Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 147 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

pianistliz

On the Ice
Gosh this wait is killing me. I was kind of OK until Skate America came and went and I was reminded we won't see Hanyu till at least December :(

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
All the donations Hanyu made in recent years in public records - totaling US$ 2million:hap10:

That's an amazing amount, no wonder the Japanese people love him for himself as well as his skating achievements. What always got me was when he donated his Olympic prize money in 2014, at which time he was not - and could not predict - he would become so massively popular and therefore wealthy in his own right.

He's not only the GOAT, he is also one of the greatest people in the sport - and at a time when there is so much grubbiness and corruption, we need great people.

ankifeather

Final Flight
The new Kose advertisement board in Tokyo Haneda airport:love2:

aea8d316-s.jpg

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Late to the party but I am really looking forward to Yuzuru's new SP! How I've longed to see a SP other than Chopin and Otonal, and now there really is going to be a new one. Yay ^ ^
The question is, when we're going to see it. Somehow, I don't think he'll want to be at Nats, not just because he cannot prepare adequately without his coach, but mainly because of the audience there. If so, it's going to be a long wait. I hope we can get a glimpse of him still, like in the short video of his iconic program poses months back.

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice
Late to the party but I am really looking forward to Yuzuru's new SP! How I've longed to see a SP other than Chopin and Otonal, and now there really is going to be a new one. Yay ^ ^
The question is, when we're going to see it. Somehow, I don't think he'll want to be at Nats, not just because he cannot prepare adequately without his coach, but mainly because of the audience there. If so, it's going to be a long wait. I hope we can get a glimpse of him still, like in the short video of his iconic program poses months back.
I think the lottery for Nats tickets is starting next week, so if he decides to WD we'll probably know soon.

I really miss him and wish we could hear from him or see him skate, but I'm also kind of glad he could get a prolonged break not just from competition but also from media attention and duties. He's used to it, but it surely gets suffocating and having more time for himself and spending time with his family will help him find new energy and perspective.

ankifeather

Final Flight

I thought when he announced he finished his graduation thesis on 24 Hrs Television back in August people knew he was going to graduate in the September graduation ceremony already. Too bad due to the pandemic he couldn't show up.

Anyways, nice to see his interview about his university life in Waseda's magazine and official confirmation of his graduation. :giggle:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought when he announced he finished his graduation thesis on 24 Hrs Television back in August people knew he was going to graduate in the September graduation ceremony already. Too bad due to the pandemic he couldn't show up.

Anyways, nice to see his interview about his university life in Waseda's magazine and official confirmation of his graduation. :giggle:

I think people knew (although Waseda's yesnoyesnoyesno didn't help) but rather thought we'd get some sort of public acknowledgement. Being starved for crumbs does that to fans...