Ladies Long Program Skate Canada 2013 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies Long Program Skate Canada 2013

Art&Sport

Medalist
Lipnitskaya was underscored on PCS. The speed and edges and overall finish could be improved, but she displayed excellent command with that performance and a real understanding of expression of the music.

Really? Ya think? It's a studied understanding at best. Leaves me indifferent, whereas her acrobatics are certainly attention-grabbing.

Selene

On the Ice
Why does Gracie insist on doing that back spiral into her lutz? I've never seen her hit it. Also missed the 2A-3T and messy landings on the 3F and 3S.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gracie GOLD (USA)

Music: Sleeping Beauty by Petr I. Tchaikovski

Pink/purple ombre dress with black details

3Lz+3T
2A - bit scratchy
3Lo - solid
FCoSp
StSq
3F - forward, hangs on, e
3Lz - fall
3S<< - hand down
CCoSp
ChSq
2A+2T+2T
LSp

She gave that lead away, will probably take bronze. I still see improvement from SLC, more softened and refined, not so frantic

FS: 56.09+62.11-1.00=117.20, 186.65, in 3rd overall

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wondering, or hoping? :laugh:

Whatever anyone may think I don't and have never wished Gracie any ill. I don't think she can hold it together under pressure when expectations are actually on her, and I haven't yet been proven wrong about that. I invite her to prove me wrong, I'd be delighted. I don't think she is soup yet- I think her PCS (except skating skills) continue to need attention and work, but I also think she could be great. I have never gotten into her hype though because until she can put it together in an important moment that's all it is- hype over a good but not great skater.

riceplate

On the Ice
I just find her boring, disconnected from the music,

I felt the same way watching her...JUMP JUMP JUMP. She attempts to be dramatic with that gaze in the opening seconds but the rest of the program was bland. Relied way too much on the somber SL music. BUT She can spin!!

And bye bye gold for Gracie :laugh: Congrats to Julia!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
This russian went through the motion and people thought she is expressive? It is clever music choice and clever choreography. I guess u can sell schinder's list to eskimo.

badknees

Medalist
Gracie needs a choreographer and music that suits her. Her music is way to big and all she's doing is skating around and jumping. I'm a bit surprised at frank, guess he needs more time>

tulosai

Record Breaker
This russian went through the motion and people thought she is expressive? It is clever music choice and clever choreography. I guess u can sell schinder's list to eskimo.

I mean of course you should play to your strengths. If only Gracie could be so clever.

aero

On the Ice
I think Gracie's going to be like Mirai at this point. Can't hold a lead, because there's too much pressure, but she sure can skate when people have taken her out of the running.

Selene

On the Ice
Whatever anyone may think I don't and have never wished Gracie any ill. I don't think she can hold it together under pressure when expectations are actually on her, and I haven't yet been proven wrong about that. I invite her to prove me wrong, I'd be delighted. I don't think she is soup yet- I think her PCS (except skating skills) continue to need attention and work, but I also think she could be great. I have never gotten into her hype though because until she can put it together in an important moment that's all it is- hype over a good but not great skater.

She is getting generous PCS from judges. Her problem is she isn't landing her jumps.

louisa05

Final Flight
Gracie needs a choreographer and music that suits her. Her music is way to big and all she's doing is skating around and jumping. I'm a bit surprised at frank, guess he needs more time>

She had her programs long before she got to Frank and they had not even close to enough time to change them or anything much at all.