Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 98 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Nachi

On the Ice
Gosh! I just saw the short interview after Shoma kun...Yuzu was SO close to cry after the second question. He is probably very frustrated right now. No words will help now. There really is a lot of pressure on him. Often not being judged fairly and now he had a bad skate on top. Get rest. Eat some nice food. Play your favourite game. Talk with a good friend. Go outside. That is all that can help. I sadly cannot. Not with my words nor with anything else. Ganbatte Yuzu! I'll hang on as well.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
He looks so exhausted and didn’t have his usual fire. This many competitions back to back must be tough since he hasn’t had this schedule in years. On the plus side, this is far better than any injury and I’m sure there’ll be only up and up from here. I hope he’ll get the rest he needs and bounce back strong!

I write a post, then I find it so negative and I cancel it. I just don't know how to stay positive right now :sad21:

giulia95

Medalist
The result was obvious even before Yuzu's skate.
The main result is Yuzuru didn't injure himself .
There were two traps on his path, He fell in the first one at GPF -> frustration -> 4A and his guardian angel protected him, but not in the second one -> forced to be a 6 time intercontinental traveller in just one month.

The price to pay is very high, but there was nothing you could do.No one else would have done any better in this situation.
Be safe, be healthy, be strong , you are a living legend.We will always be with you.:bow::bow::bow:

He looks so exhausted and didn’t have his usual fire. This many competitions back to back must be tough since he hasn’t had this schedule in years. On the plus side, this is far better than any injury and I’m sure there’ll be only up and up from here. I hope he’ll get the rest he needs and bounce back strong!

I do hope you are right. I'm not so optimistic right now and I fear for worlds :(

Nachi

On the Ice

He'll be UP again! Just as Javi said :').

And can we mention a lot more how cute he was with Shoma and Yuma?! Oh my gosh! I was about to explode because of him grabbing Shoma's cheeks and patting Yuma's head x'D!

He'll be UP again! Just as Javi said :').

And can we mention a lot more how cute he was with Shouma and Yuma?! Oh my gosh! I was about to explode because of him grabbing Shouma's cheeks and patting Yuma's head x'D!

Are there any videos?

Nachi

On the Ice
I watched the medal ceremony on russian stream. They showed all three before they went onto the ice again to receive their medals ^^. It was just heartburstingly cute xD (just inventing new words for how cute that was xD)!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/yuzu1207_s/status/1208729533051916288?s=20 -Medals ceremony from Japan broadcast. --Emotional hug on the podium.

I'm outwardly optimistic, so I want to say, "It's ok, Yuzu will be fine" but we all know how hard it is to lose when one is as competitive as Yuzu. I'm in awe of how he puts on his best smile for the crowd, for his fans, and for his fellow competitors.
As a fan, we wish we could make it all ok, make it so he doesn't get injured or tired, so he can skate to his hearts content and win everything. But this sport is so, so cruel. In so many ways.
So what I wish for is that Yuzu can take a look at all he's accomplished, and hear the support from the fans. -But also that he can use this setback to work out what it is he truly wants to do next. In his life and in competition. And that he can continue forward with confidence in what ever that might be. I'll be cheering for him.

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
Yuzu had a really rough day. You could see it before he took his opening position that he looked uncomfortable. I am so sad for how sad he looked. Well, phoenix, time to rise from the ashes again. Of that I have no doubt.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
More than gold medals, I hope skating still brings him happiness. If this is the case, I believe he'll shine at worlds, after some well deserved rest.

It's true that it was heartbreaking to watch his performance today. I hope he received good vibes and support from people around him and from all the fans around the world and the result won't affect him. And after all, he proved so many times that he has an amazing mental strenght and power within.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I have not had time to watch his free skate. I am afraid now. GPF one was subpar in some aspects, but extraordinarily moving on others, "another Yuzuru Hanyu".
At least, for Worlds he will have very little jetlag.

yude

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/yuzu1207_s/status/1208729533051916288?s=20 -Medals ceremony from Japan broadcast. --Emotional hug on the podium.

Do we have full video of medal ceremony? Fuji didn't broadcast Ladies' at all and finished airing Men's in the middle :sad21:

https://twitter.com/yuzu1207_s/status/1208725887350276096

Reporter: How do you feel about your FS today?

Yuzuru: I was tired, but tried my best.

R: When you finished your performance, you murmured "I am tired". You competed in three competitions in five weeks, and you must have been under the pressure skating in the last. What do you feel about that?

Y: It doesn't matter, I am weak.

R: You said Japanese Nationals had been always very special stage you became nervous, now what was this Japanese Nationals like to you?

Y: Well, I feel like it was over, but...but...I don't have anything (to say? or in himself?). I only think I was weak.

You are not weak, Yuzuru. You fought so hard and I am so proud of you. Please rest well after this, I mean, after Gala :drama:

Nachi

On the Ice
That's why he almost started crying?! YUZU!! Don't you DARE believe in what you said there! You are not weak at all! Also tears are NOT a sign of weakness! I think I never saw a person as strong as you are! I know you carry a heavy burden. How can a person NOT break under such weight? Don't put yourself lower and describe yourself as weak than you actually are! Everytime I see how you fight, how you cry, how you feel when you fail, I see myself. We always pick ourselves up. Even if we ourselves think very little of us. The other person thinks that you are great! Don't believe in those "lies"! The way you walked your path until now proves you wrong! ♥

yude

Record Breaker
Yuzuru is on Fuji TV now, he said he was healthy and could continue training from now on :)

khtmyzr

Final Flight
I do hope you are right. I'm not so optimistic right now and I fear for worlds :(

I think I can remain optimistic because we (think we) know exactly what today’s problem was. He was tired from all the competitions. Even though he lost, I just think that knowing exactly what the problem was and knowing that a rest is probably what he needs wouldn’t be as frustrating as not performing well when he feels like he’s in great condition.