Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 741 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

padme21

On the Ice
Still crossing my fingers. Hoping that Hanyu will pick Skate America! We love you over here in the US Yuzu!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Here is a link to my latest blog entry. When we watch Yuzu's programs (competitive and ice shows), they are usually under 5 minutes. It's easy to forget that it has taken years and years of hard work to get there. I compiled a few of my favourite "fall" pictures that remind me how hard it is to get there….but Yuzu keeps getting back up again and again. Never quit!!

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/yuzuru-hanyu-hard-work-and-spectacular-falls/

Thank you for this and your other blog entries and for continuously updating your blog about Yuzuru. Yes, Yuzuru does have the most spectacular and also heartbreaking falls (CoC 2014 was just :cry:). Falls of course are inevitable in this sport, and I pray that he be spared from the brutal ones that may keep him off the ice for a considerable amount of time. I also pray that he always takes good care of himself and that the members of his team do too,

Thank you for posting. It's beautiful, and I hope you will be able to personally hand it to Yuzuru. :)

Last edited:

yhmafan

Medalist
Here is a link to my latest blog entry. When we watch Yuzu's programs (competitive and ice shows), they are usually under 5 minutes. It's easy to forget that it has taken years and years of hard work to get there. I compiled a few of my favourite "fall" pictures that remind me how hard it is to get there….but Yuzu keeps getting back up again and again. Never quit!!

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/yuzuru-hanyu-hard-work-and-spectacular-falls/

Great! I think that your blog has become well known among Japanese fans since when certain webmaster of famous Yuzuru fan blog introduced it as one of awesome blog about him recently. :cool:

As always, I am impressed how creative and tlanted Yuzuru fans are (also seeing some fanarts that Alia and Maria have kindly linked.)

won0066

On the Ice
Great! I think that your blog has become well known among Japanese fans since when certain webmaster of famous Yuzuru fan blog introduced it as one of awesome blog about him recently. :cool:

.)

Wow, thank you for letting me know!! I appreciate it!! I wish I could read/write in Japanese, but I will have to stick with English for now. 😄

yhmafan

Medalist
Thank yhmafan for your comment! I have the same feelings with you. I know how much he has struggled with the incredible high language barrier between English and Japanese just like most Japanese (and me... I have a long long way to go..yeah, pronunciation is a biggest part…:hopelessness:). Not to mention speaking, writing is the same to me. I've not got conficence. (I’m always worried if I can convey the nuance well. You are good at writing. If I write something wrong, would you please tell me?::p) .

On the other side, studying foreign language gives me a joy to make progress little by little (very slow..). Yes, it’s fun and refreshing talking with people around the world about yuzu or figure skating! What’s more, it’s inspirational experience.

Yes, yuzu is getting better and better! (Of course you are, as long as you are keeping an effort! Let’s enjoy study together :dance:)

For me reading and writing English are much easier than speaking and hearing it, I can hardly understand what they say when/if native English speaker speaks it in normal speed. hehe. anyway, thanks goodness internet translate will forever be my friend. :biggrin:
As long as we continue to try studying it our efforts will never go unrewarded. :rock:

Last edited:

kiches

Final Flight
I wonder when Yuzu got the gold AK240, in one of the magazines he's pictured listening to an AK player but I think there were pictures of him with his ipod as well in the World Championships. Either way that is one fancy music player, he really is an audiophile.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Yuzuru´s customised AK240 Gold.
this AK24 is gift from the magazine "GETNAVI", who customized the player for Yuzu as a topic project of magazine.
I believed these are photos of from GetNavi with the customized AK240.

@Cheerknithanson, you've put a lot of love in the making of the hat :clap:

Thanks all for the links, really enjoyed them :agree:. And I'm loving the reaction of the ladies watching Yuzu's WTT LP...."Look at that gorgeous face!" :biggrin:

Last edited:

SuzyQ

Medalist

He did not fear of falling from the very first time getting on the ice. His first coach said so in an article. Most of children who get on the ice for the first time start crying from fear, or cannot take their hands off from the rink side bar. But Yuzuru just dashed on the ice, and of course he fell, but got up and laughed, and dashed again and fell again. He never feared, just enjoying the skating.

He was born to be a skater. That's for sure. Thank God, his sister started learning skating.

Fans keep saying his falls should get GOE+3 :biggrin:

"A bambi falling and getting up again."

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14636952

(I could not find this video on other video sites, but only on Nico Nico Douga.)

Hoping no injury, but I think his flexibility is preventing from being hurt. I only hope he would not overwork himself.

Last edited:

Lysambre

Final Flight

Love the new blog, and particularly the way you decided to go with the funny sort of falls :agree:

@Cheerknithanson congrats on finishing the hat!