Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 251 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

Magill

Record Breaker
I'm afraid that the Gucci suitcase from the Elle/Gucci photo shoot (3,800$ if I remember well) must not be that common among fans. But I'm sure that there are a few (and the custom officers must wonder why).

Here's a QianBaiwan fanart picture to celebrate post n°5000 and the author's arrival in Sendai:

Yes, I meant rather those similar to Yuzuru's private one, which he unpacked so gracefully for Elle and which he would bring along for competitions / shows /photoshoots carrying his necessities in it :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This must be so funny to have whole planes arriving full of strangers wearing the same clothes (and maybe some of them have also the same backpacks and the same suitcases.... :laugh:
And another one from Shangai! This is so adorable, especially as the first customs officers clearly knows who all the merchandise is about - he's seen a lot of it! And even in China, the airport staff are seeing it.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Someone noted that this will be the first Requiem performed at home... and at one of the venues which acted at a morgue after the earthquake. So sad, but lovely that fans are already talking about supporting him especially during this moment.

It hasn't even started, and I know I'll be crying (Requiem does this to me....)

Magill

Record Breaker
Just like in the previous shows, those arriving today at the venue for Re-Pray in Miyagi are welcomed by a recording of Yuzuru at the hallway.
This time he says: "“Hello, I’m Hanyu Yuzuru. Thanks for coming to RE_PRAY Tour in Miyagi. I’m very happy to be able to perform in my hometown. I’ll be skating with all my heart and soul again this time, so I hope you’ll find your own story and enjoy it. I’d appreciate your support till the end!"
(translation by Marika) :thank:
Here's a compilation of those messages from all the four venues he has skated in (so far?) brought together by Pep_On (wintek_eastsky), thank you :thank:
You can click on the post to hear Yuzu speaking :)
Fingers crossed for a great performance and Yuzuru being happy at the end of it!

Magill

Record Breaker
A short vid has been published with Yuzu holding the local mascot and expressing his true excitement to perform in his hometown, a rare pleasure for him. He looks truly happy and relaxed before the Miyagi performances :love:
I am sure lots of his friends, old friends and family will be there for him apart from the typical fan crowd :)
In accordance with recent changes on the Insta, you need to click on the post to start it running (no arrow shown to make it more intuitive which I find a step backward and a nuisance, TBH)

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
A short vid has been published with Yuzu holding the local mascot and expressing his true excitement to perform in his hometown, a rare pleasure for him. He looks truly happy and relaxed before the Miyagi performances :love:
I am sure lots of his friends, old friends and family will be there for him apart from the typical fan crowd :)
In accordance with recent changes on the Insta, you need to click on the post to start it running (no arrow shown to make it more intuitive which I find a step backward and a nuisance, TBH)

But then, that's even "worse" (in a Mascot Drama sense) than what had been published before! We don't know Pooh's opinion on the matter (I saw one on the photo, by the rink) but clearly, Gatagoro isn't taking it well at all:
https://twitter.com/gatagoro/status/1776892609157599321?ref_url=

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Sellout crowd, of course.... for both days.
I'm so happy that StarryNotte could come! (and relieved that that bug with the resales was solved, even if it was something like 1% of the seats, it would be a waste for many eyes and hearts if they had been empty)
Her, with fanartist Qian Baiwan, and certainly many others, "in my book" deserve more particularly to see him live. Here are some more news from Qian Baiwan, who did indeed watch Yuzuru Hanyu's cherry tree (it is said to have been quite crowded too, but fans stayed carefully away from the nemophiles):
https://twitter.com/Qian_baiwan/status/1776807234246431018?ref_url=

https://twitter.com/Qian_baiwan/status/1776614452877545873?ref_url=

They could even try zunda, and see the Yuzuru Hanyu and Shizuka Arakawa monument!

Magill

Record Breaker
Fan art is already coming in after today's show, sweet as always :)
Seems like Yuzu once again has expressed his love and gratitude for fans' hand-made banners today and fans are even more grateful for this appreciation!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Overwhelming as the first day of RE_PRAY in Miyagi may be even without streaming, today is (was) also Quasimodo's birthday. Victor Hugo chose this given name for his Hunchback of Notre-Dame, because he had him found the day of Quasimodo, a common nickname for the Second Sunday of Easter, that is, today. It's the beginning of the first sentence of the Latin Mass (and also, I think, of the service for part of the Lutheran and Anglican), which says "As newborn babies, long for the rational milk without guile, that thereby you may grow unto salvation", this day being when most adult converts would receive Baptism.
This is Yuzuru Hanyu's interpretation in his Encore of the last day of Fantasy on Ice, which, as he had decided a very short time before, was to be his last skate as a competitive skater. This is why the "Dance one more time for me" words of the song, were so appropriate and so emotional. I love too, how Yuzuru Hanyu manages to convey the idea of being hunchback without curving his back, just by his head inclinations and expressions. Hes a genius.

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Hmmm... I must be into a lecturing mood? There's better. Professor Campbell, from Waseda University (Yuzuru Hanyu's alma mater), and professor emeritus at Tokyo University, attended RE_PRAY in Miyagi Day 1:
https://twitter.com/rcampbelltokyo/status/1776949013520248931?ref_url=

He's not a Physics professor, so his opinion that ice should have melted may not be another proof that Yuzuru Hanyu ignores the laws of Physics?

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker