Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 144 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

yude

Record Breaker
It's cool now we have a lot of emoji, I am sure we'll be using :ninja: often for Yuzuru, hehe.

Graduation ceremony of Waseda will take place tomorrow and here is the link for live streaming starts from 9.30 am local time. I hope they will announce Yuzuru's name.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Because of the worsening Covid-19 situation in Tokyo, graduates will not attend the graduation ceremony as planned. The graduation ceremony will only be attended by the Head and the Deputy Head of each department. Yuzuru is very unlikely to be there but he has finished his graduate thesis, which is a study on track and field jumping using 3D motion capture technology. Yuzuru could apply this knowledge to his own quad jumps.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Because of the worsening Covid-19 situation in Tokyo, graduates will not attend the graduation ceremony as planned. The graduation ceremony will only be attended by the Head and the Deputy Head of each department. Yuzuru is very unlikely to be there but he has finished his graduate thesis, which is a study on track and field jumping using 3D motion capture technology. Yuzuru could apply this knowledge to his own quad jumps.

I think fans are just hoping to get a virtual glimpse of him and his White Wall 🙏 and even though we know it's unlikely, I know people are planning to watch it from all over the world just in case...

I'm planning to check up afterwards. Too many Yuzu fans on the stream might crash it, and that would be unfaor on all the graduates' families and friends (though I imagine Waseda is aware of the circumstances).

The main thing, however, is that he is happy and knows how proud everyone is of him.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anyone have a spare $1000US/$1500Aust? The watch co-designed by Yuzu for Citizen is I believe due to go on sale, Sept 30th, limited edition and that is apparently what it will cost.

If anyone sees a picture, do post it....

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It is just so gorgeous.... as is the video. Citizen have really gone all out to make it incredible.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And apparently the Yuzuru-themed watches - even at that price - sold out in nine minutes (edit make that seconds)

...which at least means I don't have to keep talking myself out of it (the postage!!!)

The marketing people were quite canny with that line about his signature/name being so close to the wearer's pulse....

Last edited:

Nachi

On the Ice
Gold ist not my colour but in general the watch looks really beautiful!

And I'm back again! Yay! After all the struggle of studying I finally have some free time ^^. I'm not as far as Yuzu (I feel so slow ㅠㅠ) but I'm SO glad to be even closer to my final goal. Now I need to heal. I did another Yuzu like thing. While riding my bike I was inattentive for a split second and...almost hit a parking car. I was able to not hit it but my nose instead... I fell flat onto the street and when I looked into my pocket mirror, blood was dripping down my chin and my first thought was "just like Yuzu, right?" What is wrong with me? I should have thought about myself but Yuzu just came to my mind 😂😅. I hope you all are safe and sound ^^.

Nachi

On the Ice
Yuzu now has a Wikiquote page devoted to him :clap: thanks to some amazing hard work by wonderful fans. .

Nachi, ouch and deepest sympathies, I hope you are okay?
Thanks for your concern. I'm fine-ish, I'd say. My nose was quite swollen but now it just hurts very slightly when I touch it too roughly. My legs are bruised but fine and I also hurt my wrist a little bit. All in all I was lucky to not get a concussion or the like. I'm just tired quite a lot but I don't feel dizzy or sick. I'm just a little mad at myself that I got distracted for a second. Luckily I have enough time to rest and my better half pampers me ^^.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for your concern. I'm fine-ish, I'd say. My nose was quite swollen but now it just hurts very slightly when I touch it too roughly. My legs are bruised but fine and I also hurt my wrist a little bit. All in all I was lucky to not get a concussion or the like. I'm just tired quite a lot but I don't feel dizzy or sick. I'm just a little mad at myself that I got distracted for a second. Luckily I have enough time to rest and my better half pampers me ^^.
I've done the same - once when all alone in a cemetery, it's a looong story - so feel for you! Here's a Chinese 'meeting yuzu in an alternative dimension' game apparently being played on WeChat to cheer you.

https://twitter.com/karen_hyaxel/status/1309720958182203392

Last edited:

Nachi

On the Ice
That's too cute ❤️! It cheers me up a lot. Having had an accident on a cemetery doesn't sound too good either. There aren't that many people walking around to give you a helping hand :(. Yuzus helping hand would have been something 😅😍

Nachi

On the Ice
Didn't he already mention that he's working on a new program? I wonder if you really mean it.

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice
Didn't he already mention that he's working on a new program? I wonder if you really mean it.
That person is probably joking or trolling, but on a serious note, Yuzu did say in the Ice Jewel interview that he wants to get new programs. However, that interview was months ago (I think in April or May?) and he probably expected he'll be able to go back to Canada at some point during the summer. Now that he's pretty much shut out of Canada, away from his coaches and usual choreographers and likely won't do more than 2-3 (at most) competitions, I'm not sure what his plans about programs would be. But at this point, I'd just be happy to see him skate again eventually, in safe circumstances, no matter what programs he's performing :)

I wish at least with the pandemic, travel restrictions and limited competition prospects, people would give skaters a break about the whole recycling issue. But I'm probably asking too much.