2024 European Championships Women's Free Skate | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Women's Free Skate

icewhite

Record Breaker
Well, underwhelmed by many programs, and if anyone was underscored here it's Mikutina again. Apart from speed she hits all the bullet points in PCS as far as I can see, but she's not getting the reward for it.

But overall I think this was a strong women's event, overall better than the men's, which I did not expect. Plus some newer contenders for the future.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
One thing we do not much talk about and it may be a little bit embarrasing for some to talk abuot it, but somedays when female skater says "I am just having a bad day", I think it the feminine troubles make surprises when not supposed to. In skating it could have quite affection. For some reason I had that feeling about Nella, as she was just drinking water and doing nothing else at the warm up. Usually athletes do not want to talk about it and if some do, they are not threatened kindly in public opinions.

Zora

On the Ice
Looking pretty is what I crave! And certainly Nastya knows how to do ''looking pretty'' programs properly. :biggrin::pray:
I actually really like her short program, but I fear she will never do anything like this again, because she never really got good scores for this. Maybe no one else likes it besides me 🤣

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
One thing we do not much talk about and it may be a little bit embarrasing for some to talk abuot it, but somedays when female skater says "I am just having a bad day", I think it the feminine troubles make surprises when not supposed to. In skating it could have quite affection. For some reason I had that feeling about Nella, as she was just drinking water and doing nothing else at the warm up. Usually athletes do not want to talk about it and if some do, they are not threatened kindly in public opinions.
period is still considered a taboo sadly. i'm so against it. it's just a natural condition of being a human being. would you be imbarassed of having a flu? and yet it's even more natural than a disease, but i has so much cultural bias attached that people find difficult to freely talk about it, like it's something that needs to be kept hidden.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I really have to stop with this stupid mistakes, I believed that you got more points if you didn't make the FP
I apologize again, and all the better for Romanian girls!
Does Romania have a second lady with the TES? I genuinely don't know

icewhite

Record Breaker
period is still considered a taboo sadly. i'm so against it. it's just a natural condition of being a human being. would you be imbarassed of having a flu? and yet it's even more natural than a disease, but i has so much cultural bias attached that people find difficult to freely talk about it, like it's something that needs to be kept hidden.

I totally agree, but I think that actually most female figure skaters do not have such a problem with that topic because due to the hard training (and restricted diet) many will not have their period or at least not a strong one. Others will choose a micro pill that basically prevents it. However that of course makes the topic harder to talk about for those athletes who have a normal period because I suspect they will be the minority.