2022 Junior World Championships: Men's Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2022 Junior World Championships: Men's Free Skate

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Men's JGP spots for 2022~2023 season (providing qualification rules aren't changed)

14 (2 entries per event)
USA, KAZ, JPN

7 (1 entry per event plus the chance for unused spots by higher placed federations)
CAN, EST, ITA

6 (1 entry in 6 events)
SUI, SWE, CZE, ISR

5 (1 entry in 5 events)
FRA, KOR, GBR, SVK, GEO, GER, POL

Not going to list 4, 3, 2 spots

Entries 2.1

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Comparing Jr to Sr for Iila (yes I know no but...), in Worlds he would have come in 3rd in the LP and 4th overall just a point out of 3rd and that's with no allowing a quad in the short. In my eyes, a nice vindication. Now on to developing those other skills and he will be a force to be reckoned with.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Comparing Jr to Sr for Iila (yes I know no but...), in Worlds he would have come in 3rd in the LP and 4th overall just a point out of 3rd and that's with no allowing a quad in the short. In my eyes, a nice vindication. Now on to developing those other skills and he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Well, I know you already said it, but there really isn't a comparison.

Ilia skated in Senior Worlds the way I expected he would skate, because he's not a senior. He'll learn and grow, and hopefully become that senior, but there is a huge difference between the pressure of Junior Worlds, where he is king of the hill, and Senior, where he is not.

He should be rightfully proud of his skate here, and improve the qualities he needs to improve to challenge the top seniors.(y)

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
On the behalf of his kohai that will benefit from JGP experience, thank you Tacchan!
And congratulations! After all the injury and setbacks he's suffered, this is great way to end his Junior career
Wishing him further success in Seniors!

Congrats to all the medalist!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, we all know how slippery the ice can be. After his less than stellar LP at Senior Worlds, I was just hoping that history would not repeat itself.
Absolutely. I was listening to the Halo theme song (Which he should totally skate to next season. I have the element placements there and ready and maybe some moves....lol. I'm not a choreographer, but I loved creating programs and dances in my head) while he waz skating so I could meditate.

KiraraChin

Medalist
On the behalf of his kohai that will benefit from JGP experience, thank you Tacchan!
And congratulations! After all the injury and setbacks he's suffered, this is great way to end his Junior career
Wishing him further success in Seniors!

Congrats to all the medalist!
Literally came here to say this. IIRC Tatsuya was one of the first boys in his generation to jump quads, but has struggled with injury over the past few years. I remember the time when he had to literally WD from senior Nats 2019 on the ice because of his injury, it was heartbreaking. Seeing him finish his junior career on a high is just so satisfying. I'm super happy for him.

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One little moment that I thought was super considerate:

Normally, the medalists skate a victory lap with their flags and pose for photos. It looks to me as though there wasn't a Kazakh flag available, so the other two put their flags back. They later picked them up for solo pictures for their national press and federations.

Last edited:

Mozartistique

On the Ice
Country
France
Just checked and Illia's Wikipedia page already got updated! Such a strong jumper and he's making big improvements in spins and presentation. Congrats on the World reccords!
Also, as one of few who had Shaidorov in my top 5, he still blew my expectations away! nice quad Lz attempt, big 4T, he made improvements on spins and choreo gradually over the season.
It was nice to see Illia and Mikhail chat before the podium ceremony, they have quite a lot in common.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Uno’s short program score is historical. Malinin actually topped Samsonov’s SP score from a few years ago. I think Sato had the junior free skate and total score record.