2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This. GIVEN WHAT CAME BEFORE, Ashley did the right thing. If the standings looked different now, I'd say what the heck, what a pity, but given everything she is in a good position. She will probably not be in the last group depending on what happens with Meite right now, which is too bad, but overall knowing what she knew, this was a good move.

ETA I take it back. I obviously predict final group for Ash unless Alena kills it...

And there's something in that ice. I don't know what-- but with the fluke falls and spin errors...I think Ashley felt something that we're not seeing. Ashley can get level 4 spins so it's interesting that she lost spin levels.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'd love to see Meite skate to some really raucous 20s/30s jazz. I think she'd kill it. Girl's got 'tude.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Ok I just came to the party but so sad Elene GEDEVANISHVILI is not gonna qualify :( I love her.

Otherwise things look about how I expected... Russians a bit lower than I thought, what happened to Liza?

wiped out going into her flying spin :bang: and missed the subsequent 2A

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I don't have a problem with Ashley placed exactly where she is with the score she has. The last group has the benefit of knowing how well or how poorly the heavy-hitters before them did, and can strategize how safe or how ambitious to play the SP. I don't blame Ashley and Nicks for doing the smart skate rather than risking overextension and downgrades.

The point of the SP is to keep yourself in contention for the FS, not take yourself out of it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Dude, even MAO is traveling on those spins...something is wrong with the ice! I hope someone explains it to us.