2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Women's SP | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Women's SP

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am team mom of all Israeli skaters. And all skaters who represent the Philippines. Just wondering who you are adopting. There are many fine choices.

Actually, I am adopting a whole family.

Elizabet and Katarina Gervits. And their mother, Lubov Yanpolsky, who competes as an adult skater.

If I am totally honest, Katya is the one that I really took a liking to last season. But, with the three of them being so close and their lives being so intertwined, it is easier to just adopt them all.

CaroLiza_fan

hermine17

Final Flight
I haven't seen her performance yet, but I'm so happy that my little penguin Ami did well!:cheer2:

I hope the videos will be uploaded soon.

Edit : Never mind, there's still the whole ladies SP video. Ami skated so beautifully! She has much improved since last year.

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope the videos will be uploaded soon.
Rewatch can be found here. No spoilers! Links will be filled in in start order.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually, I am adopting a whole family.

Elizabet and Katarina Gervits. And their mother, Lubov Yanpolsky, who competes as an adult skater.

If I am totally honest, Katya is the one that I really took a liking to last season. But, with the three of them being so close and their lives being so intertwined, it is easier to just adopt them all.

CaroLiza_fan
Oooh. You’re adopting an adult skater. I don’t have any of those. Are you making a fan thread?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooh. You’re adopting an adult skater. I don’t have any of those. Are you making a fan thread?

Yes, I am making a thread.

The thread is the reason that I'm adopting the whole family. As well as being figure skaters, they are all very talented piano players, and there are lots of videos on YouTube of various combinations of them doing duets. So, if I was to make a thread for just one of them, there would be lots of videos of the others in it too. And if somebody was to come along and make a thread for another one of them, there would be a lot of repetition. So, the easiest thing to do is for me to make a family thread. Kinda like I did with the Gjersem twins, but with three family members rather than just two.

It's an interesting concept having different generations of the same family in a single thread. And if it is successful, it could be repeated for famous skaters whose kids are now following in their footsteps. But, it would only really work if they all competed in the same category.

The only problem is what order to put them in! For threads for multiple skaters, I normally go from oldest to youngest. But, Lubov isn't as well known as her daughters. So, it might cause confusion if she was named first in the thread title.

But, that is just a minor thing.

Anyway, I have another couple of threads that I have to get out first because these skaters have appeared in entry lists for upcoming competitions in the next few weeks. And I was held up by having to take the desktop computer back to the factory settings and reinstall everything at the start of this week. The worst of it is that doing this didn't even cure what I hoped it would! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I usually take a break from skating after World's, and return for when the season starts (or what I consider starts) in October.

So I'll be back soon!