2015 Worlds Men Short Program March 27 | Page 73 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Men Short Program March 27

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Kori is so striking with that make-up on (glam goth), never saw her like that. she appears to be a hipster type.

I was a little disappointed in no Rohene, they make such a lovely package to look at.

Kori, knows what she is doing, my better half started calling her "the hot coach" as soon as he saw Riverdance. No reason not to look good when you know you will be seen.

Just another reason I love team Koro.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Kori is my model in how to get rid of pregnancy weight. You wouldn't know she gave birth to two daughters, LOL.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I was a little disappointed in no Rohene, they make such a lovely package to look at.

Kori, knows what she is doing, my better half started calling her "the hot coach" as soon as he saw Riverdance. No reason not to look good when you know you will be seen.

Just another reason I love team Koro.

yeah team koro
kori is totally cool. she rocks the K&C :rock: she used to do this :rock: hand sign at K&C as well.;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Javi was alone in his brilliance. :clap: A crappy competition otherwise, but he made up for it. I would've given him more credit for TR and P/E. Funny how I found him overscored all year long, with baffling TES and PCS for messy programs... then he comes to Worlds, goes clean, and can't even score a SB. Did his Europeans performances drop his stock? I recognize that his jumps and spins are weaker than Yuzuru (or even Denis Ten), but considering he went clean while others faltered, I'd have him first. Also, seems like keeping the 4S paid off; quite a few clean 4S landed, yet everyone who went for 4T messed up except the Australian guy (who must feel pretty pissed to end up behind someone with two pops).

Yuzuru was great outside of the quad, but... *sigh* again no clean Chopin. Sometimes the best programs just don't get a clean skate.

I guess Denis really did leave his best skates on 4CC ice, but I wouldn't count him out of the title race just yet. He skated an even worse SP at the Olympics, looked to be out of medal contention... then a bunch of people crashed out and Javi failed math, so there he was on the podium.

Good job from Sergei! If anyone could've followed Javi without melting down, it was him.

Han Yan delivered a pretty solid skate. :) But could China retain two spots even if he finishes in the Top 6? Nan Song didn't even quality for the free... (not that his skate was atrocious, but the points just didn't work out, and crashing in the StSq of all things didn't help).

Nice to see Florent deliver, with a 4S to boot! I wonder what his score could've been, had he skated in the final group and not lost precious levels.

Mura, Kozuka... :hopelessness: I have no words. Darn it, Tatsuki, why did you leave?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Han Yan delivered a pretty solid skate. :) But could China retain two spots even if he finishes in the Top 6? Nan Song didn't even quality for the free... (not that his skate was atrocious, but the points just didn't work out, and crashing in the StSq of all things didn't help).

As long as Han Yan stays in the top 10, China will keep two spots. All competitors who don't make the free skate get 18 points. All those who do get at least 16 points (if they don't finish higher than that).

Bumdid

Record Breaker
For a skating country, CBC's broadcast has some weird misinformation. I think they also said that Elena R was the grand prix champion last year when the GPF broadcast went up

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Mhm, the mens competition was far from perfect, but I don't really think it was a splatfest (at least for they're standards) ;)
But maybe that's because most of my faves did well...

I'm really sorry for Josh, but he still performed beautifully and there's still the LP. I'm sure he can pull up to the top 10, which isn't top 5 like he wanted to get, but still good considering this is his first WC. Just hoping he isn't too harsh on himself, but maybe it will help him in the LP. And he was so cute in the KnC :laugh:
Hanee kept it together really well! There was (and still is) so much pressure on him, but he skated really good. I predicted him to make the podium, and he really has a shot now. And he's soooooooooo cute performing his programs this season. And when he looked so happy and proud afterwards! Like the definition of adorkable, really.
One of the best things today: Jasons 3A. YES! That is why you trust Kori when she says they worked on something! The GOE he got were higher than what he got all season, and rightfully so. Maybe the best 3A he ever did so far. Overall, he's also the only one of my favorites that doesn't make me go into anxiety mode when he's on. He's so reliable and it's a way more important quality then some people make it out to be. On a shallow note: glad to hear others think Kori is stunning. She's always gorgeous, but today she was plain wow! She would make me question my sexuality if I was straight :biggrin:

Also Javi and Yuzu :love: Javi was great - he had so much fun and the SP reeeeaaaally suits him. And I can't say how proud I am of Yuzuru - scoring and his trouble with the 4T aside, it's ridiculous how well he did after the season he had. That big crash at CoC, now skating in that same rink again, having surgery and being of ice for 2 months, with only 3 weeks to prepare for this... nothing else to say but this is why he's a champion. And I'm so happy to see him smile like that again!

Scoring was a little all over the place - but that's nothing new. I would have had Javi in first, with maybe a point or a half in front of Yuzu. And while I usually like him, I don't manage to see at all how Voronov got 40+ PCS. He had a turn-out on his 4T - which is quite a similar mistake to Han Yan's step out on the 4T. But given the overall skating quality, I would have had Han over Voronov. DTen also got pretty generous marks - the mistake with his music at the beginning sucked and I'm sorry for him, as it seemed to really derail him, but if one only judges what he put out on the ice... he shouldn't have been higher than Voronov, Han and Jason. But the point difference is really small, so it all depends on the LP - and that's how it should be. Good luck to all the guys in the LP!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
It's actually hard on paper to put JAvier ahead of Hanyu. Would you give Hanyu lower PCS than that ? I wouldn't. Would you give Javier higher PCS ? Maybe I would, but definitely not on SS. Going to jumps. Hanyu step out from quad, but then he had 2 jump passes in 2nd half compared to Javi one, almost equal combo, and Hanyu better 3A. Better spins and steps for Hanyu, so he made up points from quad mistake over Javier on other elements really, so even if you would give Javier higher PCS he still would ended behind. I guess Hanyu PCS would go up 1-2 points from that had he landed this quad, so he would go over 100 with this performance I guess

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
when sergei chest pumps or wave:scratch:, I spilled my coffee:laugh2:, he looks like a crow in that costume.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Smart move by Kori to have Jason do some footwork before he goes into his 3axel. Before he stalked it and you could see him thinking about it but now he doesn't have all that time and just goes for it.