2017 World Ladies SP | Page 101 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies SP

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Gutted for Zijun, quite gutted, floored, teary eyed.
Welcome back Carolina Kostner = the good, bad and the ugly
Congratulations Canadian Ladies, podium finish not out of the question. Love you both! Let's not eff it up in the FS pls? Especially you Osmond.
Dabin vs Sotskova in PCS = Difference of a Power fed vs no power fed
Best moment of the day: Lizabet's Mum in KnC

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
YES. That crowd when she posed before her StSq. GET IT GURL.

Le boyfriend who knows nothing about FS said she was the best of the night.

Off to bed after her scores. Almost 3:30AM on Oahu.

Ah are we talking skating or as it to aesthetics??? LOL

atsumiri

Record Breaker
My mom (casual viewer) thinks that Medvedeva is much better than any other else... She says that She has Some qualities that makes her stand out (hands over the head while jumping, jumps in the second half only)... After having seen her jumping the 2a She said: ''The SP format is not challenging enough for a skater like this...''
lool. My mom said almost the same)

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
After reading many nice comments about Canadian ladies year round it's nice to read some very nice comments about Canadian ladies today.

No matter what happens in the FS having today's results is a step in the right direction. It's recovery to the potential that was shown previously. It's Gabby finally getting a hang on that 3Lz and Kaetlyn holding on to that 2A. Both girls were also timing themselves correctly. Well done.

Would have liked to see more PCS for Wakababy, Dabin, and Elizabet. Little Bet's showing a lot of improvement from last year's SP. A top 10 finish would be really nice to see for both Dabin & Elizabet to help their countries get 2 spots for next season.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yep, Anna just didn't get the GOEs this time. Didn't get the free leg out in her jumps fast enough or not a lot of ride out, and the spins were just a bit slower today. But she's still one of my favorites to podium.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I missed Karen Chen's skate--the feed froze. But I saw the recap. Her spiral is my everything. I hope she can keep it together in the long program.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations ladies that was a really enjoyable 6 hour long journey with your amazing performances! I loved top 6, they tried to bring their bests - unfortunately my favourite Anna lost some points on the TES. Still the best performance of the night for me!! Such a queen, diva, goddess! Of course it's a matter of personal preferences. Evgenia, Gabby and Katelyn were very awesome in their own ways.

My special congratulations to the skaters who did really good job in the earlier groups but couldn't qualify like Yu from Singapore, Halvin of Estonia and Brazillian lady Isadora. We don't have a successful Turkish ladies skater since Tugba Karademir but these skaters from smaller federations made me so proud and happy. Don't forget, each and every skater at this competition are national heroes for their countries. There is a lot of passion and sacrifices behind this 2.50 min SPs especially if you have worse conditions for figure skating in your country. Well done for your determination ladies!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I wonder what a certain 'CAN supporter' poster will have to say about 2 Can women in the top 3 after the short! :) Is this history for CAN to actually have 2 ladies skating in the final group after the short! I think they came close once with Josee and Karen but I think Karen was dumped out of the top 6 in favor of the top contenders who didn't skate as well.

I have to say, the same thought crossed my mind, Sackie. So much for his home-ice advantage theory. Respect to both our Canadians ladies!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Gutted for Zijun, quite gutted, floored, teary eyed.
Welcome back Carolina Kostner = the good, bad and the ugly
Congradulations Canadian Ladies, podium finish not out of the question. Love you both! Let's not eff it up in the FS pls? Especially you Osmond.
Dabin vs Sotskova in PCS = Difference of a Power fed vs no power fed
Best moment of the day: Lizabet's Mum in KnC

a bland quite boring skater vs a much mature and polished one.

In the stsq especially you can see how Maria is using the edges way more than Dabin. (still a good skater the korean but she needs a better packaging in my opinion)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's a wrap! Now to await the Free... :hap10:

:thank: for your work on the tables and supplying them so quickly! :cool14:

My screen was freezing from Ashley forward, and I so appreciate this. Now to go find the full performances on YT.

da96103

Record Breaker
My mom (casual viewer) thinks that Medvedeva is much better than any other else... She says that She has Some qualities that makes her stand out (hands over the head while jumping, jumps in the second half only)... After having seen her jumping the 2a She said: ''The SP format is not challenging enough for a skater like this...''

Tell your mum to wait Zagitova next year.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The top 12 of this SP were awesome. Great skating all around.
Sad for Mai. Proud of Rika and Wakaba. -Hang in there Japanese ladies. You can bring it in the FS. :ghug:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I am bit disappointed too, but there were rough moments in her program today. I also think that perhaps she got UR on -3T.

Nope. It's the GOEs. She has negative on the 3Lo, and the combo didn't get much either.