Carolina Kostner's ex boyfriend has dragged her into his scandal | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner's ex boyfriend has dragged her into his scandal

Alba

Record Breaker
so I don´t think is weird that Carolina is being called until now.

It is, if we're talking about hearings.
Dr.Ferrari told them in 2012 about Alex and Carolina visiting him. Alex told them she lied to WADA, but they did nothing.
I'm not defending her at all, but it's clear they wanted to protect her as long as she was active and with the Olympics coming.

msadot

On the Ice
It is, if we're talking about hearings.
Dr.Ferrari told them in 2012 about Alex and Carolina visiting him. Alex told them she lied to WADA, but they did nothing.
I'm not defending her at all, but it's clear they wanted to protect her as long as she was active and with the Olympics coming.

I think that these hearings date back to months/one year ago, like Repubblica says. She has nothing to worry about and the day after she will skate like an angel for OperaPop. :)

Alba

Record Breaker
I think that these hearings date back to months/one year ago, like Repubblica says. She has nothing to worry about and the day after she will skate like an angel for OperaPop. :)

The ones with Bolzano prosecuters? No, Repubblica says that these things were published by the media "months and years ago", and is accusing CONI being hypocrites, like I am.

However, Repubblica is writing a bunch of lies.
It's not true that the media published these info. "months and years" ago.
These are recent news, as far as the media is concerned, and according to other it's a recent news for CONI as well.

CONI new at the time (at least according to the journalists of Il Sole24 ore).
The media might've had suspicions at the time, that she might new more than what Alex said to the public: she had no idea, she knew nothing etc. They might've had also news about all this, I don't know.
What I do know is that they wrote nothing about all this. They did not published anything at all, as the journalist is claiming now.

As for Carolina, I don't think she risks anything penal, but she does have something to worry about because she has violated the article 2.8 of antidoping protocols. So, she will be punished by the sport justice for sure.

msadot

On the Ice
Maybe not the press, but both justice n coni have known this since at least 2013. Hence, she has nothing to worry about and can smile reharsing with lambiel.:)

Alba

Record Breaker
Maybe not the press, but both justice n coni have known this since at least 2013.
Hence, she has nothing to worry about and can smile reharsing with lambiel.:)

First of all, some are saying they didn't know, because the preliminary investigations has just closed.
In theory, CONI should indeed receive the dossier once the preliminaries are closed.
However, even if they knew, it doesn't change her situation a bit. They're forced to take actions now.

msadot

On the Ice
Caro sorride e prova con Lambiel. Cosa significa questo? che non c'è nulla di cui preoccuparsi, anzi: questa audizione porterà su OperaPop l'attenzione che merita! :)

Caro smiles and reharses with Lambiel what does it mean? there's nothing to worry about. Au contraire: this wil bring on OperaPop the well deserved attention! :)

http://instagram.com/p/s-EV2PoCTD/?modal=true

ETA: I was right! Luckily this story turned out positive and brought attention on the show http://bit.ly/1t77793

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Well, it should drum up more drama for the Ice Show this weekend, but I just can't see how this is going to turn out well. At least she told them she would not show up. . . slightly better than just not showing up I guess. I am rather curious how this could help her. . . only think i can think is she did not want any headlines coming out prior to the show.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well, it should drum up more drama for the Ice Show this weekend, but I just can't see how this is going to turn out well. At least she told them she would not show up. . . slightly better than just not showing up I guess. I am rather curious how this could help her. . . only think i can think is she did not want any headlines coming out prior to the show.

What I don't understand is that the article says the hearing time was moved @ Caro's request so she could prepare for Opera on Ice. Since an effort was made to accommodate her, the no-show puts her in an unfavorable light. Why would she do that? It just doesn't make sense. JMO... :confused:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What I don't understand is that the article says the hearing time was moved @ Caro's request so she could prepare for Opera on Ice. Since an effort was made to accommodate her, the no-show puts her in an unfavorable light. Why would she do that? It just doesn't make sense. JMO... :confused:

An effort to accommodate her? By holding the hearing the day before the show?

Kalina

On the Ice
Even if the hearing was moved to the morning, it's still quite inconvenient (considering it's in Rome). The court knew of her absence because they were notified by her lawyer beforehand. She skipped because she knew there would be no serious consequences: she will just be called for a second hearing. If she's not there the second time - well, that will be a problem, of course.

Amei

Record Breaker

Yep, if the article is true, she comes off very negatively. They changed the hearing to accommodate her and she still bailed on the hearing. What caught my eye was this in the article (see below). Maybe her lawyers and her have discussed the case and are pretty sure she will be convicted and she wanted to delay it to complete Opera on Ice. I'm not incredibly familiar with how the ban would affect her ability to do shows and like what shows it will prevent her from doing.

The 27-year-old Kostner risks a ban of up to four years from all sports activities in Italy and abroad for aiding and failing to report Schwazer's doping. She also risks punishment for failing to cooperate with CONI. A ban would also prevent her from appearing in non-competitive events or shows worldwide that are supported by the International Skating Union, CONI said.

Alba

Record Breaker
Even if the hearing was moved to the morning, it's still quite inconvenient (considering it's in Rome). The court knew of her absence because they were notified by her lawyer beforehand. She skipped because she knew there would be no serious consequences: she will just be called for a second hearing. If she's not there the second time - well, that will be a problem, of course.

The strange thing is that the court was notified on thursday, so too late. I don't understand why did they send the notification to the court on thursday when the informed the pubblic about this on Tuesday?

I don't think there will be serious consequences either, but it will be seen as a contempt.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Carolina is not called to a "court" or risking "conviction". It is an issue with a sport organization and its regulations. The "authorities" in the article whom she was to face have the power to suspend her activities within the official domain of the sport. If they decide against her, they can forbid her to participate in the Olympics and/or all ISU events for a period or time or even retroactively in the worst case scenario. She can however still participate in non ISU skating events such as performing or even organizing skating shows.

I don't know if she has violated any Italian law but so far there has not been any indication from the legal authorities. She has not been charged or called to the legal court.

Alba

Record Breaker
Carolina is not called to a "court" or risking "conviction". It is an issue with a sport organization and its regulations. The "authorities" in the article whom she was to face have the power to suspend her activities within the official domain of the sport. If they decide against her, they can forbid her to participate in the Olympics and/or all ISU events for a period or time or even retroactively in the worst case scenario. She can however still participate in non ISU skating events such as performing or even organizing skating shows.

I don't know if she has violated any Italian law but so far there has not been any indication from the legal authorities. She has not been charged or called to the legal court.

I think we've already cleared (pages before) that she is not under legal investigation and we're not talking about legal court here, but the antidoping prosecuters. It's sporting justice.

She risks nothing for this one. She will be summoned a second time, which will be also the last one.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If they decide against her, they can forbid her to participate in the Olympics and/or all ISU events for a period or time or even retroactively in the worst case scenario. She can however still participate in non ISU skating events such as performing or even organizing skating shows.
Could you clarify this? They can't strip her of her World title or Olympic medal... can they? It's not like she's took the drugs herself.

(Also, the article seems to indicate that she won't be able to participate in ISU-supported shows... if there are any of those outside of galas/Japan Open?)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Could you clarify this? They can't strip her of her World title or Olympic medal... can they? It's not like she's took the drugs herself.

I really don't know but highly doubt this would happen. There is no indication of any kind of attempt to bar her participation in the Olympics and major ISU competitions since the authorities knew of her covering for Schwazer. And of course, she did not dope.

(Also, the article seems to indicate that she won't be able to participate in ISU-supported shows... if there are any of those outside of galas/Japan Open?)

I can't think of any outside of those.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Any more news, recently? And, if not, when should we expect to hear something?

CaroLiza_fan