2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Free Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Free Dance

NAOTMAA

Medalist
That awkward moment on Twitter where everyone claims the fix was in and the fix was, in fact, not in.

Those people should feel pretty dumb right now and also apologise for casting aspersions but they never will.
If S/K somehow do end up with a medal they still will call it a fix.

I mean the guys back is pretty bad and their season has been an inconsistent seesaw. A lot of that due to on and off health issues and probably not training as hard as they would like at stretches of times. There's nothing that can be done about it. Considering all they didn't do too bad. It's unfortunate it all happened in the Olympic season

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
C/B's FD ist still a bit weird but very convincingly performed. :clap:

Ok, they got first. Well deserved, but this means we won't get a showdown in ladies for silver. 😐
:rofl: We already had a nice showdown in ice dance that went in U.S. team's favor. Don't get greedy for huge drama, especially when I don't think Karen has what it takes to deliver nail-biting, edge of seat, challenging performance against Japan.

I'll settle for Karen having her nerves somewhat settled by C/B's victory, so hopefully she doesn't feel too much pressure in the fp.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That awkward moment on Twitter where everyone claims the fix was in and the fix was, in fact, not in.

Those people should feel pretty dumb right now and also apologise for casting aspersions but they never will.
I an not commenting on today, but in general, when the fix WAS in and judges were suspended, the skaters still have to do their part or no amount of fixing will help. Just sayin'

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
When the assignment came out, all of us were saying Chock/Bates should have done the RD and Hubbell/Donohue the FD. Maybe Marie-France knows what she's doing after all.
I'll totally eat my words. This worked out perfectly for the US and turned a bronze to silver.

Congrats to Chock/Bates! I'm so glad the better duo won, AGAIN, even if it came down to an extended lift deduction.

readernick

Medalist
I would prefer Chock/Bates to get a medal because i preffer their programme the most. But i know SinKats and MaddyZach will win the individual medal, so it is what it is...
I wouldn't be so sure. I personally think H/D deserve the silver if they are clean on the basis of their amazing SS. However,momentum matters in ice dance and both American teams have that...we will see what happens.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I’m not making any claims about “fixes” but S/K lost because of a deduction which I assume was time related. So just saying, judges did want to give it to them today.
I'm just annoyed that there's a claim out there that S/K can't skate their way out if a paper bag and should be last all the time because they're SOOOO overscored.

I've seen P/C get huge GOE a number of times for less than perfect elements, Gabbi once fully stumbled out of a Twizzle and got a level 4.

But no-one got the pitchforks out and called them cheating cheaters who'd been gifted.

prorussian fan

On the Ice
Vika and Nikita are no longer a podium threat in dance, they know it and I think that's why they gave everything in the team event. I can see a podium of P/C with C/B and H/D behind (now can you understand the olympic channel series from the Montreal academy?) Actually I would like C/B or H/D to beat P/C which I have always thought are overrated.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
When the assignment came out, all of us were saying Chock/Bates should have done the RD and Hubbell/Donohue the FD. Maybe Marie-France knows what she's doing after all.
Not all of us. I felt the split decision was fair, and I was never worried about H/D going in the RD. I really believe it was H/D's choice, and C/B agreed to do the F/D, giving themselves a chance to debut their choreo additions. The strategy worked beautifully.

The teams wanted this themselves. But there have been a number of detractors speaking against C/B and/or H/D in these threads, who need to eat their words. ;) 🥳

Last edited:

Flystyle02

Spectator
But, they skated both programs so that Russia could get the team gold. So, that was obviously their primary goal. I honestly think the judges just got sick of their mistakes and decided to score them the way they should have been scored all year.
I believe the US has locked silver even if Karen is 5th and Japan wins ladies it would be a tie but US has two 10s Japan only one is this correct??

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Interestingly, the judges were actually with Sinitsina/Katsalapov. If he didn't stumble in the straight line, they would have won the rhythm dance with +4s instead of +1s/2s. And without the extended lift here, they would have won the free too. But either way, it's setting up the fact that the Russians are vulnerable - the silver medal in individual ice dance is up for grabs.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I an not commenting on today, but in general, when the fix WAS in and judges were suspended, the skaters still have to do their part or no amount of fixing will help. Just sayin'
I agree with you that skaters need to skate their part, and that's why they train countless hours to get to the top... and then, sometimes, it's out of their hands because it's just out of their hands??? It makes it worse... all these athletes deserve a fair chance to win exactly because they all invest so much of themselves into the sport. (and I am not especially commenting on today's USA vs ROC)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why are you so obsessed with what the citizens of Twitter say?
Because it's where so many people get their info as casual fans so that when they show up on this board they make sweeping statements that are often exaggerated if not fully untrue, but it's cemented in their minds and you'll never ever
change their minds.