yet? (Sorry if it was) Their reaction is very funny, they don't comment much on the performance itself and it seemed that they didn't notice the tripled quad but the selfie time is lols :laugh:

This was hilarious! Thanks for sharing :popcorn:
And the worse thing is that I was kind of fangirling with them ^^ Like 'yeah, exactly, you're completely right!' ^^

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
i think he can and repoters would be understanding of his situation, i am sure they know him and his personality and he wouldnt say no if he doesnt have to
btw, some of you might saw it already but there is english subbed version of the documentary, thanks to the kind users who posted/translated it :cheer:

Thanks for that link. There are two other parts to this documentary, right? Are they also subbed in English somewhere? :confused:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Thanks for that link. There are two other parts to this documentary, right? Are they also subbed in English somewhere? :confused:

when i 1st started searching for videos of yuzu, i 1st saw viet subbed version of this documentary in 3 parts of 15 mins and this one is 44 mins so i think this one is the whole documentary, maybe you remember the viet subbed one being 3 parts?

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I finished the hat! There are some big loops from the floats in the back because I misjudged on how big I needed to make the floats so the hat won't be too small to fit his head. Plus the black yarn I used was pretty crinkly because I knitted it into a rectangle so I would know how how much I had left and I joined in more black yarn that was even more crinkly due to the fact that I was making a hat with hit and abandoned it for about 2 1/2 years and then used it so I could finish the hat due to that the first amount of black yarn I had wasn't enough for what I needed to make. So I'm kind of worried that he might get his fingers caught in it. So I'll write in a not warning him about it. And also there are some blips of black showing up on the outside of the hat from carrying floats and I still can't figure out how to avoid the blips.

And also I'm going to have to tell him in some way that he CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES wash it in the washing machine and dry it in the dryer. None of it. Hand wash and lay flat to dry only because the yarn I used was nonsuperwash wool. Superwash wool is wool that has been treated in a way that will make it machine washable and dryable. However the yarn I used is not. Which means if it goes into the washing machine and dryer, it will felt. Felting is when the project will shrink, get stiff, get thick, and the stitch definition will go away. Which we don't want to happen.

Wow! I'm looking forward to it since you had us watch your ongoing work for the hat a few weeks ago. The hat is made of your love for yuzu, considerable amount of time, etc...I can imagine how he will be happy to open your present box. He will truly feel how dreadfully he is adored by his fans...
And yuzu should never wash it in a washing machine or dry it with a dryer if you emphasize it in your letter!

Last edited:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
when i 1st started searching for videos of yuzu, i 1st saw viet subbed version of this documentary in 3 parts of 15 mins and this one is 44 mins so i think this one is the whole documentary, maybe you remember the viet subbed one being 3 parts?

That must be it! Thanks for finding the one with English subtitles. It makes it so much more enjoyable to know what they're saying!

ahkeekee

Medalist

Congratulations for finishing the hat!! I think there's ano address you can send your gift to I think if it's impossible for you to meet him in person like in shows or competition! Aaaah, I wish he'd.like the hat you've made and wear it and remain warm in cold winters :)

Yea, I'm sure if you write in block letters or something not to wash it in washing machines and dry it in dryers, I'm sure yuzu (or his mum) will certainly follow suite, he's a clever guy and I'm sure he knows the importance of following instructions:biggrin: especially when it comes to a pooh-san-related thing?

bibi1899

Rinkside
Anyway, haven´t seem this one here before. Yuzuru´s customised AK240 Gold.

this AK24 is gift from the magazine "GETNAVI", who customized the player for Yuzu as a topic project of magazine . When Yuzu received the gift, he was really excited and said "it was really cool!" He also share a lots of opinions about the earphones which may suit the player or he wants to try some day. Anyway, he was happy about the whole project.

won0066

On the Ice
Here is a link to my latest blog entry. When we watch Yuzu's programs (competitive and ice shows), they are usually under 5 minutes. It's easy to forget that it has taken years and years of hard work to get there. I compiled a few of my favourite "fall" pictures that remind me how hard it is to get there….but Yuzu keeps getting back up again and again. Never quit!!

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/yuzuru-hanyu-hard-work-and-spectacular-falls/

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Fangirl full mode when Yuzuru land 3A at WC SP: https://youtu.be/MQN9YkJaEN8
Credit to the uploader. :yay:

Oh that's just adorable how the flower girls were clapping and jumping up and down and then ducking out of sight behind the boards. Yuzuru is indeed popular with little girls. ;) Thanks for sharing.

Here 's the entire video where that clip was taken, which shows Yuzuru's speed and flow across the ice.

I finished the hat!

Congratulations! I hope you can post here a picture of the hat unless of course you want Yuzuru to see it first.

And speaking of fan art of Yuzuru, this was recently uploaded to youtube. Beautiful illustrations. Re the last illustration, I was wondering whether the water drops on Yuzuru's hair were sweat drops as we all know how much Yuzuru sweats after every performance, and there were none on his face and neck because he had wiped them off...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations for finishing the hat!! I think there's ano address you can send your gift to I think if it's impossible for you to meet him in person like in shows or competition! Aaaah, I wish he'd.like the hat you've made and wear it and remain warm in cold winters :)

Yea, I'm sure if you write in block letters or something not to wash it in washing machines and dry it in dryers, I'm sure yuzu (or his mum) will certainly follow suite, he's a clever guy and I'm sure he knows the importance of following instructions:biggrin: especially when it comes to a pooh-san-related thing?

First I'll wait until June 15 to see if he's going to do Skate America or not. If yes, I'll throw it on the ice or give it to him directly (If I happen to go to a practice session which I think isn't exactly likely).

If not, then I'll find some way to send it. By the way, do any of you want me to show you guys any pictures?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh that's just adorable how the flower girls were clapping and jumping up and down and then ducking out of sight behind the boards. Yuzuru is indeed popular with little girls. ;) Thanks for sharing.

Here 's the entire video where that clip was taken, which shows Yuzuru's speed and flow across the ice.

Congratulations! I hope you can post here a picture of the hat unless of course you want Yuzuru to see it first.

And speaking of fan art of Yuzuru, this was recently uploaded to youtube. Beautiful illustrations. Re the last illustration, I was wondering whether the water drops on Yuzuru's hair were sweat drops as we all know how much Yuzuru sweats after every performance, and there were none on his face and neck because he had wiped them off...

http://imgur.com/a/gJec6

Here's moer pics!