Carolina Kostner's ex boyfriend has dragged her into his scandal | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner's ex boyfriend has dragged her into his scandal

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
^^^ What Alba said.

I will always give Caro the benefit of the doubt but it's going to be hard not to look at her a bit differently from now on. :cry:

Kalina

On the Ice
First of all, Schwarzer revealed that Carolina lied to the WADA inspectors when he was interrogated during the course of the investigations -- that is, probably two years ago. We only know now because the preliminary investigation has ended and the documentation regarding the case has been revealed to the public, together with the people who are officially under investigation. Carolina is NOT under investigation, so she is not suspected of having committed a crime under our law.

However there are some worrying things written on that journalist's blog... when talking to the investigators, she initially omitted having lied to the WADA inspectors and only talked when she was told what Schwarzer had said; that she knew of Schwarzer using a machine that simulates high altitude, which is illegal in Italy but not in Germany (where she lived with him) and that she knew that he was moving it around (possibly in and out of Italy as well).
For what concerns the medications, Carolina said: "I first noticed that there were some medications that did not belong to me in my fridge at the end of February 2012. [..] I want to specify that the period that goes from September to April is the one where I'm often not in Oberstdorf because of my sport commitments, so it happens that I'm home for a short time and I don't check what's in the fridge. That is to say that the fact that I only noticed them in February does not mean that they had been just put there. As I said it was the first time it happened, before that Alex used to bring with him things like magnesium and vit. C, that he usually left on the kitchen's table..."

Schwarzer sending Carolina's blood tests for an opinion to doctor Conconi seems to be in good faith, as the doctor merely reassured him on the test's results (which revealed a slight anemia etc.) -- and we don't know if this was on Schwarzer's initiative or if he was asked to do so by her. Regarding doctor Thuile, we also have no way of knowing if it was Carolina who wanted to contact him herself or if it was Schwarzer who did so because he wanted the doctor to follow Carolina (his email was used, but the email's content were not published).

Alba

Record Breaker
First of all, Schwarzer revealed that Carolina lied to the WADA inspectors when he was interrogated during the course of the investigations -- that is, probably two years ago. We only know now because the preliminary investigation has ended and the documentation regarding the case has been revealed to the public, together with the people who are officially under investigation.

That's right.
My question is, how did NADO ignored what he said, at that time?

Sembra non accorgersene la Procura Antidoping del CONI NADO allorché riceve i documenti dalla Procura di Bolzano, incluso l’interrogatorio di SCHWAZER: non solo evita di aprire un procedimento a carico della KOSTNER.
http://gradozeroblog.it/news/doping-di-stato

Kalina

On the Ice
@Alba: Good question. Trying to cover it up for as much as they could, IMO.

I added some quotes from Carolina to my previous post.

tulosai

Record Breaker
that she knew of Schwarzer using a machine that simulates high altitude, which is illegal in Italy but not in Germany (where she lived with him) and that she knew that he was moving it around (possibly in and out of Italy as well).

I don't view this as concerning. It being illegal in Italy doesn't mean that it's illegal for Italians no matter where they are, and the WADA does not prohibit altitude training... in fact to my knowledge Italy is the only country that does so. For example, if I were 20 and in France, it would be perfectly legal for me to drink wine even though I am a US citizen. If a French citizen were in the United States and 20 and drinking wine, this would be illegal even though they could drink in France. I don't think this is any different though if I am wrong someone let me know.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
If she ever goes in front of a board and is forced to defend herself may I suggest she plays a copy of her "Ave Maria" from Sochi and simply says "I rest my case."

#CaroIsAnAngel

She's the only female World figure skating champion, a flagbearer in Torino at her home games, and an Olympic heroine from these past games. She's been a beacon for Italian figure skating, and is widely considered one of the most beautifully artistic skaters today.

There's no way they will give her anything more than a slap on the wrists. She's worth way too much (in every sense of "worth").

Ophelia

Record Breaker
She's the only female World figure skating champion, a flagbearer in Torino at her home games, and an Olympic heroine from these past games. She's been a beacon for Italian figure skating, and is widely considered one of the most beautifully artistic skaters today.

There's no way they will give her anything more than a slap on the wrists. She's worth way too much (in every sense of "worth").

Talk about the law having different standards for different people. :disapp:

Icey

Record Breaker
They boo and pelt opera singers with tomatoes in Italy. For figure skaters, do they use snowballs lol? The more that is learned the sleazier this gets.:disapp:

Meoima

Match Penalty
They boo and pelt opera singers with tomatoes in Italy. For figure skaters, do they use snowballs lol? The more that is learned the sleazier this gets.:disapp:
Oh no I don't wish that to happen to any skater, let alone Caro! :cry:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

Two words: LANCE ARMSTRONG, he was a hero, a suvivor, came back and beat cancer, hero in USA. And his fall was bad.

And if what she did was againts laws and regulations, she should be punished.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Two words: LANCE ARMSTRONG, he was a hero, a suvivor, came back and beat cancer, hero in USA. And his fall was bad.
And if what she did was againts laws and regulations, she should be punished.
Ah yes, Lance Armstrong was really really a disappointing case. :no:
But I suppose Caro didn't use doping like him. Of course she might get banned, but she didn't win thanks to the doping, it's her ex-boyfriend. The punishment might not be very severe in this case, I hope so.:scowl:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Ah no I don't want to remember what happened with Lance. At the time, everyone I knew was talking about his scandal like he'd actually betrayed them personally. He was really loved and idolized in America :cry:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah no I don't want to remember what happened with Lance. At the time, everyone I knew was talking about his scandal like he'd actually betrayed them personally. He was really loved and idolized in America :cry:

No kidding. I was watching an episode of "Arthur" (Yes the TV show with the aardvark) on YouTube and Lance Armstrong guest-starred in it. They talked about him recovering from cancer and winning 7 Tour de France races. I watched that episode a lot on YouTube in 2010. Then when it was revealed in 2012 that he doped, I couldn't watched that episode the same way again. I was like, "This is so weird to watch now."

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Armstrong's doping was well known by many people for a long time. He was a hypocrite addicted to and motivated by glory and money, putting on a righteous mask, bullying and threatening anyone who dared to utter any truth about him. He kept this up for years and his American fans bought all his acts, making him a very rich hero until it all shook out.

Carolina complied with her boyfriend's request to lie about his presence with no time to think things through. People do this often but it's against the rules when the ones lied to are the authority. She did not dope, did not cheat, did not win or profit from any criminal activity. She did not pretend to be a hero and did not bully or threaten anybody. Her offense is covering for her boyfriend once, about his presence, not about his doping. She should not be compared to Lance Armstrong or regarded as a hard criminal deserving severe punishment.

Mony

On the Ice

I really like Carolina but she should not be given a slap on the wrist. Yes she is a heroine for Itayl, which is precisely why she shouldn't have lied especially for her boyfriend. I know she didn't dope or anything like that; however, if she is investigated and found guilty, whatever the consequences are for something like this in Italy (some one mentioned a non sportswoman getting banned from track and field events for lying for her boyfriend) then Carolina should get it.

The law should not have different standards for people,which is precisely one of the things wrong with the world today.

mich2

Match Penalty
First of all, Schwarzer revealed that Carolina lied to the WADA inspectors when he was interrogated during the course of the investigations -- that is, probably two years ago. We only know now because the preliminary investigation has ended and the documentation regarding the case has been revealed to the public, together with the people who are officially under investigation. Carolina is NOT under investigation, so she is not suspected of having committed a crime under our law.

However there are some worrying things written on that journalist's blog... when talking to the investigators, she initially omitted having lied to the WADA inspectors and only talked when she was told what Schwarzer had said; that she knew of Schwarzer using a machine that simulates high altitude, which is illegal in Italy but not in Germany (where she lived with him) and that she knew that he was moving it around (possibly in and out of Italy as well).
For what concerns the medications, Carolina said: "I first noticed that there were some medications that did not belong to me in my fridge at the end of February 2012. [..] I want to specify that the period that goes from September to April is the one where I'm often not in Oberstdorf because of my sport commitments, so it happens that I'm home for a short time and I don't check what's in the fridge. That is to say that the fact that I only noticed them in February does not mean that they had been just put there. As I said it was the first time it happened, before that Alex used to bring with him things like magnesium and vit. C, that he usually left on the kitchen's table..."

Schwarzer sending Carolina's blood tests for an opinion to doctor Conconi seems to be in good faith, as the doctor merely reassured him on the test's results (which revealed a slight anemia etc.) -- and we don't know if this was on Schwarzer's initiative or if he was asked to do so by her. Regarding doctor Thuile, we also have no way of knowing if it was Carolina who wanted to contact him herself or if it was Schwarzer who did so because he wanted the doctor to follow Carolina (his email was used, but the email's content were not published).
She is not under investigation? Lol, what to talk about. Media often gossips. Good luck, Caro!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Armstrong's doping was well known by many people for a long time. He was a hypocrite addicted to and motivated by glory and money, putting on a righteous mask, bullying and threatening anyone who dared to utter any truth about him. He kept this up for years and his American fans bought all his acts, making him a very rich hero until it all shook out.

Carolina complied with her boyfriend's request to lie about his presence with no time to think things through. People do this often but it's against the rules when the ones lied to are the authority. She did not dope, did not cheat, did not win or profit from any criminal activity. She did not pretend to be a hero and did not bully or threaten anybody. Her offense is covering for her boyfriend once, about his presence, not about his doping. She should not be compared to Lance Armstrong or regarded as a hard criminal deserving severe punishment.

But to clain that she won´t be touch because she is a "brand" is way to much, and no fair. And as I said, if she did comit a crime or violation or the regulations she should be punished.