2018 Europeans Free Dance | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Free Dance

Merjan

On the Ice
So happy for Gabriella and Guillaume, lovely FD today. Some snack needed before the ladies.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Full disclaimer: I haven't watched anything yet, but did P/C really deserve the obscene amount of 10s? They had three categories where the AVERAGE was 10...
Did they really deserve a 203? Or was this Europeans scoring?

I think there's an attempt to give either the French or V\M a perfect score (all 10's) at Olympics
Whoever are "the chosen ones" in order to create some some of 6.0 type buzz or event

So it's probably buildup

bramweld

Record Breaker
Mercy, I need to hear news from Besti now, about how S/B were robbed. LOL.

I feel for C/L. Anna was so sad. I love her new red dress, but the expiry date on that program has long gone. I don't know if they skated it clean if they would have made the podium. I hope they do better at their final two competitions, placements are irrelevant at this point.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Wow that was quite a perfect FD from P/C, I have no words, just beautiful! Congrats!

Anna and Luca seemed off at this competition both in the SD and FD hopefully they will get their motivation back in sync.

Nice job from Charlene and Marco they keep improving.

Congrats to the the podium finishers!

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not even close, they were way better at the GPF. I guess they just decided it's cool to give them perfect scores so they went with it. :frown:

It is a European send off saying Europe is staking their claim to the Olympic title after North Americans and Russian domination. Perhaps they feel it is their turn now.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
There is room for V/M since P/C did not get a perfect score.

About Marie's reaction..rumor has it things are not so great between R.Haguenauer and M.F Dubreuil/P.Lauzon and Romain is looking to leave Gadbois for the USA next year and will take P/C and L/L at least with him...

The room You mentioned is only mathematical and, being honest, based on condition that Gabriella/Guillaume make mistakes, which is not gonna happen as far as I am concerned. It is really no need to pull the wool over judges' preference towards material, not even speaking of a team terms, better to get over it as soon as possible to avoid any potential disappointment, really. And, to be clear, this is only an observation of how things went and are going for both teams, results-wise and moreover points-wise there is no room for overtake at this point, barring strange things happening.

About the gossip though, interesting indeed... If it is gonna happen, well, when if not at the beginning of a new quad?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The room You mentioned is only mathematical and, being honest, based on condition that Gabriella/Guillaume make mistakes, which is not gonna happen as far as I am concerned. It is really no need to pull the wool over judges' preference towards material, not even speaking of a team terms, better to get over it as soon as possible to avoid any potential disappointment, really. And, to be clear, this is only an observation of how things went and are going for both teams, results-wise and moreover points-wise there is no room for overtake at this point, barring strange things happened.

About the gossip though, interesting indeed... If it is gonna happen, well, when if not at the beginning of a new quad?

I am still sad over the Igor/Marina split.

icedance

On the Ice
I feel really sorry for Anna and Luca...they could easily make the podium if they skate clean. But something really not okay with Anna :confused: :sad4:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I think the scores are still relative to the other skaters. There was indeed a huge difference between P/C and the rest.
With V/M in competition I think the judges would have given P/C a little less than at GPF (but probably still higher than V/M). After the retirement of the canadians, I guess the judges will need to invent new scores for P/C, because there is no other great team left.

edit: I'm also sorry for C/L, it wasn't their best day...

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel really sorry for Anna and Luca...they could easily make the podium if they skate clean. But something really not okay with Anna :confused: :sad4:

I am not worried. I feel they will rally and skate well at Olympics and Worlds with style and pride.

maddiesparks

Rinkside
They were overscored, but Europeans is barely more credible than a Nationals, and clearly the Euro judges know that the French are their best bet at Gold.

I still think V/M will win Gold at the Olympics. P/C seemed to have peaked with this program already.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am still sad over the Igor/Marina split.

I was too, but at the same time I do think that if the dynamic, harmony and cooperation overused their merits inside of a team of coaches, it is better to split and go separate ways. Especially in consideration to all teams under this team's wings.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was too, but at the same time I do think that if the dynamic, harmony and cooperation overused their merits inside of a team of coaches, it is better to split and go separate was. Especially in consideration to all teams understand this team's wings.

Well said

larat

On the Ice
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI were great. I generally do not like when the girls's shoulders are wider than the guy's but their lifts are so effortless and beautiful you forget about the fact that the guy is small.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
P/C have room for errors now with 203. With an error not too costly they can win over a perfect V/M.

royce

Rinkside
They were overscored, but Europeans is barely more credible than a Nationals, and clearly the Euro judges know that the French are their best bet at Gold.

I still think V/M will win Gold at the Olympics. P/C seemed to have peaked with this program already.

They've definitely peaked with the Ed Sheeran SD :drama:

Giselle

Medalist
The room You mentioned is only mathematical and, being honest, based on condition that Gabriella/Guillaume make mistakes, which is not gonna happen as far as I am concerned. It is really no need to pull the wool over judges' preference towards material, not even speaking of a team terms, better to get over it as soon as possible to avoid any potential disappointment, really. And, to be clear, this is only an observation of how things went and are going for both teams, results-wise and moreover points-wise there is no room for overtake at this point, barring strange things happening.

Fair point. There isn't room the FD but I definitely think there's room for V/M in the SD. And I doubt that the Canadian judge (and maybe the US judge depending on who it is...) will give more than one 10 to P/C and all +3 for example (unlike the European judges here). So it will be closer than we think.

About the gossip, I've edited it out. Let's focus on this season for now...