2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies FS | Page 49 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies FS

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Alina but absolutely nobody can convince me she deserves 70 in PCS for this program, let alone above 70 where it will go soon :confused2:

I’m not getting sucked into a PCS discussion in an after event thread. Im not bothered by her marks any more than anyone else’s TBH.

🍿

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Thank you! If a more mature skater wants to win then she will have to skate better.

I don't even think it matters at this point.

It may be a bit late, but China should just learn from Russia, to state sponsor an army of backloading jumping bean bots training from age 5. Only select skinny tiny girls with little skinny parents allowed, doing nothing but 100 jump drills a day backloading with meaningless tanos/rippons that add nothing to the choreography, and only ever have to practice the expression of 'look happy, look sad'. Once age reaches 12, send to a factory processing plant who put together music package can accommodate time wasting first half, jump drill highlight in the 2nd half. With Junior program/style that requires literally zero interpreting and projection as long as they #include crazy Shaolin contortionist routine in an effort to look busy and difficult (except to anyone has knowledge with dance and movements should know it is far harder to present controlled and refined maturity that can deliver purpose and meaning in choreography.)

Keep the same junior program for 3 years just so you can stay consistent, let others waste their effort to learn new programs. You just have to keep to your one trick pony, to ensure that trick would receive the far bigger reward over all other tricks. While change rule and place limitations to minimise all other tricks.

Next year, just add the younger bot replicant with updated patches. Reduced interpretation criteria to the pace of a dog's whistle - jump on cue, suited the judging standard of a dog show, who only seems to care about the nationality/breed. Might as well send off million to buy off ISU and only put in own people to in charge of all the rule changes, bonus changes and scale values changes, while only update own federation ahead of time to train for the optimal strategy + of course, place insiders judges in other federations who can work and trade favours with your own.

Beijing 2022 is coming? Would China ever want to buy the sport like Russia have done? Or are their ego not as fragile as Putin's plan for new world order.

pearly

Record Breaker
I hope Alina (and Evgenia for that matter) don't fall off the grid after these Olympics like so many Russian skaters do. I would love to see Alina still competing in 5-6 years when her skating is more mature and polished and less choppy. Of course it's like that now - she's still young and that is always the case.

moriel

Record Breaker

It may be a bit late, but China should just learn from Russia, to state sponsor an army of backloading jumping bean bots training from age 5. Only select skinny tiny girls with little skinny parents allowed, doing nothing but 100 jump drills a day backloading with meaningless tanos/rippons that add nothing to the choreography, and only ever have to practice the expression of 'look happy, look sad'. Once age reaches 12, send to a factory processing plant who put together music package can accommodate time wasting first half, jump drill highlight in the 2nd half. With Junior program/style that requires literally zero interpreting and projection as long as they #include crazy Shaolin contortionist routine in an effort to look busy and difficult (except to anyone has knowledge with dance and movements should know it is far harder to present controlled and refined maturity that can deliver purpose and meaning in choreography.)

Keep the same junior program for 3 years just so you can stay consistent, let others waste their effort to learn new programs. You just have to keep to your one trick pony, to ensure that trick would receive the far bigger reward over all other tricks. While change rule and place limitations to minimise all other tricks.

Next year, just add the younger bot replicant with updated patches. Reduced interpretation criteria to the pace of a dog's whistle - jump on cue, suited the judging standard of a dog show, who only seems to care about the nationality/breed. Might as well send off million to buy off ISU and only put in their people to in charge of all the rule changes, bonus changes and scale values changes, while only update own federation ahead of time to train for the optimal strategy + of course, place insiders judges in other federations who can work and trade favours with your own.

Beijing 2022 is coming? Would China ever want to buy the sport like Russia have done? Or are their ego not as fragile as Putin's plan for new world order.

"Keep the same junior program for 3 years just so you can stay consistent, let others waste their effort to learn new programs"
Ummm who out of russians kept same program for 3 years? Because basically, many top skaters (including Ashley, Kaetlyn and so on) kept their old programs, and i really dont see why you chose to be so partial and only bash russians for such things.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
"Keep the same junior program for 3 years just so you can stay consistent, let others waste their effort to learn new programs"
Ummm who out of russians kept same program for 3 years? Because basically, many top skaters (including Ashley, Kaetlyn and so on) kept their old programs, and i really don't see why you chose to be so partial and only bash russians for such things.

They didn't receive such incredible high PCS boost from a junior program? For keeping the same program? Or in fact who has in the history of this sport? Name one?

Viiktoruu

On the Ice

Next year, just add the younger bot replicant with updated patches. Reduced interpretation criteria to the pace of a dog's whistle - jump on cue, suited the judging standard of a dog show, who only seems to care about the nationality/breed. Might as well send off million to buy off ISU and only put in their people to in charge of all the rule changes, bonus changes and scale values changes, while only update own federation ahead of time to train for the optimal strategy + of course, place insiders judges in other federations who can work and trade favours with your own.

:laugh2:

:whack:

yyyskate

Record Breaker

Genius!

great job to all ladies skates.:) Great job Alina, nice sb score; Elizabet Tsurnaybeva great job, Maria Sotskova Great job. congrats to all medalist and Alina, & Kaetlyn for making into the Gp final

- - - Updated - - -

:hap10: to all skaters and team who posted personal, season best. great job.

russianfan

Match Penalty
so it's Putin's plan for conquering the world via figure skating :biggrin: some nice theories here, thx for making my day :laugh: :agree:

This Kazakh aka Russian judge looks either quality challenged or is just a sleeper cell of Russia beginning to rear its ugly head.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Ok. They made the bonus points system of the jumps at the second half, because skaters had all the jumps early in the program. Now skaters leave all the jumps to second half, just to get bonus points. System must be changed again. It is boring to watch to minutes with no jump. Elements should be in balance during the program.

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
Whats with the dollar store bachelorette party stars instead of medals? Like why even bother someone they could have finally allowed Alina to hold her plushy on the podium!

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Congrats Alina! So much negativity after the SP, the nerves/pressure is catching up, etc, and all I was thinking was "She missed a jump, big deal! She'll still probably get first overall because Osmond has never skated a clean program!" I do think that this was Alina's best performance.

Sotskova. Wow. I prefer Tsurskaya, but if she skates like this more often I have no problem with her being on the Olympic team. I do hope Polina wins SkAm next week. Four Russians in the GPF is awesome.

Osmond. I really like her skating. Wonderful posture, big jumps, clean edges. I'm glad she's just SKATING to music from Swan Lake rather than INTERPRETING Swan Lake. The less swan from her the better. Just skate clean.

jan

On the Ice
[
Yes....and your point is? Please look at what makes an effective transition.

QUOTE=Grin;1856157]Osmong got higher score than Alina in transitions :scratch2:[/QUOTE]

ITA. They tried the same thing 4 years ago with Lipnitskaya. Her PCS were going up every time she skated and by the time the Olympics came, Lipnitskaya was on par with Yuna Kim.

But then again, Julia did not win the Olympic gold medal. What if Sotnikova, Kim and Kostner had said, oh well, they have already given it to Lipnitskaya, why should I even try?

Last edited: