2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies FS

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
If it's just a doubled lutz and singled axel, her skate still could be considered successful after the time she lost without training. Well done Polina! I need to see her skate now, hope the videos are uploaded quickly!

maea14

On the Ice
this is just like what happen in yokohama.. only russian will medal juat like how it is in yokohama where only japanese will medal..

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
this is just like what happen in yokohama.. only russian will medal juat like how it is in yokohama where only japanese will medal..

At least Japanese ladies skated clean. Yuna was obviously robbed tho........

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
My thoughts exactly. Absurd. :rolleye:

Canadian, Australian and Japanese judges did the same last week for the russians.

I'm not surprised about that, even though i'm not 100% sure Yuna deserved the bronze as much as Sofia deserved the silver or the bronze in Yokohama.

Surprised instead to see Polina struggling a bit: she is not completely on form yet, but i like her programs a lot.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Thank God this competition is over! God that stream was the worst in centuries!
Congrats to the winners!

emzdeluxe

On the Ice
Russia to Japan "it's payback time"[emoji23][emoji23] but i feel sad for Alisa F and Yuna though,they're not 100% ok yet and they're being sent to tough events..I have this feeling that they got screwed pretty bad..[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I think it's all right to put Liza and Polina over Yuna in the FS, although I'm not so sure about Stanislava.

But hey, Liza won the FS! :agree:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm here just to ask, anyone in the club "OMG I adore whoever did a makeover for Polina?"
Her dress is love! :luv17:

sarama

Medalist
Yuna's expression at the end was heart-breaking, she knew she couldn't afford mistakes, poor girl. After all this mess I hope they stop giving three spots for the host federation... It's disgusting to see how Yuna S and Alisa were treated like "sacrificial victims" by their own feds, and like garbage by the judges, only to play a stupid rivalry game between federations:bang:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Only the 3Lz, according to protocol.

Take a look at the jumps, she underrotated more of her triples than she actually rotated...

I don't mean to be rude, I really like Nugu, but her jumps really, really need work. Hopefully she'll fix them.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
It would be a big judging mess if Yuna S were clean and left out of podium but not now. She had a fall and a step-out. With 10% extra it cost her more than 5 points.

Nugumanova being clean has a good gap so that even extra 2 URs (which I believe were there) would not change the placement.

And Konstantinova had a big gap after SP so that even if she was overscored Yuna S could not beat her. So she just has to blame herself for the mistakes which came out of nowhere.

All in all it's not like Samodurova's placing out the podium last week where she was IMO lowballed vs. Yamashito.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I don't know, maybe the bronze: behind Yuna in the FS but third overall (she had 4-5 points more after the SP)

I know her SP point ahead of Yuna S., but the FS performance alone was...just the worst of the final group.

However, her getting a medal is not shocking any more. Polina's broken consistency is....:palmf: Her consistency last season was like a unreachable fortress. The program and the dress are beautiful though.