Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 148 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

lynnidolz

Spectator
Welcome to Goldenskate! :cool: This thread is perfectly safe I'd say. You may encounter some criticism in the Edge forum, but fanfests are positive.

Anyhow, congratulations to Yuzuru on graduating! I'll keep hoping he competes at Nationals.
Thank you for the warm welcome.I'm a fairly new fan and just get into him after the 2018 olympics.I heard of him before and watched a few of his youtube videos before the olympic but become a fan after his winning and watch his interviews after and get to know his backstory.Is it ok to be a fan eventhough not knowing much of figure skating rules and everything?but im learning .In my country there is no winter sport and no one around me even know what figure skating is.I need to share and express my love from him somehow.Sorry if my english broken...english is not my first language

lynnidolz

Spectator
Anyone here worried about Yuzu not able to go back to Canada for training? Its been almost 8 months already and i dont think Canadian border will open at all this year.All of his other competitors able to somehow train with their coaches and have access to their own rink and facilities except maybe Junhwan.Do you guys also think he will participates in this year Nationals?If he does participate wouldn't he be in some sort of disadvantage without proper training and coaches?Unless he able to get local coach but as of now we know nothing about his coaching or training status at all.Only some info about new sp from Jeffery Buttle.Sorry if its not appropriate to ask in this thread...but i constantly worrying about him and dont how or where to discuss this

pianistliz

On the Ice
Thank you for the warm welcome.I'm a fairly new fan and just get into him after the 2018 olympics.I heard of him before and watched a few of his youtube videos before the olympic but become a fan after his winning and watch his interviews after and get to know his backstory.Is it ok to be a fan eventhough not knowing much of figure skating rules and everything?but im learning .In my country there is no winter sport and no one around me even know what figure skating is.I need to share and express my love from him somehow.Sorry if my english broken...english is not my first language
Absolutely! I didn't didn't discover Yuzuru or start learning more about figure skating till 2019!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hello...is this forum a safe place for Yuzuru fan?

This fanfest is, at least. Welcome!

We share your worries, but the thing is, no one knows how his training is going anyway, so we just have to compose our souls in patience and know that, whatever is thrown at him, he will do his amazing best.

yude

Record Breaker
Anyone here worried about Yuzu not able to go back to Canada for training? Its been almost 8 months already and i dont think Canadian border will open at all this year.All of his other competitors able to somehow train with their coaches and have access to their own rink and facilities except maybe Junhwan.Do you guys also think he will participates in this year Nationals?If he does participate wouldn't he be in some sort of disadvantage without proper training and coaches?Unless he able to get local coach but as of now we know nothing about his coaching or training status at all.Only some info about new sp from Jeffery Buttle.Sorry if its not appropriate to ask in this thread...but i constantly worrying about him and dont how or where to discuss this

Honestly I don't know what to think since we have only a few information as you mentioned. I am not worried about the facility but I am curious how he has been training in the rink of his hometown. It is said that Japan is at the start of the 3rd wave of Covid-19 so I doubt if he will participate in Nationals. I wonder how this pandemic has affected his initial plan in his figure skating life because I believe he had definite plan and goal for this season and the next season. For now, I hope we'll be able to see his new SP someday somewhere.

giulia95

Medalist
Please, don’t worry and have faith in Yuzu!

Yuzu is the master of himself and used to train in Japan in his senior career, he fixed the 4S after 2014 COC injury , he trained in Japan before 2017 Worlds in Helsinki and decided everything by himself in his difficult road to Pyeong Chang Olympic Gold … even if Yuzu is not in contact with canadian coach, have faith and send him very good vibrations !! :ghug:
GOOOOOOOO YUZUUUUUUU!!!:hap10::hap10::hap10:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

yude

Record Breaker
The photo of Medalists on Ice 2020 was updated and Yuzuru is in it. (it might be changed later though...)

ankifeather

Final Flight
Another Hanyu exhibition coming up, with the theme looking back on the 311 earthquake (its tenth year anniversary is nearing)

The exhibition's merchandise includes lights and survival kits items so far (more too come)

And the very adorable organizing committee logo
Em6zOc0XMAc0qgb

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yuzuru is listed for Japan Nationals! :hap10::clap::cry:
https://twitter.com/max_ambesi/status/1331506207253803009

Of course, that is not ironclad, the situation in Japan at the time will be crucial, and given the mad crush last year they will have to ensure his safety rather more carefully than ever... I'm fretting for him, but I'm also so very very eager to see him and maybe new programs...

Last edited:

ankifeather

Final Flight
TV news on his name being listed for participation for now

Whilst it is not set in stone yet as he will continue to monitor the situation over the next month, but good luck to Yuzu, and all the best to his health and that the Japanese nationals is held safely if he does go in the end

His Otonal costume is being exhibited at Maison Kose store

Also he has another photobook (this time A3 in size) coming out
https://www.amazon.co.jp

Last edited:

Fourleaf Clover

Rinkside
Country
Philippines
To be honest, I don't know how to feel about this coming Japan Nationals.. On one hand, I'm excited to see him skate after an extended absence, with new programs nonetheless. On the other hand, I still fear for everyone's safety, especially now that the flu season is on the uptrend again. I guess I'll just trust him on his decisions and pray that everything will be allright and that the organizers will adhere to the strict health protocols to avoid any untoward incidences.