Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 118 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclair

Medalist
at least now you have comfort food :slink: When life gives you lemons..... ask for salt and tequila.
at least the new wine will still be drinkable tomorow, though without snacks it tastes only half as good :rolleye::laugh:

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 2821 – 2830

Autumn Classic 2016

No streams for practices

I've just received the following answer from skate canada:

"Hi XXX,

Unfortunately practices for the 2016 Autumn Classic International will not be streamed this year

Regards,"

Practices are open to the public, we have to hope people there can record them and put up on the web later on

They not even filming any practice , last year was 10000 times better

Frances photos & caption

- Arrive venue at 5:00 AM and there are already 20 more fans waiting in line in front door. Very typical starting of SCACI with Yuzu there. (source)
- Kiss and cry looks nice this year (source)
- Rink is not too big I hope Yuzu like the ice here (source)
- The broadcast owner of Japan, TV Asahi, even set up their own wifi. (source)
- Starting order of today's OP (source)
- Judge panel list (source)

According to this Twitter, Brian comes to autumn classic!

https://mobile.twitter.com/skating_cat_A/status/781499124973707264

PICTURES & VIDEOS

we are not going to see Yuzu in UA...

the practices are golden, that's how we got this last year

Nishikawa CM

Now we have the duvet/comforter product http://andfree.jp/product/umou.html. Look at the Sleeping Beauty

Yuzusorbet tumblr rough translation from Nishikawa website/video, sources #1 and #2:
“Sleep is like eating, for the maintenance of our body, it is something very important. Since the time I was little, when I have trips or competitions, I would be very excited and could not sleep. I would get the feeling that I can’t move well or feel sleepy the next day. I have known this from young and so I place great importance on sleep.”

“When I am lying in a futon, I do image training, I listen to music and imagine myself skating; I do it like I am practising, I have the feeling of jumping and such in my head.”

“When I travel for competitions, there is jet lag, and often, I find it hard to fall asleep. To get good quality sleep, I try to make an environment that is easy to sleep. I do think about what is the best way for sleeping.”

OTHER

I think it will come out mid-Oct....and we need to manage the expectation

I'm sketching as a way of passing the time before Autumn classic
http://fav.me/daj5ybv

TRANSLATIONS

Muras interview with Kenji is being aired over the past few weeks and I've done a basic translation of a clip where he talks about Yuzu, quads, and wanting to continue skating. Please comment if you catch an error in the translation.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4uxg3t_160927-muraくんにとっての彼_sport
When talking about his decision to continue to skate past the 2014 Olympics season Mura said:
The Olympics is the 4-year goal isn't it? When Nationals was done I thought about the next four years. Should I continue or should I stop here. I was very unsure. About two days, ...but I didn't want it to end like this. I didn't think I had shown my full potential. I wanted to keep going as far as I could go. So I have continued till now.
I think Yuzuru has had a big influence on my decision.

K: In what way?
Well, he's younger than me of course, but I watched him at shows and in competition, and heared about how he researched jumps and skating. And I thought, this dude is amazing!
I asked him about his way of thinking, his way moving and his way of using his body, I thought 'Ah, it's like this'. There were lots of areas where I could understand (the word is 'nattoku' but I'm struggling to find the right word in this context. understand/agree with)
As we had this back and forth I saw the effort he was making, Yuzuru said to me, "Please stick with it" (again, the word is 'gambatte hoshii' not sure about exact English word in this context) And because of that I have continued.

K: What a good story!
K: Is there a specific story you can share about that?
The quadruple jump. I was unsure of it for a long period, should I put it in competition or not. I saw videos of Yuzuru and thought of where our quads were different, and when I really couldn't see it, I asked him, "Well, what do you think?" "What do you (Yuzu) Think is different? " And I learned that when I was going to jump I was hesitating on the rotation, but I should just really go for it instead. And also the direction my body is facing, the best way to hold my arms so I could jump successfully, he suggested that I think about the best way for me to bring my arms in for the jump. "For me it is like this" stuff like that. (sorry, this is vague, I don't know exactly how to write in English the pointers he learned)
K: During the Ice Shows practice sessions you guys are just jumping aren't you?
That's right.
K: it's weird, everyone is practicing and you two are doing triple axels and quads the whole time and talking about 'what's different, etc.' just the triple axel and quads and everyone just watches.
There is a battle of wills there.

K: You guys tried the 4A as well, that was scary.
I asked Shoma if he wanted to try it to and he was like "No, I'm good." So I asked Yuzu, "I'm going to try it, wanna try it too?" He said "Let's try it"

K: You both got about the same amount of rotation?
Yes. when it comes to the 4A that last half rev feels like forever. It's as if I could just hold my body closed I could rotate it but I can't hold it. I can't tell how much I've rotated. The triple axel is (makes gesture close, open) but the quad axel, I don't know how long to keep (the rotating position)

K: I've never even had a chance to feel that. I don't think anyone knows.
What I can say is that it feels very long in the air, You don't know when you will land.
I think if I can land the (quad)Lutz I can land the axel.

K: Are you training it?
Only when I'm feeling in good condition. If I'm in good condition, and my training is finished, and I want to play. I'm pretty sure if I practiced it for real, I'll injure myself.

K: For skating a lot of the tricks you try in fun is something you get good at later.
Some times, in the competitions official practice, you try something and you land it.
They go on to talk about Mura's earphone obsession as well.

Rissa

Record Breaker
I'd throw a party if Yuzu wore somethjng like his Requiem costume.... I think it's my second favorite costume of his, after the utter perfection of the Etude one. :laugh:

Esopian

Final Flight
I'm just generally excited for this competition to start so we can see the debut of both Yuzuru's new programs! Thanks for all the updates guys! :agree:

Plumededragon

Medalist
The bets are mostly on purple for the SP... I really cannot wait to see if it's true or if it's totally different. :laugh: Even if Men SP starts at 2:45 am or so in Europe, lol!
I'd LOVE an Etude-like costume for FP. :love:

YuzusHydroblade

Match Penalty
Guys, skate canada's instagram posted a bit of the practice of the junior ladies. They know Yuzu is popular so maybe there is hope? Maybe we will get a short video where they show all the guys who are practising and maybe MAYBE we will get a glimpse of Yuzu...

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Guys, skate canada's instagram posted a bit of the practice of the junior ladies. They know Yuzu is popular so maybe there is hope? Maybe we will get a short video where they show all the guys who are practising and maybe MAYBE we will get a glimpse of Yuzu...
They also have Tessa and Scott practice clip. Maybe we will get a bit of Hanyu there too.

mcq

Record Breaker

They only posted canadian skaters on their instagram from what I have seen, I will not hold my breath :biggrin:

YuzusHydroblade

Match Penalty
They only posted canadian skaters on their instagram from what I have seen, I will not hold my breath :biggrin:
He has Mama Orser, that should count as being an adopted canadian, right? RIGHT?:(

Lol it's feels like we're all waiting to catch a glimpse of a mythical creature. :laugh:
"Attention! Reports from various people around the area of Montreal speak about a the sighting of a USO (Unidentified Skating Object). The USO has been seen accompanied by a bear with a strange coloring, which makes us believe
that we are talking about a USO of the Hanyu species. Remember that the Hanyu species has great hearing and can identify frequences that our human ears can not and that it can jump great distances. Please refrain from making high
pitched noises, as it could startle the USO.
Thanks for your attention"

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker
Ahh, too bad. And there's not a single Canadian in Yuzu practice group. :(

He has Mama Orser, that should count as being an adopted canadian, right? RIGHT?:(

I am hoping for the audiences. I saw some posted Tessa and Scott's practice video (just snippets for less than a minute but better than nothing right)
I have faith some Yuzu fans will manage to record a bit (and maybe kind enough to share lol) :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.