Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 243 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I would like to tell something about the Quadruple Axel jump (4A).
I have never seen a fully rotated one, except one at practice by a Russian(?) skater, which was also heavily prerotated (yet not a full Backxel, so in a competitive program it would retain its full base value and get a lesser Grade of execution, unlike an underrotated one, which base value is, for Yuzuru Hanyu, and ought to, for all, reduced by 20% as per the rules). (It goes without saying that the official ratification was fraudulent, erroneous at best, with an underrotation of about 100°.)
I believe that there is a reason why only Yuzuru Hanyu's 4As have got such motion pictures: they are huge, beautiful, astounding. Really something wholly new. Because jumps with very little less than 4 full rotations (such as an underrotated 4A with a skid takeoff), have already been jumped since a number of years, with Boyang Jin's, Misha Kolyada's or Yuzuru Hanyu's gorgeous 4Lz, the only really conquered (but by so few; of course there are a few others who have or have had correct 4Lz, but they're irrelevant to this because they rather have 3¾ rotations, something the best other quadruple jumps already had) Queen of Jumps. In order to conquer the 4A, Yuzuru Hanyu has gone through the only way he's ever known, the most perfect one. With little or no prerotation: at ¼ of the first rotation, he's already high in the air, something only edge technique can get: an Axel jump with skid take off will always be still on the ice at that moment; even if there's still an underrotation, which he doesn't try to hide under the carpet, unlike those who are score as if they had fully rotated a jump.
Here it is, I believe that it deserves to be reminded as the model:
https://twitter.com/SportsHochi/status/1474138688808370191

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20211227/k00/00m/050/004000c
(Unavailable from European Union.)

https://twitter.com/tshashin/status/1491738921989926913

I don't think that attempts by other skaters have got motion picture...

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I thought that this expression "Yuzucci" appeared with the announcement of Yuzuru Hanyu as Gucci Brand Ambassador, but in fact, it was already in this Tweet from some three days after the first announcement of the Elle Japon cover:

Magill

Record Breaker
I thought that this expression "Yuzucci" appeared with the announcement of Yuzuru Hanyu as Gucci Brand Ambassador, but in fact, it was already in this Tweet from some three days after the first announcement of the Elle Japon cover:

Yuzucci... I love it!
So let's just reminisce for a while, let's go back to where it began, Yuzucielle, these beautiful magical images, here additionally combined with his soft voice and candid words... Remember the amazement when these unreal shots were first presented to the world? :love:

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Today 26th is also the last day to buy LiveViewing tickets online, to watch RE_PRAY in Miyagi Day 2 in movie theatres live (April 9th) or delayed (April 13th). If it is like for the previous LiveViewing sessions of RE_PRAY, the number of screens has been established to cater all requests, and if in some place there's not enough room, they will add a screen, so it's not so terribly imprudent to miss the online sale, as there's likely to be a direct sale on the venue later. For the delayed viewing of RE_PRAY in Yokohama (but it was at 1pm a weekday, among the worst possible hours for attendance), very few venues were sold out (the day of the show, I believe most were sold out).
https://twitter.com/LVJ_culture/status/1772201768803340750

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
We hope so :)
I'm sure it is. I mean, it remains a conjecture, but that's the typical way of introducing a new watch...
Now, I won't venture into trying to guess from which program! I'm having my popcorn reading others'. 🍿
The conjectures I'm most interested in, are about the angle, height, duration... mentioned in today's teaser, which are those of a 4A, but a 4A even higher (80cm) than his previous ones (75cm). Now, some people have noticed back, that his 3As have been misbehaving in Saga and in Yokohama. Could it be from an imminent birth? But then, in a few days, both Ice Rink Sendai and the Winter-only rink nearby where Notte Stellata rehearsals took place, are going to close. What's next?
He's always giving us surprises, and I suspect him to enjoy teasing us (and I do enjoy being teased by him).
These SEKKISEI Transparent Holiday photos of him as a white Santa are really "it".

By the way, there are some photos from this photo shoot in the two photo books from the SEKKISEI promotional sales starting next Monday, some others from the 1920s intellectual photo shoot, and others from the Céladon/ Bamboo Prince photo shoot, which costume is right now touring China in SEKKISEI shops. Some viewers have posted pictures from the SEKKISEI Miyabi Instagram Live that just happened:
https://twitter.com/NoLife_NoYuzuzu/status/1772581509150679124?ref_url=

https://twitter.com/0717bintang/status/1772593318884434117?ref_url=

Magill

Record Breaker
I'm sure it is. I mean, it remains a conjecture, but that's the typical way of introducing a new watch...
Now, I won't venture into trying to guess from which program! I'm having my popcorn reading others'. 🍿
The conjectures I'm most interested in, are about the angle, height, duration... mentioned in today's teaser, which are those of a 4A, but a 4A even higher (80cm) than his previous ones (75cm). Now, some people have noticed back, that his 3As have been misbehaving in Saga and in Yokohama. Could it be from an imminent birth? But then, in a few days, both Ice Rink Sendai and the Winter-only rink nearby where Notte Stellata rehearsals took place, are going to close. What's next?
He's always giving us surprises, and I suspect him to enjoy teasing us (and I do enjoy being teased by him).
These SEKKISEI Transparent Holiday photos of him as a white Santa are really "it".

By the way, there are some photos from this photo shoot in the two photo books from the SEKKISEI promotional sales starting next Monday, some others from the 1920s intellectual photo shoot, and others from the Céladon/ Bamboo Prince photo shoot, which costume is right now touring China in SEKKISEI shops. Some viewers have posted pictures from the SEKKISEI Miyabi Instagram Live that just happened:
So here's the today's teaser - Day 3
As you said, the number indicating the rotated degree is suggesting 4A. But is it a watch styled accordingly? What the plot might be?
Two more days to go and we will know..

Magill

Record Breaker
Stumbled across this on my Insta and the amount of warmth and positive energy emanating from this little clip is so amazing that I just could not resist but to post it here for everyone to enjoy. Those two guys have just such a great vibe!