Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 770 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadrouille

Rinkside
The booking link for Skate Canada can be founded at the website skate ananda.ca
There is a link Buy ticket
You go to a ticketmaster, then ask for ticket.
I have tried but I don't get tickets.
I will try again, or I will call a number 1 855-985-5000.

I am in Montreal. I would like to ask anybody who has booked he ticket online to help us.
If I can't buy online, I still can go with Dash tour.
Thank you

Rissa

Record Breaker
He didn't choose TEB. He could only go to TEB because coc has boyang and nhk has Yuzuru. He was not invited to coc and nhk. So he could only go to TEB.

He could have chosen SA or SC... I thought it was said that federations honored the preferences of skaters and Javi was first to pick. IMO, SA really didn't have that much at stake in choosing between Boyang or Javi (or Yuzu) because lets be honest, American boys are not likely to beat Boyang either. So it seems quite likely that Javi did choose TEB and Rostelecom himself. Oh well, I guess we will never know.

gsyzf

Medalist
Really? Who can beat him in both?

Shoma and Kolyada will be at COR. Mura and Nathan Chen will be at TEB. The 2nd tier skaters at COR and TEB next season can beat Javier if Javier is off, whereas the second tier skaters at coc and cor this season can't beat Javier even when Javier is off.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Really? Who can beat him in both?

Nathan Chen the quad meister and Shoma Uno with his brand new 4F? Kolyada? But Javi would have to screw up quite a bit for that to happen seeing as neither are nowhwere near him in PCS.

gsyzf

Medalist
He could have chosen SA or SC... I thought it was said that federations honored the preferences of skaters and Javi was first to pick. IMO, SA really didn't have that much at stake in choosing between Boyang or Javi (or Yuzu) because lets be honest, American boys are not likely to beat Boyang either. So it seems quite likely that Javi did choose TEB and Rostelecom himself. Oh well, I guess we will never know.

The fed's choices are the priority, not the skaters' preference. Jason already beat Boyang at TCC. It's more probable for Jason to beat Boyang than for Jason to beat Javier. Boyang will be held down at SA.

gsyzf

Medalist
Nathan Chen the quad meister and Shoma Uno with his brand new 4F? Kolyada? But Javi would have to screw up quite a bit for that to happen seeing as neither are nowhwere near him in PCS.

Well, Shoma did beat Javier at Japan Open last year. Mura did beat Javier at SC in 2014.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
No, they can't. PCS and everything. Plus why do you think Shoma and Mikhail are going to be perfect?
Shoma and Kolyada will be at COR. Mura and Nathan Chen will be at TEB. The 2nd tier skaters at COR and TEB next season can beat Javier if Javier is off, whereas the second tier skaters at coc and cor this season can't beat Javier even when Javier is off.

Last edited:

gsyzf

Medalist
No, they can't. PCS and everythig. Plus why do you think Shoma and Mikhail are agoing to be perfect?

Shoma already beat Javier at Japan Open last year. Mura beat Javier at SC in 2014. It's certainly possible.

----------
ETA:

Besides, the field at each GP is not decided by the skaters. It's decided by the feds. The skaters won't know if the GP they are assigned to is easy or hard before the official announcement. So I don't think the depth of field is even a factor in the skaters' GP perferences.

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker
Random thoughts :
Will Yuzuru go back to Japan at all before his season starts or is he going to stay in Canada until NHK?
If he stays in Canada, how about his costume? :laugh:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Random thoughts :
Will Yuzuru go back to Japan at all before his season starts or is he going to stay in Canada until NHK?
If he stays in Canada, how about his costume? :laugh:

I think he needs to because of visa issues

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Now that he is twice WC and set his goals as GPF and Worlds gold for the upcoming season? No, he's tough to beat. I think that previous seasons there was a lot of uncertainty inside his mind, he kept questioning his skills, comparing them to Yuzu and other top guys. But now he knows he can win.
Shoma already beat Javier at Japan Open last year. Mura beat Javier at SC in 2014. It's certainly possible.

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker

Yeah, but the past 4 competition Javi scored over 290 and i think even if he bombs he will still get 270-280 (this is the same condition with Yuzu actually). Only a handful of men have a PB of over 270-280. I can only see Shoma possibly beating him when Uno is clean and Javi is not, honestly. Basically, both Yuzuru and Javier don't need to be clean clean clean to win/medal and qualify for GPF. But then again they still can't bomb THAT bad.

I think he needs to because of visa issues
Ah I see. So this means he will likely get his costume n Japan :biggrin:

Last edited:

gsyzf

Medalist
Now that he is twice WC and set his goals as GPF and Worlds gold for the upcoming season? No, he's tough to beat. I think that previous seasons there was alot of uncertainty inside his mind, he kept questioning his skills, comparing them to Yuzu and other top guys. But now he knows he can win.

If you look at every champion who has had a successful season, he/she will have a slump season followed by the successful season. There has been no exception.

gsyzf

Medalist
Yeah, but the past 4 competition Javi scored over 290 and i think even if he bombs he will still get 270-280 (this is the same condition with Yuzu actually). Only a handful of men have a PB of over 270-280. I can only see Shoma possibly beating him when Uno is clean and Javi is not, honestly. Basically, both Yuzuru and Javier don't need to be clean clean clean to win/medal and qualify for GPF. But then again they still can't bomb THAT bad.

They can certainly bomb pretty badly and they have bombed pretty badly.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
His season (to me) wasn't THAT glorious. No GPF gold, no Oly gold. Some had tougher seasons than he did.
If you look at every champion who has had a successful season, he/she will have a slump season followed by the successful season. There has been no exception.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Now that he is twice WC and set his goals as GPF and Worlds gold for the upcoming season? No, he's tough to beat. I think that previous seasons there was alot of uncertainty inside his mind, he kept questioning his skills, comparing them to Yuzu and other top guys. But now he knows he can win.

Well, of course he's tough to beat. There's 90% chance that he'll win because the only guys that are realistically at his level are Yuzu, Patrick Chan (PCS), Boyang (jumps) and Denis Ten (because you never ever count out Denis Ten) but then there are those who are a tier lower and could slip past him if Javi skates badly and they skate well.

gsyzf

Medalist
His season (to me) wasn't THAT glorious. No GPF gold, no Oly gold. Some had tougher seasons than he did.

His last season is better than the previous season. Better results always come with higher expectation and more pressure.

Rissa

Record Breaker

So it's Medvedeva's turn to sit out most of the season and Lipnitskaya's and Tuk's to return to glory? :laugh: [ /off topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.