Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 750 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Wow, thanks guys for uploding a lot of images or videos!I need some time to see!

It looks like that pose/photo even made it into Yahoo news :laugh2:. The article talked about the photo and fans (in social media) are screaming in delights and wish they are in the place of Oda...fantasizing etc. Did I deciphered the google translation correctly :slink:? or if someone could summarise the news better thanks.

fun,,it's a bit interesting article, whichi is about a pisture of Meoima's post above.

First, the definition of what's called "kabedon” which is kind of situation or motion is here. They performed it in this picture.

The quate describes the meaning of "Kabedon" here is as follows:
In terms of love affairs---In Japan, Kabe-Don mainly appears in plots of the girls’ manga or anime when a man forces the woman against the wall; at the same time, his hand slaps the wall and surrounds the woman, leaving her completely nowhere to go, and this has become popular nowadays as a “clever move of confession”.”

You know, it’s a kind of fantasy or something in a virtual world like manga or drama. A Girl is dreaming about be done “Kabedon” by a boy. It’s the situation went popular in Japan. Here is a general image of Kabedon. https://twitter.com/makoya_dream421/status/258913633805938688/photo/1

A rough translation of the article is here (Would you correct if there is something wrong in its nuance or so?).

(translation)
Today, the choreographer Miyamoto uploaded Hanyu’s “Kabedon” picture with Oda on his blog. It’s caused something sensational. That ice prince did that “Kabedon”! There would be tons of girls who want to be done “Kabedon” by Hanyu. Who was that in such an envious position? It was that Oda! In the picture, they stared at each other in different facial expression with each other, Hanyu’s is serious, and oppositely Oda’s is a little bit funny.

In addition, this picture has a touch of dramatic, which is a former figure skater Akiko Suzuki looked at both from behind. Fans commented enthusiastically like this,” What a direction!” “ I wish I were Oda!” “Actually I had the kind of dream that yuzuru did “Kabedon”.Now it became real.”

(The end)

P.s. it turned out SuzyQ happened to work with it at the sasme time and posted below. Please see! We are good friends!

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i cant even talk about " the picture" (how did they convince him?!?!?! :laugh:):slink: so i will just say i hope new ex number is sth upbeat, unlike other ex programs Kenji choreographed for Yuzuru :bow: :cheer: thanks for updates and pictures and videos!!

SuzyQ

Medalist
It looks like that pose/photo even made it into Yahoo news . The article talked about the photo and fans (in social media) are screaming in delights and wish they are in the place of Oda...fantasizing etc. Did I deciphered the google translation correctly ? or if someone could summarise the news better thanks.

I think your google is doing a good job.

Fans' comments are;

"What a farce they are creating :laugh:"

"Oda-kuuun, give up that position for me please!!!"

"My daydream....has now come true :love:"

After all, "Kabe-don" by a man like Yuzuru may be all girls (I dare to say girls!) dream :biggrin:
Because his love confession should follow!!

(From Wiki) In Japan, Kabe-Don mainly appears in plots of the girls’ manga or anime when a man forces the woman against the wall; at the same time, his hand slaps the wall and surrounds the woman, and the sound of "dong" produces.

I heard from one of my colleagues who speaks Chinese that "Kabe-don" is already known to Chinese people translated in Chinese language :laugh2:

Edit: Nice, Hamaguri, we were doing the same work (LOL). I hope our explanation will help understanding the nuance of Japanese.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
i cant even talk about " the picture" (how did they convince him?!?!?! :laugh:):slink: so i will just say i hope new ex number is sth upbeat, unlike other ex programs Kenji choreographed for Yuzuru :bow: :cheer: thanks for updates and pictures and videos!!

Thank you for your feedback! I corrected my post. It was abouat a picture of yuzu and Nobu Meoima posted.

Edit: Nice, Hamaguri, we were doing the same work (LOL). I hope our explanation will help understanding the nuance of Japanese.

Wow, I love SuzyQ more and more! we both tackled the hard work to translate Japanese subtle nuance into English, what's more at the same time !:laugh: Well done!

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
i cant even talk about " the picture" (how did they convince him?!?!?! :laugh:) so i will just say i hope new ex number is sth upbeat, unlike other ex programs Kenji choreographed for Yuzuru :bow: thanks for updates and pictures and videos!!

The power of Odacchi :biggrin: He can make Yuzuru do things that he'll later regret lol, this shows just how comfortable he is around Oda.

I'm having a Yuzuru update overload :drama: After such a dry period, this gives me too much of a shock :laugh:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
The power of Odacchi :biggrin: He can make Yuzuru do things that he'll later regret lol, this shows just how comfortable he is around Oda.

This :laugh:. And since Yuzu does not have social accounts I doubt he knows how much the photo has generated so much interests, fantasies and fanarts.

:laugh: And I don't know what to make of the inclusion of Denis in the second version. Unlike the shocked Akiko, he looks bemused?

I am thinking maybe that is in continuation of this . I would have thought by now that someone would start replacing Oda with Yulia, Kana or Javi :laugh:, instead it is with another Yuzu picture :laugh2:.

Plumededragon

Medalist
This :laugh:. And since Yuzu does not have social accounts I doubt he knows how much the photo has generated so much interests, fantasies and fanarts.

I am thinking maybe that is in continuation of this . I would have thought by now that someone would start replacing Oda with Yulia, Kana or Javi :laugh:, instead it is with another Yuzu picture :laugh2:.
It's a good thing he doesn't have a social account (or he better sets it to private, like Kanako did with her IG) Poor kid would get a shock. :laugh:

There is one with Yulia (blergh can't stand yuzulia), and there will probaby be other wtih Kana, Javi, maybe Shoma (lol) and such, considering just how popular this image is. It has been posted today, so it's just the beginning, lol! :p

Plumededragon

Medalist
I hope there will be a beautiful program as a result of this collaboration. I think the time for creation is too short for it to be a competitive program so I guess it's an EX one.
The picture angle though:slink: Yuzu looks so skinny. Yumi-san, feed your kid please! (Or we bring a lot of food to the shows and throw it to the ice instead of teddies.:biggrin:)
Yes, it's his EX. However, I wonder if he has a costume for it? :think: Maybe he had it ready after choosing the music...

Ah, but Yuzuru is ALWAYS skinny, for being naturally slender. But from some videos we had had, he seems to have a good appetite.^^

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
All the meme's are killing me :rofl::laugh2:

It's a good thing he doesn't have a social account (or he better sets it to private, like Kanako did with her IG) Poor kid would get a shock. :laugh:
Its interesting to me that he seems to the only one in the skating world to not have a social media account (to our knowledge). Also noting, considering his popularity and success its surprising that he doesn't have a PR team. :think:

Last edited:

Morena

On the Ice
So far Yuzu did a perfect job without PR-team.
He needn`t to be more popular imo.

Btw, thank you everyone for Yuzu`s new photos.
I cried a little bit, was so happy to see him.:laugh:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Here is another awesome fan creation to brighten your day.......MEETING YOUR CELEBRITY CRUSH - YUZURU HANYU VERSION :points:
lol, that was brillant! Nice addition with the fall at the end, yes. :laugh2:

So far Yuzu did a perfect job without PR-team.
He needn`t to be more popular imo.

Btw, thank you everyone for Yuzu`s new photos.
I cried a little bit, was so happy to see him.:laugh:

Maybe he'll have one for his post-retirement period, it will depend on what he'll plan to do (but that's not something to think about yet...). But so far so good, yup.

And regarding the pics, we're only at the beginning, still 1.5 month left. :biggrin:

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
And regarding the pics, we're only at the beginning, still 1.5 month left. :biggrin:

At least we'll have the ice shows to endure the waiting, we'll (hopefully) get to see one of his programs for next season, the GP selection is in the middle of the waiting time. And of course, the endless speculation and fangirling/fanboy in this thread. :biggrin:

firal

Record Breaker
Team Japan has the best actors/actresses! Their expression is simply on point. :biggrin: Oh, and I see some people pointed out that it looks like his mom is just outside the rink looking in from that picuture...wonder what she is thinking??

Akiko-san was on TV talking about the picuture. The caster said it had created quite a stir on the net and asked her to recreate her expression. She said that skaters all get along well and between rehearsals they do these "photo sessions".

I thought Kenji-sensei was only choreographing the group number for some reason, but now I think it could be for his EX as well! Quite excited that we will be able to see that soon!