2017 World Ladies SP | Page 100 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies SP

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
How do the Japanese ladies need to place overall in order to obtain 2 spots for the Olympics & Worlds next year?
I know that for 3 spots the combined total of the top 2 skaters cannot be greater than 13. But that doesn't look good :(

Total Placement of top 2 skaters no higher than 28. Placement points are also capped at 16 for any skaters in the FS.

(If you want a handy reference, I summarized the requirements in the 2018 Spots thread)

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This is some seriously crappy camera work. What is this, a senior B?

It's indeed bad. Sometimes skaters look like dots (the way they filmed Tursynbaeva was the most blatant), they stray off to far.

Less camera from the roof please.

Icey

Record Breaker
I think Medevedeva is getting bored and needs something to challenge her. Ashley has some work to do.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Wow, this is close. Only about 10 points between 2nd and 10th place. Loved Anna's performance but Kaetlyn and Gabby had the better jumps tonight and both had stellar performances as well. Score sheet is going to be interesting. I think the top 7 will fight for the medals, Carolina is out of the mix.

Violetti

On the Ice
Medvedeva interview in Finnish TV.
It was the first time for her to skate first after warm up, so a little strange for her. Hands up in the second jump in combination was quite new for her, she was happy she did it. When ask what her goal was in this competition, she said clean skates and have fun. A gold medal? was asked but she repeated clean skates and have fun.

lady_bee

Medalist
I am happy that Rika's finally got PCS she deserves; however that PCS is higher than Wakaba?
I need to check protocols.....

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
China can't get two?

Right now, Xiangning Li is 16th, so 16 placement points. Zijun Li is 20th, so 16 placement points (since they're capped at 16 for skaters qualifying for the FS). That's a total of 32, while 28 or less is required for 2 spots. It'll be tough for them to get 2, since Zijun moving up spots won't even have an effect on their total placement points unless she rises above 16th place.

Sackie

Medalist
I wonder what a certain 'CAN supporter' poster will have to say about 2 Can women in the top 3 after the short! :) Is this history for CAN to actually have 2 ladies skating in the final group after the short! I think they came close once with Josee and Karen but I think Karen was dumped out of the top 6 in favor of the top contenders who didn't skate as well.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
So, evgenia is stuck around 79. If she wants that 80+ shee needs to step up her BV ---> no loop : flip/lutz
Canada did great, so did russia, It's close ! Anna had tiny but I think costly mistakes.
Ashley's choreo could have been better, but I thought her PCS would have been higher.
3 points between 3rd and 7th place means THE BATTLE IS ON :hopelessness:

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm not getting my hopes up about 3 spots for American ladies just yet. I need Karen Chen to surprise me (again) by skating 2 clean programs back to back like she did at Nationals.

This was Mai's chance to capitalize on her 4CCs win and make a case for her being taken seriously by Japanese fed. Nope.

Wakaba = underscored.

Evgenia = overscored (though she is rightfully in first, obv, but Kaetlyn's SP is soooooooo well-done and well-interpreted).

Actually surprised to see Karen scored fairly and not held down. If she backs up her SP with a clean LP like she did at Nationals, she'll move into the Olympic season as a US team favorite.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Total Placement of top 2 skaters no higher than 28. Placement points are also capped at 16 for any skaters in the FS.

(If you want a handy reference, I summarized the requirements in the 2018 Spots thread)

Thanks!!

berry8

Final Flight
My mom (casual viewer) thinks that Medvedeva is much better than any other else... She says that She has Some qualities that makes her stand out (hands over the head while jumping, jumps in the second half only)... After having seen her jumping the 2a She said: ''The SP format is not challenging enough for a skater like this...''

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
quality of landings and one spin was wobbly

yes but we can't pass the fact that she had an harder combo than Gabby Daleman. Similar situation to Sochi 2014 ladies SP with Adelina getting an higher TES despite the lower bv thanks to the crazy GOEs.