2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Free Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Free Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow! Both H/D and C/B have now defeated the reigning World Champs, S/K! Amazing surprises!! <3
That awkward moment on Twitter where everyone claims the fix was in and the fix was, in fact, not in.

Those people should feel pretty dumb right now and also apologise for casting aspersions but they never will.

rain

Record Breaker
I'm torn. I am so sad and angry for Piper and Paul, who I thought skated brilliantly and deserved much better.

I'm surprised in a good way that Sinitsina/Katsalopov look eminently beatable and not on the cusp of snatching gold from the French, which I don't think their material or skating this season deserves in the slightest. I really thought we'd see the politicking push for gold begin here, but they were beaten by both American teams. I'm pleasantly surprised by this.

Wafflecakes

On the Ice
Honestly, this is about as entertaining as I think a team event will ever be.

The fight for gold in the first round and the fight for silver in the second have been quite compelling.

The fact that it is (and usually will be) before the last event is always a let down though.

I really wish that during the second round scores would be more spread out. 1=10, 2=8, 3=6, 4=4, 5=2. It is just too easy to absorb a really bad skate(r) as long as you make it to the second round.

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
I feel like S/K have now killed their (already slim) gold medal chances after losing to both of the US teams.

Too much of Dance judging is based on reputation. Sucks, but that is the way it is.
Actually they have killed their podium hopes, after this team presentation they have absolutely nothing to do in the dance event...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I know what the skaters think, but Nathan now has an Oly Silver medal, Like MK....and that is nothing to sneeze at. Sorry Mariah doesnt but oh well.....
My boyfriend's commentary: "I like the space noises."

Then he made little "pew pew" sounds.
There is an astro physicist who bid on US Nats seats for life....she won! Here name is Trina and she always wears pink...wonderful person.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Why not? I mean this seriously? Why are some teams allowed to make risky choices and do different things and others aren't?

I enjoy the program, I enjoy the difference in the music. Just before people were saying the other pairs had to much same same. Now it's too different?

It's like some are allowed and some aren't depending on entirely personal reasons that are unfair.

As I once said regarding Kaitlin and Jean-Luc, they could do the chicken dance and if they can nail it, give 'em the points.

You can't argue that figure skating is boring and in the past then pitch a fit when people do different stuff.
if you are interested :)

The French CBC commentator loved SinKats musical choices and expression. He adored them. I didn't nor did Belinda :) so this is my take on this : as fans/commentators, we sort of appreciate the sport in polarizing ways. It's just what it is ;) moving on? ☮️

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Slim to none, but I’d love it!

I don't think slim to non would be the correct terminology after what we just saw :unsure:
It's for sure an option, If the US teams compete amazingly and the Russians keep relinquishing points,
But you'd have to assume Russia will work it's political magic, And if they can't push S\K on that podium,
They'll push S\B instead, We all know they have done switches of support like that before :rolleyes::sneaky:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I really thought we'd see the politicking push for gold begin here, but they were beaten by both American teams. I'm pleasantly surprised by this.
Just a question, is it only politicking when Russians do it?

Because following figure skating you'd think no one else in history has ever been overscored except Russians.

I can think of several other countries who have engaged in this behaviour.

readernick

Medalist
Actually they have killed their podium hopes, after this team presentation they have absolutely nothing to do in the dance event...
But, they skated both programs so that Russia could get the team gold. So, that was obviously their primary goal. I honestly think the judges just got sick of their mistakes and decided to score them the way they should have been scored all year.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
That awkward moment on Twitter where everyone claims the fix was in and the fix was, in fact, not in.

Those people should feel pretty dumb right now and also apologise for casting aspersions but they never will.
I’m not making any claims about “fixes” but S/K lost because of a deduction which I assume was time related. So just saying, judges did want to give it to them today.