Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 145 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

icetug

Medalist
Now that he's pretty much shut out of Canada, away from his coaches and usual choreographers and likely won't do more than 2-3 (at most) competitions, I'm not sure what his plans about programs would be. But at this point, I'd just be happy to see him skate again eventually, in safe circumstances, no matter what programs he's performing :)
Many skaters got their choreo via Zoom, including Katia Kurakova from TCC. Yuzu is much more experienced skater than she, so he could easily follow that pace. However I feel it's not he's fond of. On the other hand, actually I wouldn't be surprised to find that David, Shae-Lynn or Jeffrey went to Japan at some point between two waves of pandemy.

Yuzuru in fact doesn't need any new choreo for these 2 competitions he will probably take part in this season and I'd be over the moon to see once again his 2016/2017 programs. But there are Olympics next season so it would be nice for him to have new programs ready for Nationals this year in order to have them polished for the Olympics...

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice
Many skaters got their choreo via Zoom, including Katia Kurakova from TCC. Yuzu is much more experienced skater than she, so he could easily follow that pace. However I feel it's not he's fond of. On the other hand, actually I wouldn't be surprised to find that David, Shae-Lynn or Jeffrey went to Japan at some point between two waves of pandemy.

Yuzuru in fact doesn't need any new choreo for these 2 competitions he will probably take part in this season and I'd be over the moon to see once again his 2016/2017 programs. But there are Olympics next season so it would be nice for him to have new programs ready for Nationals this year in order to have them polished for the Olympics...
Oh, of course, I was just listing some of the things that could lead to him not getting new programs. You know how people react when he recycles, so I feel everyone should have those circumstances in mind to keep the outrage to minimum if he shows up with old programs.

But I agree that it would probably be best if he got two new programs now and kept them for the Olympic season.

yude

Record Breaker
This looks very interesting, Mr. Tanaka, the photographer for "Yuzuru Hanyu Season Photobook" shares his memories of Yuzuru here. This video is only the trailer and official episodes will start after October 8. If I am not wrong, the lady host is the one at CiONTU. I tried watching with auto English subs but it was hilarious 😂

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hands up everyone who gets a fellow feeling from this... 😘

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aww...Yuzu inspiring the next generations of kids to skate and aiming to become Olympic champion :giggle:

And you never know... that was pretty much exactly how he started. The kid has the best of taste in inspiration.

yude

Record Breaker
Shun Sato shares his favorite photo😊

"At GPF, Hanyu-senshu took selfie and everyone joined, I set it on the Lock screen. It is very good memory and this is the most memorable photo. After my competition was over, I had chance to watch other skaters. I learnt a lot when I saw him (them) up close, it was very good competition. "

ankifeather

Final Flight
Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You can vote for your favourite Hanyu program costume, and the one with most votes will be replicated for the Hanyu wax model at Madame Tussauds Tokyo!

Madam Tussauds campaign page https://www.madametussauds.jp/tokyo/ja/どの羽生選手に会いたい/

Actual vote page:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf334FYNT89d3YA8pIfIC1Wwg3AufAeySHmNQKfWy6WreJBIA/viewform

But but but... I have several absolute favourites!!! If Yuzuru wasn't such a damn beautiful man, maybe it would be easier.... nope.

Likeadream

Rinkside

Fourleaf Clover

Rinkside
Country
Philippines
You can vote for your favourite Hanyu program costume, and the one with most votes will be replicated for the Hanyu wax model at Madame Tussauds Tokyo!

Madame Tussauds campaign page https://www.madametussauds.jp/tokyo/ja/どの羽生選手に会いたい/

Actual vote page:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf334FYNT89d3YA8pIfIC1Wwg3AufAeySHmNQKfWy6WreJBIA/viewform
Hmm.. I'm not gonna lie, that Hanyu wax figure gave me real heebie jeebies. So I don't know if I want another one made to haunt me in my dreams. Not to be rude for the makers of course.

yude

Record Breaker

Madame Tussauds campaign page https://www.madametussauds.jp/tokyo/ja/どの羽生選手に会いたい/

Actual vote page:

I've kept wondering if they will just change the costume, if so, how will it look like in another costume with the same pose of PW? :biggrin:

yude

Record Breaker
Mr. Tanaka talks about "Yuzuru Hanyu Season Photobook 2015-2016" showing various pictures of Yuzuru. The video is 28 minutes long and it is only the first half, but I won't be able to translate the whole thing (hope other translators will kindly do for us). But here is the part I found very funny.

Around 25:35 (they are talking about Yuzuru's peace sign)

Mr. Tanaka: When I am there, he does that (peace sign) for me. And if I look back, other photographers are there (to shoot his peace sign as well).

Ms.Niimura: If we look into the Ice Jewels photobook, there are relatively many cute Hanyu-senshu like this, aren't there?

T. Well, the thing is, we can see the photos of competitions in other media, to be extreme. TV, newspaper, magazine, everything. But my theme for this Ice Jewels is Cuteness(可愛さ/kawaisa) and Comfort/Healing(癒し/iyashi). I publish my photos based on the motto "the photo of comfort". Sometimes some fans tell me, "Your photobook doesn't have many Cool(かっこいい/kakkoii) Yuzuru". But no, it's Comfort. I want to write it down, Comfort.

Last edited:

Nachi

On the Ice
Wow! This is stunning 😍! I'm always happy to find new art of Yuzu. It brightens up the grey days we have since the start of autumn...and for whatever reason, the sun came out after I saw the art xD ^^.