Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
David was on a cloud the whole time, you could see how proud and happy he was to be asked to do it :biggrin:
Very understandably so : a small cast of gorgeous skaters, one of them also an esteemed colleague by the way, produced by the GOAT, so the focus was on beauty, and while they probably didn't all know each other very well, this like-mindedness seems to have generated a friendly group effect, which mustn't happen often in Figure Skating. Add to this, Yuzuru Hanyu's warm heart, I have the impression that David Wilson is very sensitive to it. He was literally beaming all along! (Plus, let's be petty, he was IN, THE multiple cast event of the season, that after having been one choreographer in Prologue and GIFT, with all the "first ever" that go with it.)

Here's a video of Yuzuru Hanyu's segment in News Every yesterday, automatic translation is available:

From Ajinomoto, I have the impression that this is a new camera angle of a previous commercial:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Here's the official group photo on Notte Stellata site:

And, Disney+ Japan has extended the availability of GIFT; so, for the subscribers to Disney+ anywhere (if you connect from Japan or from a VPN set on Japan), even those who subscribe in the next days, you can watch replays of GIFT as you want until the end of the month.

Magill

Record Breaker
Here's the official group photo on Notte Stellata site:

And, Disney+ Japan has extended the availability of GIFT; so, for the subscribers to Disney+ anywhere (if you connect from Japan or from a VPN set on Japan), even those who subscribe in the next days, you can watch replays of GIFT as you want until the end of the month.

That is great news from Disney+ Japan.
Yet the best solution would be for Disney+ just to save everyone the fuss of going for VPN and pretending to be in Japan and just make the GIFT a part of its internationally available core offer. Indefinitely.
Would save everyone a lot of trouble and bring DIsney+ many grateful customers. Disney, can you hear me? :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Disney will be crunching the numbers even now (as will the company that ran the international stream) and the fact that they compensated for the problem with an extra two weeks of GIFT is encouraging for next time.

(Of course now we all have the old familiar joy of working out how to access Japanese TV for SOI and FAoI.)

Magill

Record Breaker
Here we have Italian Eurosport commentators - Max Ambesi and Francesco Paone - discussing the GIFT (and some other more general issues) on Sport2U - with English subtitles. Thought it might be interesting to some of you :)

Magill

Record Breaker
And here's info on another behind-the-scenes TV doc, this time on Prologue, to be aired by the end of April, Saturday 29th.
I do not remember posted it here, as there was soo much happening recently!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Japanese press and media know what sells :biggrin: though I suspect they were also astonished at the sheer size of GIFT's success (even the sponsors, who are trying to keep up with demand for products and merchandise)

And he's really been keeping us on the hop, hasn't he? When you think back to all those months of silence when he was competitive and would simply vanish... and now SOI starts at the end of the month.

Magill

Record Breaker
The Japanese press and media know what sells :biggrin: though I suspect they were also astonished at the sheer size of GIFT's success (even the sponsors, who are trying to keep up with demand for products and merchandise)

And he's really been keeping us on the hop, hasn't he? When you think back to all those months of silence when he was competitive and would simply vanish... and now SOI starts at the end of the month.
And they will also show Prologue itself, Day 2, from Hachinohe, on 26 March, which is just next Sunday...
Seems like a real Yuzu festival with each TV trying to give and get their proper share of the cake :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
An exposition of Satomi Ito's works in Kyoto, with sketches and samples of fabric:

Here's a pretty fanart:

I think a LOT of fans would buy that figurine, I think it's based on nendoroids (Ive seen them for TV shows like The Untamed) and is perfect. I would!

Satomi's costumes for his shows were wonderful, I mean that Firebird one which he wore for what, four minutes? - but no expense or effort was spared, and the Spirited Away is now firmly one of my favourite costumes of all, and not just of Yuzu's.