2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Men's SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Men's SP

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am really happy to see India, Vietnam and Philippines starting to participate & I really watching for interesting athletes emerging. The antropometrics and musicality has giant potential...
Same here.. RSA is another fed I hope develops. Was talking with a couple of non-FS fans yesterday about this comp in Bangkok and they were SO surprised.. one said making ice must be a challenge there😁 I said we fans want to see the discipline expand worldwide

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
but you can't mime a crossbow :biggrin:

Yes you can. You can shoot the crossbow, and then pretend that the crossbow has turned into a violin, and mime playing it in time with the music...

I think I'll leave now. I'm talking nonsense.

And no, I haven't been helping myself to the alcoholic beverages that you can't drink because of the heat where you are! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if the mens juniors from Philippines and India are "homegrown"? (have yet to see the Filipino skater).

I certainly have no problem with children of a diaspora representing their country, I loved Michael Christian Martinez and Christopher Caluza for the Philippines back in the day. Tara Prasad does a great job representing her heritage. But I would love to see the sport grow organically in other not traditionally skating countries.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You don't have to know anything about junior men to play. Most are 🌵🌵🌵, so its a guessing game.

So true!

I have a secret: I am a pagan. :)

Had I gone with my heart, of course I would have put Jacob in first in the prediction game. But I did not want to anger the skating gods.... and we still have the FS🤞🤞🤞

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does anyone know if the mens juniors from Philippines and India are "homegrown"? (have yet to see the Filipino skater).

I certainly have no problem with children of a diaspora representing their country, I loved Michael Christian Martinez and Christopher Caluza for the Philippines back in the day. Tara Prasad does a great job representing her heritage. But I would love to see the sport grow organically in other not traditionally skating countries.

Manjesh TIWARI (IND) is indeed home-grown. Here is his story:

https://www.facebook.com/futureolym...c2M47bxezYKPN8ayBmvPjcCiXXPv5Jo2TB4U5xKvfiWDl

I take it he got talent spotted at the competition he mentions, because he is now training in South Australia with Richard Laidlaw (James Min's original coach).

Brandon James BALDOZ (PHI) is from California. But, he withdrew, so you won't see him.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

AND DO not forget my Edrian ;)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I need to do better with my homework. He is on my radar now.
Its hard with juniors because the seasons best is limited to the JGP, so there best results , like Jacobs came from a senior B, so its not shown. And quite a few skaters its their first international competition so if you don't follow all the national competitions its impossible to know who the best might be.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
but you can't mime a crossbow :biggrin:

I just noticed - this was your 30,000th post!!! :jaw:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

:cheer: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheer:

There are only 2 members with more posts than you, and they have been here since before the forum took it's current form 20 years ago! :drama:

Or, to put it another way - you have talked too much in the past 5 years! :laugh:

But, we wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Here's to the next 30,000!

🍷 🍷 🍷

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: