Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 149 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
His Otonal costume is being exhibited at Maison Kose store

That waistline... he has the most amazing body in any discipline in the whole sport. And the Otonals were even my favourite costumes (Origin 1, the Seimeis and Masquerade are very top for me... but its crowded)

To be honest, I don't know how to feel about this coming Japan Nationals.. On one hand, I'm excited to see him skate after an extended absence, with new programs nonetheless. On the other hand, I still fear for everyone's safety, especially now that the flu season is on the uptrend again. I guess I'll just trust him on his decisions and pray that everything will be allright and that the organizers will adhere to the strict health protocols to avoid any untoward incidences.

As people are pointing out on twitter, this is not definite and all the reasons he withdrew from the GP series are still there... I want to see him, and I'm worried for him, as I am sure the Japanese fans are.

Nachi

On the Ice
I think it's not a problem of the flu coming up now. In fact I think there won't be as many cases as we used to have due to the known situation. I'm more scared of him getting infected by accident even when being very cautious. As an asthma patient this is a disease you want to avoid at all costs. I don't see that the situation will get any better in the next few months. I also don't want to see him (or any other skater) in the situation as it was in Russia. I didn't like that it was okay to let in that many people. The one-seat-distance between each visitor...wasn't a real distance. Well...let's see how Japan will handle this. I just want everybody to stay safe and sound.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Given his stature, I think the fans and audience, and probably the officials, will respect his wishes and need for caution. The press, I'm not so sure, they're as parched as we are (his white wall appearances all hit the TV and print news!) but when it's been needed, he's been given security to ward people off.

Occurs to me that he might be thinking, if Worlds doesn't come off this could be his only chance this year for you-know-what.... if he's been practising it for a year, he must be absolutely past aching to have a go in competition.

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice
I feel like people have been panicking too much today about this entry list. It doesn't mean much though I'm very annoyed at the misleading headlines and articles that were written about it :palmf: I'm sure Yuzu will evaluate the situation and make the best decision. Let's wait for some kind of statement from him - hopefully soon because I miss him a lot and it's been over 2 months now without any real update :(

yude

Record Breaker
At this point, I think that the number of cases will keep increasing unless the government declares state of emergency again. And as I said earlier here in this thread, Japan will never have total lockdown. It has been reported that Nagano, the prefecture the national takes place, has under 30 cases per day so far (https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/special/coronavirus/data/pref/nagano.html), but the place is colder than Tokyo and Osaka so I don't know how it will be in the end of December. And we all know that the traveling itself is not really safe.

I will support him whatever decision he makes, waiting for his appearance or some kind of statement :giggle:

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I feel like people have been panicking too much today about this entry list. It doesn't mean much though I'm very annoyed at the misleading headlines and articles that were written about it :palmf:

The Japanese pressed honed on his name on the list and went a bit bonkers...

ankifeather

Final Flight
New Xylitol gums with Yuzu case

1-25.jpg

Fourleaf Clover

Rinkside
Country
Philippines
The Japanese pressed honed on his name on the list and went a bit bonkers...
Maybe because a certain Sendai Yeti has been on the scarce for so long that any news, no matter how trivial, is as good as any. Lord knows how stir crazy some of his fans can get especially on twitter. Older fans were more tolerant of the radio silence due to experience (hello post Boston and pre Pyeongchang). So yeah..

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Olympic Channel on twitter have kicked off their '31 Days of Olympics' with Yuzuru...

... and on a completely frivolous note, some exquisite Yuzu-inspired compacts!

yude

Record Breaker
The Olympic Channel on twitter have kicked off their '31 Days of Olympics' with Yuzuru...

... and on a completely frivolous note, some exquisite Yuzu-inspired compacts!

Notte Stellata project keep giving us amazing products and honestly I am at a loss what to purchase. (apparently I can not buy all of them :cry:)

ankifeather

Final Flight
The 311 Exhibition keeps up the awesome merchandises based off Hanyu's costume

And more types of files surfacing at the supermarkets