Miners found | Golden Skate

Miners found

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
12 Miners Found!

Amazing.

Edited to add...At around 3am it was announced that only one miner was found alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Still haven't identified the body that was found. Please continue to pray for the family. On behalf of our little state thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts.

Patti

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The first miner brought out is on a ventilator.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Oh man, they just announced that only one of the miners has survived. Families are very angry that they were told they were all alive and now this. These poor families, I feel so bad for them. It looks like someone really screwed up in the communications department. Even the Governor had confirmed that they were alive. This is just horrible.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
considering my state's news programs are supposedly updated every few minutes they certainly didn't have it right this time... they were reporting that all were not only alive, but all were out of the mine! :sheesh:

This is such a horrible tragedy... but one DID make it out alive, let's continue to be thankful for that ....

my thoughts and prayers go out to all who are involved... including the governor who will no doubt get blasted for this error....which was probably not his fault to begin with :(

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
What a cruel error! To actually think your loved ones are alive after all, and then this...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
When they announced last night that the miners were going to be taken to the church instead of directly to the hospital I thought "something isn't right here". Taking them to the church would have been an inspiring testament to faith but medically and in our litigious society I just could not see that happening.

As much as I like seeing the live on the scene reports information needs to be verified before it is released as fact. Hopefully all of the citations against the mine will be fully investigated. Big coal has been given too many breaks for too long.

John Casto's speech was the most moving thing I have ever heard in my life. CNN will probably be repeating it so please try to catch it. :cry: :cry: :cry:. I think some people are losing sight of the fact that one miracle instead of 12 is still a miracle.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Agreed, Piel....

did they finally explain why it took 3 hours after the news broke that 12 survived to retract the statement????

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
From what I heard on CNN today the representative from the mining company said that they didn't want to make any statements until they knew for sure who was dead and who was alive. After the men were found (all unconscious)they said they were busy trying to assess their status and revive the man who is still alive. I don't buy all of that. It's one thing to be caught up in the moment but IMO somebody let their excitement over miracles overtake their objectivity and ability to deal with the facts. We are talking about a governor,a U.S. Congresswoman, their PR staffs, the owners of a coal company and their staff. It is these folks jobs to know better. This may come back to haunt Governor Manchin and Rep.Capito careerwise. I think it would be easier to forgive someone for telling me someone was dead and then find them to be alive than this. Totally unproffesional. Someone should have been assigned just to deal with the families and the public as well as some kind of chain of command.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
This has been so very mishandled, Piel. Now what on earth are we to believe about the latest news on the discovered 'unconscious' bodies? Who to believe? Some things never change in WVa, eh?

Well, I continue to pray for the victims & their families, hoping that whoever really is alive will recover. Bless them.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I can proudly say that I didn't vote for either Manchin of Capito. BTW is it just me and my friends or does anyone else think that Joe Manchin looks like Joey Buttafuco?

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Piel said:
....Joe Manchin looks like Joey Buttafuco?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well, I thought that his dad was a made-for-TV character, too. I'm old enough to remember that guy & his hats.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
A. James was his uncle, LOL. I had the misfortune of being seated next to him at a political function a loooooong time ago...the man had on no less than an entire bottle of BRUT...yuk! What a character!