Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktmsrkn

Rinkside
Late quote and distracting the conversation, sorry for that. I'm coming this thread only once a week or so these days.
There was the incident in 2017 , then planet hanyu was born because of that. So lots of people moved over there.
Thank you, this solved my question. Also I had no idea "Planet Hanyu" has such a young history.
--
For last a couple of weeks, I was reading GS’s archives. There were a lot of nice and informative threads, but some discussions in the past scared me from the bottom of my heart :(. They almost deleted the unpleasant/controversial stuff though, you still could see them from someone's quotes and how terrible things were :eek:hwell:.

I become considered now I should not post anything about Yuzuru in the Edge besides "congratulations" or something like that. I'm afraid my mind could not bear to be in the middle of those postings with barbs :no:.
--
On the other hand, people here (GS) sometimes mention retired skaters I liked so much or knew well, and old-time skaters I didn't know at all. Thanks to someone's post, I even took time to watch them like Dorothy Hamill, John Curry, Robin Cousins ...etc. Those informative threads are widening my general knowledge on FS culture :agree2: and I'm grateful about it:points:.

ktmsrkn

Rinkside
By the way, I owe this poster in the thread "Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 season" almost a week's laugh :thumbsup:. The person described her/his impression of music "Parisian walkways" as:

"It reminded me of the sort of background music played at those seedy 'karaoke' bars/night clubs in Japan […] wonder if Jeff has been to one of those when he was visiting there? "
I had to make my supreme effort not to laugh out loud in the commuter train and still giggle remembering this :laugh:. You made my day :thank: .

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Recent shocking events have hammered home to me how precious life is, and how short it can be.
It's so important to appreciate and be thankful for those who are important to you while they are still here. --Once they are gone, it's too late.

I'm going to appreciate my family, friends, and Yuzu, too, 10X more now. -Because no one knows how long we can enjoy each other's presence on this planet.

Some photos from Ice Jewels Season Photobook 2018
http://fulcherdepp.tumblr.com/post/176059945606/pamigena-yuzuru-hanyu-scanedit-ice-jewels
http://fulcherdepp.tumblr.com/post/176059919101/muffinlorando-ice-jewels-2017-2018-season

I also deeply appreciate all those who have been part of this thread, whether it is lurking, posting a little or posting a lot. You make this community what it is. :ghug:

Last edited:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
It looks a little silly to be so worried about costumes and other silly things today. Hope everyone finds a little solace and more love in their life, for their families, friends and kindness for the skaters.

Imov

Medalist
The shocking news from yesterday made me appreciate this forum more.
Thank you to everyone who share ideas and updates here.
It made me feel connected to the world and find reasons that there is something fun in everyday.
Again thank you Yuzu for being a source of our fun.
And to all who are cultivitaing it continuously by keeping this thread alive, thanks guys. :ghug:

livetoskate

On the Ice
Yes, thank you all for making me feel like I have a skate fan community. I felt like posting something on FB about Denis Ten, but the reality is that most of my facebook friends aren't into skating and wouldn't even know who Denis is. Most of them probably wouldn't even recognize a photo of Yuzuru! :( You guys are awesome; I appreciate the news from people in Japan and other countries too. Where else am I going to get all the skating news otherwise?

Henni147

Final Flight
I wonder if they could actually have a normal training yesterday at all.
I'm sure this was very devastating news for everyone. Yuzu and Javi stood with Denis on the podium together multiple times. Jason shared this wonderful group pic yesterday: https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/1019948921878003715

I didn't know Denis so well myself, but I couldn't hold my tears back. Now try to imagine how it must be for the skaters. In a way they lost a family member... :sad4:

Some nice pictures with Yuzu and Denis:
https://mobile.twitter.com/KingYuzuu/status/1020203162811224064

Henni147

Final Flight

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Well I am a firm believer that even when it sounds bad life does goes on, and we need to go back arguing about “silly” things like costume and music.

So I will try to start the ball rolling, how about some Gershwin for a program, I would guess that as long as is not rhapsody in blue https://youtu.be/5cLZBeQEqq8

Reth

On the Ice
Correct me if I'm wrong, Denis was assigned to COR next season. I'm wondering whether the organizer will hold some kind of memorial event before the competition.

I was lurking in Denis thread and fans want to have banners for him at the venue. I think that’s a nice idea if the organizer doesn’t have anything planned.
Denis and Yuzu was just competing in last year COR together. I think I’m still in shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.