2016 Europeans Pairs SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Pairs SP

Reynnou

On the Ice
A/R's PCS are always too low :(
They deserve much better in Choreography and Interpretation...

Kinga

Medalist
I would place Austrians ahead of M/H. That program had much more interesting concept.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nathalie didn't show up for a DEU team meeting at 9PM. She told her trainer that she wouldn't be there because she had her first competition the next day and training very early in the morning. But some other official took offense by her not showing up and basically kicked her off the team. And just because that wasn't already ridiculous enough, she also had to hand over all her Team GER stuff like her jacket and whatever. Later someone higher up the food chain said that this was kind of an overreaction and that she was of course back on the team effective immediately (probably had nothing to do with the fact that she went on to kick butt in the SP)

Now, I realise this is a totally different situation, but your comment about the jackets reminded me of something I was going to point out earlier, but forgot.

When Aljona and Bruno were sitting waiting for their results, I noticed something.

The Ukrainian had the German Coat of Arms on her jacket, but the French guy had nothing.

I'm wondering if this is a visible sign of the different ways they were released by their previous federations. I can't remember any complications with Aljona's release all those years ago, but we all know that Bruno's release was very difficult.

So, is one of the terms of Bruno's release that he can't display German symbols?

Wouldn't be surprised if the French Federation were being so petty about something like this. But, there again, we saw something similar with the German Federation not allowing Ingo Steur to display their symbols (but that was because they didn't want to provide financial support to him because of his past).

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker
Now, I realise this is a totally different situation, but your comment about the jackets reminded me of something I was going to point out earlier, but forgot.

When Aljona and Bruno were sitting waiting for their results, I noticed something.

The Ukrainian had the German Coat of Arms on her jacket, but the French guy had nothing.

I'm wondering if this is a visible sign of the different ways they were released by their previous federations. I can't remember any complications with Aljona's release all those years ago, but we all know that Bruno's release was very difficult.

So, is one of the terms of Bruno's release that he can't display German symbols?

Wouldn't be surprised if the French Federation were being so petty about something like this. But, there again, we saw something similar with the German Federation not allowing Ingo Steur to display their symbols (but that was because they didn't want to provide financial support to him because of his past).

CaroLiza_fan

I don't think the French federation would have the power to prevent him from wearing the German symbols once released- pretty sure that would be up to the German federation, as in the case of Steur. I think in this case though it probably doesn't mean anything... maybe just not enough time to get a jacket with it on, even.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Goooo vanessa and Morgan!!:cheer:

But really Morgan, how can you focus when your lady looks like that?:love: