2023 Skate Canada Women's Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Women's Short Program

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I was a bit late for women, so will need to catch up on the first group on replays. So happy C. Kim had a strong skate! I absolutely loved her on JGP last year and fingers crossed for her to podium! Bummed that Thoringren is still struggling... 😞

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well deserved 1st place for Sakamoto after the SP with some margin! Actually I haven't watched ... competitive skating live since ... 4 CCs, I had to miss Worlds sadly, only rewatched some skates after (sadly I was already spoilered about the results dayady
Well I am glad you came to join us today!

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
OK, this is was not my dream scenario where Lindsay and Lara would be up there. Hopefully the free skate can deliver some redemption.

Looks like Kaori and Chaeyeon are locked for medals, the third one is kinda up for grabs.

georgia

On the Ice
how can you all like Kaori's terrible program? 😭
you are all such better people than I am
I agree with you. Nothing stood out for me. Also the triple lutz wasn’t a triple lutz and the triple flip Wasn’t nice landed. I think the 75 mark was a little high.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have watched Rino, as sweet and lovely as a sugar cherry blossom. She and Chayeon are going to be my favourites going into the free (I mean Kaori is Kaori and will have trouble not winning, touch wood)

how can you all like Kaori's terrible program? 😭
you are all such better people than I am
I admit I am not keen on her going soft and sweet, I don't think it suits her personality or style. She's a champion, and fun and endearing and everything good, but doesn't have that emotional range (jmo)

readernick

Medalist
Rika’s my favorite women’s skater and I really disliked her program to the music Kaori is using, too. It’s a lovely song but just doesn’t work well for figure skating.

My favorite programs of the night were Chaeyeon’s and Lindsay’s. I’m glad Chaeyeon was rewarded for her skate. I would have given Lindsay higher PCS. I thought this was a huge improvement artistically.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Protocols are up!

Rino got 3Lz!q+3T< 😬
Still I like that the tech panel are calling lutz edges, seems like they're doing it a bit more recently.

Also I need to know who Judge 3 is, they are as besotted with Rino as me 😂
CrUIGXb.png

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chaeyeon may have had the cleaner skate...but I love Kaori so much that I don't mind seeing her at the top after the short program! 😁
I REALLY like this program for Kaori. While I know Kaori's speed is considered intoxicating by many, for too long IMHO it seemed like she was a runaway freight train. I've always felt she was capable of so much more, including using her upper body in a more expressive manner like she is now doing. Anyway, nice job!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seeing her live...even when she doesnt do well, lifts me up....that smile she gave me in the elevator in Vegas turned me to goo....The doc I was finally able to see says I should be good in 10 days. I had to drive two hours around Spokane finding an urgent care facility that would see me without a 600 dollar bill. Finally found one 15 miles away that would take my insurance. Took an old car so all the blood stains dont matter....the house is a mess! LOL! Go team Japan!

Sheesh! Your car must have looked like a crime scene!:jaw:...Just settle back and enjoy some skating! Your Japanese ladies are doing great. Rino Matsuike is an absolute treasure!