2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies FS

Meoima

Match Penalty
Take a look at the jumps, she underrotated more of her triples than she actually rotated...
I don't mean to be rude, I really like Nugu, but her jumps really, really need work. Hopefully she'll fix them.
Nugumanova is young enough to move to ice dance, she can sell programs.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
However, her getting a medal is not shocking any more. Polina's broken consistency is....:palmf: Her consistency last season was like a unreachable fortress. The program and the dress are beautiful though.

Why is it shocking? She's human, not a machine. The SP was just about flawless and she popped 2 jumps in the FS...after losing months of training time. Nobody can be perfect all of the time.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Why is it shocking? She's human, not a machine. The SP was just about flawless and she popped 2 jumps in the FS...after losing months of training time. Nobody can be perfect all of the time.

Considering Marin also was struggling last week, at this point maybe the door is open for Alina Zagitova.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Polinas sad face at the end... :sad21:

But she came back from injury, she has the growth to deal with, it's early in the season - that was by no means a disaster skate given all that. It's fine to need a bit of time to get back into the groove.
The jumps she landed were still :love:, and her skating is still so much better than last season. Overall a great JGP comeback! I can't wait for her next event :cheer:

Nathan13

Medalist
It would be a big judging mess if Yuna S were clean and left out of podium but not now. She had a fall and a step-out. With 10% extra it cost her more than 5 points.

Nugumanova being clean has a good gap so that even extra 2 URs (which I believe were there) would not change the placement.

And Konstantinova had a big gap after SP so that even if she was overscored Yuna S could not beat her. So she just has to blame herself for the mistakes which came out of nowhere.

All in all it's not like Samodurova's placing out the podium last week where she was IMO lowballed vs. Yamashito.
Forgot about Konstatinova's cushion from the SP. I think PCS definitely helped the Russian ladies. I agree they were far superior artistically than Yuna. Ah well, hopefully the stream works better as the season progresses so we can watch more objectively.

Nathan13

Medalist
Polinas sad face at the end... :sad21:

But she came back from injury, she has the growth to deal with, it's early in the season - that was by no means a disaster skate given all that. It's fine to need a bit of time to get back into the groove.
The jumps she landed were still :love:, and her skating is still so much better than last season. Overall a great JGP comeback! I can't wait for her next event :cheer:
I'm really interested to see how she does at Russian Nationals this year. I'm going to predict this far out that she makes the podium, at least.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Considering Marin also was struggling last week, at this point maybe the door is open for Alina Zagitova.

I'm sorry, but it shouldn't be if the judges would actually look at things like skating quality. Marin and especially Polina are so much better than Alina.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
strange as it is but Nugumanova never underrotates on her 3Lo-3Lo
it is her money jump since forever.

yeah i think this is why she won't have so much chances this season, with the new rules she can't put the 3lo-3lo in the SP as she did last season, and her 3ltz-3t is UR most of the time.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Her 3lz-3t is her money jump, so the degree of shock may differ. When Eteri said she is fully ready, I expected her dominant comeback although her height and injury were something to be reminded.

bluelutz

On the Ice
Since I had expected the Russian sweep, it was not any surprise,
but not this way.

Originally I predicted Polina was going to have a big win,
and Liz would be second with a clean beautiful skate except a few URs,
then Konstantinova would be 3rd with near clean one,
and YunaS would be 4th with one mistake, but YunaS could be 3rd with clean one.

However, the reality was very underwhelming unlike in Yokohama.
Polina and Stanislava had very disappointing FS,
Also I realized that Stanislava is a very stiff skater.
Liz had an impressive one as usual but too many URs or near URs (still my favorite)

I think the placements is right, but the competition itself was not something I expected,
especially after the spectacular one in Yokohama.
Kokoro was the most clean, which I did not expect at all.

And after seeing Polina, I think Marin has a chance to beat her this season.
Polina is not 100% back to her last year's form.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
yeah i think this is why she won't have so much chances this season, with the new rules she can't put the 3lo-3lo in the SP as she did last season, and her 3ltz-3t is UR most of the time.

yes, this change of layout clearly hurt her chances, her only good 3-3 is the loop2X and she needs to do it solo loop in SP.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I think the placements is right, but the competition itself was not something I expected,
especially after the spectacular one in Yokohama.
Kokoro was the most clean, which I did not expect at all.

And after seeing Polina, I think Marin has a chance to beat her this season.
Polina is not 100% back to her last year's form.

a clean Gubanova will beat both...