2016 Skate Canada Ladies SP | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Ladies SP

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
76+ for Zhenia. The score inflation craze doesn't drop a bead of sweat.

A very high chance of someome renewing a world record in the FS and beating Kim's 228.53 for the TSS.

Funny thing. Only Liza and Mao can break the SP world record. I give Liza the higher odds. Mao... not realistic to break anything at the obvious dusk of one's career.

What inflation? as i said it before, Evgenia built those scores: at GPF last season she got 74.54, at Worlds 73 with a small mistake on the flip, so her score is coherent.

Kaetlyn and Satoko's scores are something that comes out of nowhere, actually.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Has Tracy pointed Evgenia's flexibility and the skating skills?
She started slow on purpose because of the layout of the program, she needs the energy to land all the jumps at the very end.
Then she shouldn't get much GOE for her step sequence.

Rissa

Record Breaker
THAT is what bothers me about EM. She is soooo THIN. Is that healthy for a girl her age? Get that girl a cheese burger!

Have you ever been to an european clothes store specializing in clothes for teenagers? I always wonder who the heck can squeeze into those jeans but yep, there are quite a number of lanky girls.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Sitting in arena, I'm okay with the placements. Seems to be some massive over scoring going on here, especially on Osmond & Medvedeva.

acronycal0730

Rinkside
Zhenya is so stunning! I didn't feel this program that much in test skate. But her performance here touched me. Also, love the dress :luv17:

noidont

Final Flight
Liza isn't that fast this season (horrendous choreography, nothing to do with her ability). Evgenia has never been very fast. She milks her points with transitions and busy choreography. Speed isn't the most important factor. Joshi Helgesson is occasionally crazy fast but it doesn't mean she has great SS.

:drama: The skategods really suck, such terrible people with no mercy. They can all just stuff it til next Thursday morning.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I agree with the placements although my predictions fall apart. I was mesmerised by Medvedeva, plain and simple. It's the magic on ice. Osmond is the firm second. Liza was clean but it was clear that skating wise she is much behind Medvedeva and Osmond. I feel for Satoko but looks like tech panels this year won't be lenient any longer. And as I have not seen anything from my good friend chuckm this time it means that there are no slavic names to speculate about.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Evgenia's program isn't the most exhilarating or beautiful, but in terms of the technical program, she executed the elements superbly.

Kaetlyn had a small stumble, and Medvedeva used the bonus... so the scores are fine. I'd probably ideally have Kaetlyn at about 72.5 points and Medvedeva around a 74.5, but the difference between them is appropriate. Other than Rika, I thought the scoring was actually pretty fair.

Daniel1998

Final Flight

She started slow on purpose because of the layout of the program, she needs the energy to land all the jumps at the very end.

Tracy said many positive things about Evgenia and said her speed was the only criticism that came to mind.
I also found her step sequence in particular slower than some of the other contenders. It doesn't matter that she may have been saving energy for the jumps- her step sequence was simply slower and should be noted.
I'm still happy with the overall placements though, Evgenia and Kaetlyn deserve to be 1 and 2.

keasus

On the Ice
Exploiting the 9/11 tragedy in her LP. On behalf of my friend who died that day. Though you have a fine reason too. :)

Oh God, I forgot about that. I saw her long at one of the early competitions and completely erased it from my mind. I can imagine the pain it must cause for you. Sending you a virtual hug! We must never forget.

juannico08

Spectator
Well they're not getting it ;)

AFAICR no one else get 37+ in the Short before or since, but might be wrong

No, Carolina still has the highest PCS, and I really would love it to stay like that for a longer time because that program was so perfect :love:
And I'm very nervous about Evgenia breaking Mao's record, Mao's my favorite skater and I hope she'll improve her record someday, i just hope it...

BlackAxel

Final Flight
With the way these judges are gifting Evgenia with high PCS scores, anything can happen ... sadly.

janav

On the Ice

That's an interesting point and makes sense but it just doesn't look good in my eyes. Because the overall impression screams slow skating.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker

Lol, in an SP?
Girl can throw a clean LP with 3-3 jumps in her sleep. I don't think energy is the first thing she is worried about.