2018 Europeans Pairs FS | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Pairs FS

Roast Toast

Medalist
Apparently some people think J/C needed a gold-medal worthy performance to even be on the podium. Also people are really trying it with their "J/C got a PCS PB" lol both J/C and Z/E were at Skate Canada this season and at the time they received:

J/C 34.49 70.63
Z/E 31.41 63.02

And here they received:

J/C 35.44 71.03
Z/E 33.34 68.73

So yes J/C got a tiny late season PCS bump while Z/E are gifted +5 PCS in the free because why not? This scoring is ridiculous and I can't believe people are even trying to defend it.

anyanka

Record Breaker
That's why I love 4CC after all.

Yes!! And the top Chinese pairs will be there this year!

The Olympics will still be a battle to the finish between S/H and S/M (which I can't wait to see). I see T/M taking OG only if everyone else splats and they are squeaky-clean or close to it.

whatif

Medalist
I am sad for J/C BUT this competition is kind of irrelevant. None of the competitors here will be on the podium in Korea.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I am sad for J/C BUT this competition is kind of irrelevant. None of the competitors here will be on the podium in Korea.

?

Not even 3rd place ? I know D/R are pushing for it but it's going to be tough to be honest.

Roast Toast

Medalist

If at this point in the season you don't realize that the writing is on the wall for T/M to receive an individual medal -- potentially even better than bronze -- I don't know what to tell you.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The German commentator didnt like Tarasovas dress because it reminded her of a bee and 2 minutes later my husband comes home, looks at the TV and says: "Why is she dressed as a bee?" xD
A different colour might have been better.

Regarding the results, T/M won fair and square but the French deserved silver. They had less disruptive errors than S/K and a lead over them and still lost out... :( I dont feel that's right

Her dress has something of a Karnevalskostüm. :)

If I didn't love S/M so much I would almost wish T/M would win Olympic Gold with Candyman. People are just not ready for it. It will be a classic one day, and the new Turandot, Carmen, Moulin Rouge. In two decades T/M will be remembered on figure skating boards as the legendary pair that first skated to Candyman! :party2:

They are ahead of their time.

Once more for fun!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Surprising end for me - I would not see J/C behind Z/E but the scores are very close. J/C made many small mistakes or may be even not mistakes but they had several rough moments. Although their potential with this program is tremendous - let them show it at the Olympics The joy of the audience when the J/C was announced was a bit embarassing. There is some excuse for that - the pressure on Russian sports. I could sympathize with the sentiment now that Fancy Bears showed that McLaren had contacts with FBI and the only source for the whole WADA scam - Mr. Rodchenkov - just said that a number of prominent British athletes doped and were not prosecuted and London Olympics were the dirtiest of them all. With all that seeing 3 Russian flags for some people is sort of recuperation before the upcoming "athletes from Russia" business. I personally did not stay for the ceremony.

And special boos to those repeating posts about how bad the Russian crowd (implying the Russians) is. You guys yourself are no better.

moriel

Record Breaker
Apparently some people think J/C needed a gold-medal worthy performance to even be on the podium. Also people are really trying it with their "J/C got a PCS PB" lol both J/C and Z/E were at Skate Canada this season and at the time they received:

J/C 34.49 70.63
Z/E 31.41 63.02

And here they received:

J/C 35.44 71.03
Z/E 33.34 68.73

So yes J/C got a tiny late season PCS bump while Z/E are gifted +5 PCS in the free because why not? This scoring is ridiculous and I can't believe people are even trying to defend it.

Wait what?
J/C had 70 in TES at Skate Canada.
Here, they got 63, with a bunch of visible mistakes.

Meanwhile, Z/E had 60 TES at Skate Canada, and 68 here.

You know, first people complain that skates with mistakes should get lower PCs. Then people complain skates with mistakes dont get as many PCs as clean skates.
I really would love some consistency on this forum.

whatif

Medalist
?

Not even 3rd place ? I know D/R are pushing for it but it's going to be tough to be honest.

D/R will get it together I am sure and Russians are not really fighting in PAIRS this Olympic cycle. Only if everyone else bombs will Russians or French will be in top 3. Also European block INCLUDING Russians will be on Aliona's side this time, all she needs to do is to skate clean. That's why I think she wasn't in Moscow today, not because she was afraid of losing.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Surprising end for me - I would not see J/C behind Z/E but the scores are very close. J/C made many small mistakes or may be even not mistakes but they had several rough moments. Although their potential with this program is tremendous - let them show it at the Olympics The joy of the audience when the J/C was announced was a bit embarassing. There is some excuse for that - the pressure on Russian sports. I could sympathize with the sentiment now that Fancy Bears showed that McLaren had contacts with FBI and the only source for the whole WADA scam - Mr. Rodchenkov - just said that a number of prominent British athletes doped and were not prosecuted and London Olympics were the dirtiest of them all. With all that seeing 3 Russian flags for some people is sort of recuperation before the upcoming "athletes from Russia" business. I personally did not stay for the ceremony.

And special boos to those repeating posts about how bad the Russian crowd (implying the Russians) is. You guys yourself are no better.

I didn't think the crowd was being malicious, it seemed to me they were just overjoyed at seeing the sweep. And that 0.01 probably caught everyone off guard!!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Her dress has something of a Karnevalskostüm. :)

If I didn't love S/M so much I would almost wish T/M would win Olympic Gold with Candyman. People are just not ready for it. It will be a classic one day, and the new Turandot, Carmen, Moulin Rouge. In two decades T/M will be remembered on figure skating boards as the legendary pair that first skated to Candyman! :party2:

They are ahead of their time.

Once more for fun!

:laugh:

I am certainly not ready for that to be an OGM winning program. The problem isn't the music (well, the MAIN problem)... it's that this is sooo kitschy and the costumes are horrible and the choreography doesn't do them justice. I know Kulik was 20 years ago, but it's not the time to pay homage with an atrocious costume. :laugh:

T/M deserve an OBM if they go clean because technically they do some great things, including a quad twist. The only reason they should ever win a gold with this program is the other teams bombing.

anyanka

Record Breaker
If at this point in the season you don't realize that the writing is on the wall for T/M to receive an individual medal -- potentially even better than bronze -- I don't know what to tell you.

Just one thing, though: in 2010E, K/S beat S/S who were not at their best that year. But less than a month later, K/S bombed in the FS in Vancouver and were the top placing Russians in 4th. The real writing on the wall was the GPF that season, with S/Z in 1st, P/T 2nd, and the Germans 3rd (K/S were 5th). If we take that into consideration, then it's possible that this season's GPF results (1. S/M, 2. S/H, 3. D/R, 5. T/M) will repeat, even with this latest round of results.

I will agree with you on one thing: the judges here are saying that if T/M are clean or close to it, they WILL get an individual medal in PyeongChang. I don't see either the Germans or Chinese off the podium, so the vulnerable ones will be D/R, and Meagan MUST land that throw quad and they better get their SBS lutzes down perfectly on FS day.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Just one thing, though: in 2010E, K/S beat S/S who were not at their best that year. But less than a month later, K/S bombed in the FS in Vancouver and were the top placing Russians in 4th. The real writing on the wall was the GPF that season, with S/Z in 1st, P/T 2nd, and the Germans 3rd (K/S were 5th). If we take that into consideration, then it's possible that this season's GPF results (1. S/M, 2. S/H, 3. D/R, 5. T/M) will repeat, even with this latest round of results.

I will agree with you on one thing: the judges here are saying that if T/M are clean or close to it, they WILL get an individual medal in PyeongChang. I don't see either the Germans or Chinese off the podium, so the vulnerable ones will be D/R, and Meagan MUST land that throw quad and they better get their SBS lutzes down perfectly on FS day.

Yes of course you are right, ice is slippery and all that, but when international judges are so in love with a program like Candyman then you can kinda read between the lines.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
:laugh:

I am certainly not ready for that to be an OGM winning program. The problem isn't the music (well, the MAIN problem)... it's that this is sooo kitschy and the costumes are horrible and the choreography doesn't do them justice. I know Kulik was 20 years ago, but it's not the time to pay homage with an atrocious costume. :laugh:

T/M deserve an OBM if they go clean because technically they do some great things, including a quad twist. The only reason they should ever win a gold with this program is the other teams bombing.

I'm only half-joking because I kind of like it. Turandot bores me. I think Le Terre vue de Ciel is a masterpiece, so of course Candyman doesn't come close. I like pairs especially because most pairs usually choose, not exactly better, but different music. It's more interesting. That people have such a strong reaction to Candyman - well, T/M were harshly critisized because they are boring and unexpressive. THIS no matter how bad it is, got a reaction from everyone. In the end, it doesn't matter at all, what kind of program it is - they could win the gold if they skate in their training gear and no music on, if they hit all their elements and S/H and S/M falter.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Yes of course you are right, ice is slippery and all that, but when international judges are so in love with a program like Candyman then you can kinda read between the lines.

^ This. Definitely. But they weren't in love with it at the GPF, but that was in Japan. Maybe because this competition was in Europe and they just really enjoy kitsch? I.e. Eurovision Song Contest? :biggrin: :laugh: