2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies SP

tars

Record Breaker
For instance, I don't think Wakaba is more gifted than Karen Chen. She is not, and maybe even vice versa.
But Wakaba has already 2 junior Worlds and 3 senior GP medals, while Karen none. Consistency.

If I were Karen's fan, I'd be crazy frustrated. :disapp:

winky97

Medalist
I missed the event but, WHAT happened to Karen Chen. She was looking so good in practice and with her old SP, I was expecting her to finish near the top? :shocked:

Hot mess. She had a downgraded jump that she also fell on

randomfan

Record Breaker
Seems like the caller was pretty lenient here. 9 skaters had no URs or edge calls (actually nobody even had a !). And I'm still surprised that Serafima and Satoko's combos weren't called UR. But even if they were called, the standings would still be the same anyway, with Satoko narrowly beating Kaori by 0.02.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
For instance, I don't think Wakaba is more gifted than Karen Chen. She is not, and maybe even vice versa.
But Wakaba has already 2 junior Worlds and 3 senior GP medals, while Karen none. Consistency.

If I were Karen's fan, I'd be crazy frustrated. :disapp:

Obviously Wakaba is more gifted since she's able to showcase consistency :)

geige

On the Ice
1) crowning new national champions/Olympic spots from one SP

2) finding new creative ways (but also many of the usual, of course) to put Satoko down!

gotta love it

andromache

Record Breaker
Protocols are hilarious... NO CARROTS -- except for the American ladies? :think: Judges seem very divided on Kaori's PCS. Satoko clean but virtually no GOEs on jumps.

Lol who would have expected it at Skate America of all places?

Ashley was lucky that her -3T wasn't downgraded. Still - Satoko deserved at least one carrot, if not two.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Karen needed a coaching change 2 years ago instead of the constant excuses. Her talent is undeniable, and it's being wasted.

Her constant program changes this season make me think that her boot problems that one year were more mental than anything. I wouldn't be surprised to see her put it together at Nationals but then pull a Jeremy Abbott and flail at the Olympics. Eeek. I don't know what she should do after this event though... a coaching change seems too simple for the problems she's facing. She's a riddle wrapped up in an enigma. :hopelessness:

frida80

Record Breaker
Anyone notice the black sock, bandage on Ashley's one ankle? Left it on the practice ice, maybe a big wigged about Adam. I'd rather she got her nerves out here than at Nationals or Olympics.

She had an infection on her foot a few weeks ago. She just went back to full training a week and a half ago.

But I, so over this SP. two times in a row and she’s still underrotating. I still think it’s the dress.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Just wanna say after re-watching Serafima - it's remarkable what Plushenko has done for her. Always a talented girl but he gave her a new energy.

frida80

Record Breaker
RT SO HARD on the Karen comment like what kind of coach would let her switch both programs the day before a competition?!!!?

I’m sure it couldn’t have be a day. That’s just when it was announced. She mentioned training the programs back in California and what it was like to do them again.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Judges must have been on drugs, and with blurry vision. I thought it was home cooking with Ashley, but Satoko score was also bloated. Over 70???:devil:

frida80

Record Breaker
Just wanna say after re-watching Serafima - it's remarkable what Plushenko has done for her. Always a talented girl but he gave her a new energy.

I know! I felt like after the last few seasons, Russian fed was willing to dump her. But he was willing to work with her. You can see th improvement!

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States