2A
LSp

Mistake on 3-3, the rest was nice.

SP: 31.93+27.15-1.00 = 58.08, 4/37

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Does anyone know what the procedure is for qualification for spots for next year if a country has 2 skaters, but one withdraws after the SP?

I believe that person has to be in the top 10, IIRC. Cause I think the person who makes the top 24 gets 18 points regardless of FS results...and you need 28 or less points for 2 spots, so 10th or higher.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Wakaba has really improved her in-betweens in her skating. Too bad about the fall.
She's become a better performer.

Perdita

Final Flight
Wakaba... that fall :( I thought her SS improved hell a lot in the past few months though. I believe she'll come back stronger in FS :hap10:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wakaba in 4th. I didn't expect that! Well unless Maria implodes in the final group, Tyler is probably out of the final group.

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
I know I am going to get flack for this comment but I don't care. Why is it that the USA ladies get held up? Of those that have skated and qualified so far for the FS only 3 have had falls - the skater in 13th place (at the moment) and the 2 USA ladies who are sitting 3rd and 4th! Just seems a little strange to me.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Wakaba tried to be Medvedeva but guess what? No luck. So much for saying that backloading jumps in SP is easy and skaters do not do it just for choreo reasons.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I believe that person has to be in the top 10, IIRC. Cause I think the person who makes the top 24 gets 18 points regardless of FS results...and you need 28 or less points for 2 spots, so 10th or higher.

True, yeah, I wasn't thinking about the 18 points for qualifying for the FS. I knew that they wouldn't just count the remaining skater's placement, but forgot about the 18 points thing.. Then the top 10 would be correct to give them the 28 or less for maintaining 2 spots.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I know I am going to get flack for this comment but I don't care. Why is it that the USA ladies get held up? Of those that have skated and qualified so far for the FS only 3 have had falls - the skater in 13th place (at the moment) and the 2 USA ladies who are sitting 3rd and 4th! Just seems a little strange to me.

Because they did enough everywhere else. And the US Ladies aren't the only ones who can make up points despite falls. It's not 6.0.

janav

On the Ice
Hunger Games music is certainly interesting idea for a program, but I cannot stand this arrangement

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
39 Matilda ALGOTSSON (SWE)

Music: The Hanging Tree - Rebel remix by James Newton Howard

Black sparkly dress, tights

3S+COMBO - hand down, stepout
2F
FSSp
2A - twofoot, hand down/stepout
LSp
StSq
CCoSp3p

Costly jump mistakes

SP: 19.61+21.39 = 41.00. 24/38

Last edited:

Ekm

On the Ice

+Wakaba now. I don't think I would say that Bradie was held up, her PCS seems rather reasonable. I'm sure there are a bunch if UR among the other ladies, fair or not UR kill you way more than falls these days.